Skyline R34 Gtt

Hotshot85

Note that the auto tranny is converted to Manual. This can be problematic for inspection, LTA and insurance.....

Bro, I thought the Gtt comes as manual?

↡ Advertisement

which is better? evo X or IX?

performance and handling wise

Seems like there are alot of praises for the S-AWC system on the Evo X. Its a nice solid car imho :)

i pump 5-6x a month ... each time about $120.

each 10k maintenance is about 2k+++

each tire change is about $800 per tire. if the sidewall damaged or punctured, cannot repair. must change.

every 30k km full service closer to 6k.

Bro, all I can say is.. WAH BIANG!!! And to think that my aim, if i ever struck the jackpot via ToTo, was to buy a GTR :(

Why's it so ex anyways? All the workshops purposely charging high for this ride?

this car is not worth buying

first is the running cost, road tax etc.

second you will be fine heavily if LTA find out the engine was swapped

confirm not LTA approved

and the handling wise is really different from the BNR34

and GTT is only a 5 speed RWD vs 6 speed AWD

so why pay so much for a second rate Skyline?

I been researching on the Skyline GTRs so i know each car specs

Hmm true, I agree abt the RWD part, but as it stands.. sorta have enough of AWD with my current Rex liao haha. Wanna try more tail kicking out experiences without resorting to driving 2 seater cars i.e. Mx-5, Mr-S etc etc hehe

I have owned both. For refinement and space, X. For raw brutal G force, the 9. Power in the X is kinda linear.

Seems like there are alot of praises for the S-AWC system on the Evo X. Its a nice solid car imho :)

Hmm true, I agree abt the RWD part, but as it stands.. sorta have enough of AWD with my current Rex liao haha. Wanna try more tail kicking out experiences without resorting to driving 2 seater cars i.e. Mx-5, Mr-S etc etc hehe

Its not so much about RWD or AWD, there are good RWD cars like cayman or brz. its not like we have ice or snow in winter. But you are paying a premium in maintence for a poorer cousin of a legend. It can have a 1000hp, but it will still not be a Gtr.

Also, can you tahan the 90s interior? I have not driven a Rex, but what I gather fron my Evo pals who used to own base rex(not Sti), there is a significant difference between the 2. Otherwise, dig a bit deeper for a BMW 335i. Bot sure the price for a used one these days.

It says Skyline 2.5A

That's the prob. It's suppose to be Skyline 2.5A but yet it was converted to manual.

Looking at the pics, i believe it's manual.. Description also mention manual. Wonder if approved by LTA..

this car is not worth buying

first is the running cost, road tax etc.

second you will be fine heavily if LTA find out the engine was swapped

confirm not LTA approved

and the handling wise is really different from the BNR34

and GTT is only a 5 speed RWD vs 6 speed AWD

so why pay so much for a second rate Skyline?

I been researching on the Skyline GTRs so i know each car specs

u find one GTR34 for that price then compare. Dunno y u all comparing a GTT with a GTR, of cos GTR win la... piangz... you find me a GTR at that price, let me know, i will go downpayment immediately.

GTT might not have the same cachet as the GTR, but it is by no means a 'second rate skyline'. Or maybe i just too noob a driver.

Otherwise, dig a bit deeper for a BMW 335i. Bot sure the price for a used one these days.

early 2007 335i: http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...156&DL=1057

pretty much double the depreciation, so need to dig ALOT deeper.

Edited by Mockngbrd

i pump 5-6x a month ... each time about $120.

each 10k maintenance is about 2k+++

each tire change is about $800 per tire. if the sidewall damaged or punctured, cannot repair. must change.

every 30k km full service closer to 6k.

why cannot repair? O.O

u find one GTR34 for that price then compare. Dunno y u all comparing a GTT with a GTR, of cos GTR win la... piangz... you find me a GTR at that price, let me know, i will go downpayment immediately.

GTT might not have the same cachet as the GTR, but it is by no means a 'second rate skyline'. Or maybe i just too noob a driver.

I think you will need further research on the Skyline

there is a reason why the GTT is second rate to the GTR R34

GTT vs GTR

RB25DET vs RB26DETT

5 Speed vs 6 Speed

RWD vs AWD

normal brake vs brembo brakes

and interior

ER34

283447_5b.jpg

BNR34

277933_6b.jpg

there is one BNR34 for sale at 120k

but will have to take a closer look to confirm the car

but the exo it still using is stock?!

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...933&DL=1000

I think you will need further research on the Skyline

there is a reason why the GTT is second rate to the GTR R34

GTT vs GTR

RB25DET vs RB26DETT

5 Speed vs 6 Speed

RWD vs AWD

normal brake vs brembo brakes

and interior

ER34

283447_5b.jpg

BNR34

277933_6b.jpg

there is one BNR34 for sale at 120k

but will have to take a closer look to confirm the car

but the exo it still using is stock?!

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...933&DL=1000

i wonder how many people here have driven a GTT to its limits to qualify them to called it second rate skyline....oh well, there is nothing to prove, just enjoy ur own rides that u love.

Turbocharged

Bro, all I can say is.. WAH BIANG!!! And to think that my aim, if i ever struck the jackpot via ToTo, was to buy a GTR :(

Why's it so ex anyways? All the workshops purposely charging high for this ride?

not really la ... maybe if you go to MB performance, can save 1k or something. but most workshops the price is around there la. in contrast, porsches start at a higher price point but cheaper to maintain ... GTR is just a very technical car i suppose. want to change stuff also need to pull out god knows how many parts to reach something. i guess all that technical innovation comes at a price ... (a very heavy one on my wallet)

why cannot repair? O.O

if sidewall, i think may have to do with how the tires are "knurled" to hold onto the rim. if its damaged it may not hold on properly due to the amount of torque and acceleration ... and send the tire flying off :P

lol ...

i wonder how many people here have driven a GTT to its limits to qualify them to called it second rate skyline....oh well, there is nothing to prove, just enjoy ur own rides that u love.

Relax. I think they only named it in comparison to GTR, which in fact, is the flagship in comparison. Which also no wrong lah.. Technically..

It's no doubt a very good car, just that GTR R34 is supposedly better mah.

Yah, enjoy the rides u love, no first or second.

not really la ... maybe if you go to MB performance, can save 1k or something. but most workshops the price is around there la. in contrast, porsches start at a higher price point but cheaper to maintain ... GTR is just a very technical car i suppose. want to change stuff also need to pull out god knows how many parts to reach something. i guess all that technical innovation comes at a price ... (a very heavy one on my wallet)

if sidewall, i think may have to do with how the tires are "knurled" to hold onto the rim. if its damaged it may not hold on properly due to the amount of torque and acceleration ... and send the tire flying off :P

lol ...

but how come oil change so ex?

thought just change filter (at most $50 for good quality) and oil which will cost at most 500 for 5 liters

↡ Advertisement