Handbrake light on when step gas

Phluvcat

Dear all

these few days I noticed that when I step on the gas, the handbrake light will come on. It will go off after awhile when I am on very very light throttle and just coasting. It will turn off when I brake.

Check handbrake is fully down when that happens.

Could it be the brake assembly is stuck?

Need some experience and advice please.

Thanks and regards.

↡ Advertisement

Dear all

these few days I noticed that when I step on the gas, the handbrake light will come on. It will go off after awhile when I am on very very light throttle and just coasting. It will turn off when I brake.

Check handbrake is fully down when that happens.

Could it be the brake assembly is stuck?

Need some experience and advice please.

Thanks and regards.

bring to work shop check. no point asking here.

Thanks Prostcode, Paddie and Yewheng.

[:)]

But if really brake fluid low, 1st thing to check is brake pad and whether any leakage at the brake fluid. As far as possible try not to top up brake fluid when it is low level as some cars equipped with sensors that detect low brake fluid and send warning message to check brake pad.

Same thing happened to me yesterday when suddenly rain heavily as I ran to my car to take shelter........then found how come car move sluggishly when stepped on gas.......then discovered forgotten to release the handbrake....... [laugh]

Luckily handbrake or parking brake is not over infested with electronics.

My guess will be borderline low brake fluid.

mine is 16 year old civic so should not be other electronic complication other than brake fluid as advised by some bros. ya front and back all disc brake.

to play safe, topped up the brake fluid when I pump petrol this evening, no more handbrake light abnormality liao.

tomorrow going for my servicing at about 7800km, just to make sure everything is alright, anyway car already felt sluggish and probably bushing not in good condition, right rear camber also more than the rest of the tyres.

Thanks all for the advice siah.

Same thing happened to me yesterday when suddenly rain heavily as I ran to my car to take shelter........then found how come car move sluggishly when stepped on gas.......then discovered forgotten to release the handbrake....... [laugh]

haha what distance you drove with ur handbrake engaged?

Luckily handbrake or parking brake is not over infested with electronics.

My guess will be borderline low brake fluid.

below min line liao...going for early servicing tomorrow, I still value my life ler...

^_^

I often forgot to release the handbrake... Good thing car got sensor that beeps! [wave]

(edited)

Hahaha at the garage now, right rear brake pump leak and bushing chui, camber out.

Edited by Phluvcat

The mechanic "upgraded" my rear upper arms to a pair of secondhand after-market ones. Hopefully good riddance to PU bushings which had been giving me problems.

Luckily that day at the garage, brake pump and upper arms all got second hand ones.

post-61055-1346548391_thumb.jpg post-61055-1346548419_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement