Skyline R34 Gtt

Hotshot85

Hmm..sounds like autostrasse is the choice then.

Which baby Lambo?

The Porker is definitely the more mature choice, but now that I've experienced the Porsche, I'm still deciding between upgrading to a P-turbo vs a GTR. But since I like to try different marques, I'm leaning toward the GTR. Aiyah, see first lah.

Gallardo. But driving the car is a bitch and a little too loud in terms of image. The Porker is still a driveable everyday car...thats what I like.

As for Kelvin, cause during my old STi days, there is a guy with the nick Turbo Flat 4.

Nice car you got there. [thumbsup]

I used to own WRXs (two in fact, bugeye then cockeye). I went by the nick Turboflat4 (no spaces), sometimes with a '0' (zero) replacing the 'o'. I was most active on SCS and occasionally posted on Rexfactor (I found the SCS community much nicer). I was also a mod on the US forum WRXfanatics, and also posted on NASIOC. But I'm *definitely* not Kelvin! :D

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Melvin is the best salesman ever. No questions about it. The problem is I am buying 2nd hand...

Always thought the GTR serviving is cheaper...heard from friends who own both marques...

If you dont like the go-kart feeling, the Lotus Elise R is out for u too, bro...I love the Elise...it would be fun in Sepang...but if sometimes u fetch

your wife, she will curse you!!!! Same for the Gallardo.

Plus my neighbours will hate me....they already hate my Ducatis.

ya .. my gf already hates the GTR. lol. i think i drive very passively when she's inside ... she *hates* the sudden acceleration ... (sadly, im a roller coaster junkie)

yes def cheaper to service a gallardo than a gtr ... cos i check with the guy who lent me his gallardo to drive haha ... we had a long discussion about cars before our meeting, and he let me drive his car ...

as for buying second hand .. whats the problem? talk to Melvin bro ... he can hook you up also. he has coordinated deals between his old owners and then new owners ... best to go direct to him and tell him your requirements! :D

Edited by Sp4wn

Nice car you got there. [thumbsup]

I used to own WRXs (two in fact, bugeye then cockeye). I went by the nick Turboflat4 (no spaces), sometimes with a '0' (zero) replacing the 'o'. I was most active on SCS and occasionally posted on Rexfactor (I found the SCS community much nicer). I was also a mod on the US forum WRXfanatics, and also posted on NASIOC. But I'm *definitely* not Kelvin! :D

Hmmm....wait a minute..... yes u had a blue cockeye mah...didnt u? your kakis also drive rex then...a speccie guy with a GC8? previously were Fiats? Then did you buy over the Vivio RXR?

RF was founded by me and Billy.

ya .. my gf already hates the GTR. lol. i think i drive very passively when she's inside ... she *hates* the sudden acceleration ... (sadly, im a roller coaster junkie)

yes def cheaper to service a gallardo than a gtr ... cos i check with the guy who lent me his gallardo to drive haha ... we had a long discussion about cars before our meeting, and he let me drive his car ...

as for buying second hand .. whats the problem? talk to Melvin bro ... he can hook you up also. he has coordinated deals between his old owners and then new owners ... best to go direct to him and tell him your requirements! :D

Next round perhaps. Happy with the Porker now.

Anyway, its still GF...for me, GF has no rights in all my decison making....ZERO hehehehe

Turbocharged

Next round perhaps. Happy with the Porker now.

Anyway, its still GF...for me, GF has no rights in all my decison making....ZERO hehehehe

sorry let me rephrase. 9yr with same GF ...

LOL :D

Edited by Sp4wn

Old car is never cheap to maintain especially performance models. Need to cater around 5-10k just in case anything happens and since parts are not readily available, it will means that while waiting, you may not get to drive it. If buying for DD, must really consider all factors. My GT4 stay in garage more than in my car park. Spend money like water also.

Also I believe older performance cars probably have bad FC. My GT4 = 5/6km per litre. :(

But good thing is old cars is very attract attention. :)

Old car is never cheap to maintain especially performance models. Need to cater around 5-10k just in case anything happens and since parts are not readily available, it will means that while waiting, you may not get to drive it. If buying for DD, must really consider all factors. My GT4 stay in garage more than in my car park. Spend money like water also.

Also I believe older performance cars probably have bad FC. My GT4 = 5/6km per litre. :(

But good thing is old cars is very attract attention. :)

5-6km still ok.... you should try my old Spec C RA. Damn. 3-4km/L. Wack or dont wack also same. Tuned again also same.

Hmmm....wait a minute..... yes u had a blue cockeye mah...didnt u? your kakis also drive rex then...a speccie guy with a GC8? previously were Fiats? Then did you buy over the Vivio RXR?

RF was founded by me and Billy.

I had a baby blue cockeye (my second WRX). I knew a few guys with GC8. But I never owned a Vivio. :D

Just curious, the 2 porkies I linked, what's their exact version if any of the pros

out there would like to enlighten me? Are they the 911 turbos at all? I've always

loved their shape hehe.

You guys sure you not ganna chopped for the service? Just an honest question.

For sure the GTR servicing is expensive, but I do not recall it being that expensive! I think also, many people complain about the high cost of service & service interval, & Nissan amend the service interval, & what need to be done during each servicing.

Have you checked that TC used the updated servicig protocol?

At one time, I was thinking of a GTR & hang around NAGTROC for a while. I forgot the exact figures, but I am sure its no way near anyway the amount you pay.

From my understanding, few people (in USA at least) are willing to pay servicing for a car that cost almost 1/2 the cost of the car itself, & a model year 09 car cost around US$60-70k new.

I also spoke to a bro (wh used to drive an evo) that have change to GTR, he also told me the servcing cost is not much higher than the evo, & I do not remember my servcing for my evo was as anyway close to the sum you quote, & I am not stingy on my servcing.

my WRX can fight u.

50L at 300km got light liao :wacko:

[laugh]

Ya... but my one is NA. 150bhp nia... [:|]

I wish I can tune my XC90 engine to the Noble's specs. Then hoh say liao! [:p]

Turbocharged

You guys sure you not ganna chopped for the service? Just an honest question.

For sure the GTR servicing is expensive, but I do not recall it being that expensive! I think also, many people complain about the high cost of service & service interval, & Nissan amend the service interval, & what need to be done during each servicing.

Have you checked that TC used the updated servicig protocol?

At one time, I was thinking of a GTR & hang around NAGTROC for a while. I forgot the exact figures, but I am sure its no way near anyway the amount you pay.

From my understanding, few people (in USA at least) are willing to pay servicing for a car that cost almost 1/2 the cost of the car itself, & a model year 09 car cost around US$60-70k new.

I also spoke to a bro (wh used to drive an evo) that have change to GTR, he also told me the servcing cost is not much higher than the evo, & I do not remember my servcing for my evo was as anyway close to the sum you quote, & I am not stingy on my servcing.

thats the price of warranty ma ... i was looking through the servicing file i keep and i found the 10 page document i signed saying i will not modify the car la, i wont change the rims la, i wont change the tires myself la ... i still remember my dad telling me getting married was easier .. no need to sign such a long document ... :D

but jokes aside ... i went via the AD because i wanted piece of mind i suppose. never owned a PI car in my life and probably dont intend to. i already know TC prices are at least 20% higher than the leading workshop ... and so far i have had no qualms with their service ... even when i got hit by that drunk driver .. 1 call to the salesman and the tow truck came flying down ... (same for the gearbox example i cited earlier .. since i know some bros who had to wait up to a month for gearbox replacement ..)

Probably wrong person....

I did know a guy who drove a Fiat Coupe. He was handicapped but he faithfully came for Traction Circle trackdays. Nice guy. Can't remember his name, but maybe you're thinking of him?

Edited by Turboflat4

I did know a guy who drove a Fiat Coupe. He was handicapped but he faithfully came for Traction Circle trackdays. Nice guy. Can't remember his name, but maybe you're thinking of him?

Not him. I found the nick already, he is Afterburner. Got confused between you and him.

↡ Advertisement