Boss jailed for dumping dying worker by roadside

Tigershark1976

I give him the benefit of the doubt coz after all he's just a contractor and not a doctor. If he had knew what was coming I think he would not had think twice and sent the injured worker to the hospital.

The doctor advised him to visit the hospital immediately.

The employer may possibly be excused if he had received no medical advice. But he did - and the advice was to get his FW straight to hospital. If he didn't do it after that, it's entirely his fault. The contractor is not a doctor, but if he thought he knew better than the doctor, well, he deserves everything he gets (and more than he got from the judge).

Don't labour under the misapprehension that this employer made an "honest mistake". He was purely saving his own skin. [rolleyes]

Ppl do make mistakes and I think he dun feel good that his worker had died. Somemore he got to live with it for the rest of his life. To me that is enough punishment. He shouldn't have hired illegal immigrants just to save a lot of bucks(levy & insurance). Foolish.

Enough punishment? I don't think "guilt" is going to do the trick, since the employer had little enough conscience to take his illegal FW to hospital when so advised by the doctor.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement