Most clueless car salesman?

Nostalgia

Neutral Newbie

Sorry sorry my mistake, I was just quoting examples, didn't mean to mention CT9A without some representation from Subaru as well [:p]

The Japanese high performance world is so big, very very difficult to mention all the names [laugh]

One coffee from me next time if we ever meet [laugh]

Cheers

u missed out GDA/B. hee hee

↡ Advertisement

Maybe you have a rich man face, so he's trying to sell you the gtr instead of the normal sedan car. [:p]

I remember i went to see one hatchback in one of the AD showroom. Being a car idiot i noticed one black plastic cover located on top of the behind windscreen area, and i asked the SE what is the purpose of that thing, and she told me that one is to stable the car when go on high speed?! And later then i realised myself that 'thing' is for water to spray out to clean the behind windscreen! <_<

but luckily i nvr buy the gtr [laugh] or else seeing the new version of r35 wif DRL n more power, else i heart pain [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

I was talking to a Kah Motor salesman trying to sell me a Honda sports car.

Thinking that I was talking to someone who should know his stuff, I gave him an off-the-cuff answer and got a surprising reply which I was just sharing here. Did I clarify with Mr Salesman later what it meant, yes I did. So, it's my fault that he is too lazy to read up on his own product line?

Yah I am the stupid fool here for expecting a car salesman to know his cars, especially the brand he is selling.

What a jerk I am.

When all is said and done, was it really so hard to say, "I drive an Integra Type R?"

Edited by GTR78

this remind me i went to BMW showroom in Jakarta and the SE is a middle age lady in late 30s

then i open the bonnet of 7 Series, i asked her what are the two long black steel like at the side?

http://bmw.autosmagusa.com/wp-content/uplo...nce-concept.jpg

and her answer is to ADD safety of the car during crash

i was like laughing inside my heart as i know the answer but just want to test her haha

this remind me i went to BMW showroom in Jakarta and the SE is a middle age lady in late 30s

then i open the bonnet of 7 Series, i asked her what are the two long black steel like at the side?

http://bmw.autosmagusa.com/wp-content/uplo...nce-concept.jpg

and her answer is to ADD safety of the car during crash

i was like laughing inside my heart as i know the answer but just want to test her haha

Prevent the front bumper from dropping off. [:p]

Yap, I think it is a Honda fans lingo to use chassis number. I also have a Honda fan collegue that like to use chassis code when take about Honda cars. no other people of other make I heard them refer to a car by chassis number.

Otherwise, only In particular car make forum do you see people talk to each other using chassis code, & only within the community.

At most people refer by car name follow by code, say I drive a BMW m3 e92.

When I go to the showroom, I expect the salesperson to be able to tell me the features of the car, option list, differences between models, mpg etc things related to buying a car. I for certain do not expect them to give me a lesson on how direct injection engine works, who is the CEO of the car make, history of the manufacturer etc. it's good if they know, but it's not a deal breaker.

But ok, since we know now that Honda buyers expect their sales people to know chassis code like 2nd nature, the next time I visit Honda showroom, I will talk to their sales manager that all their stuff must know chassis code for Honda make in last 25 years.

Neutral Newbie

Context. Context. Context.

Typed 3 times for emphasis. I cannot emphasize enough just how important it is when it comes to comes to communication.

Defination: Context (language use), the relevant constraints of the communicative situation that influence language use, language variation, and discourse summary

This is supposed to be one of those lite & easy threads where a nameless & faceless, hapless car salesman gets embarressed for his lack of professional knowledge, all for the entertainment of our forum audience. The salesman doesn't know he is being made fun of and we in the forum gets a good laugh, all good clean fun.

If someone has an agenda other than to provide said clean entertainment, that person should start a new thread, perhaps with an appropriate title like "Why only Honda fan bois like to use chassis codes??" or "Honda/ Type R owners are nerds that using lingo only they understand".

Please make the title loud & clear so that it is easy to avoid.

Cheers

my story which i heard from my friend.

Singapore Mitsubishi Lancer is well known to have the hazard lights turn on when you open the car door.

my friend went to test drive a Lancer with a salesgirl.

just about when my friend opened the car door, the hazard lights turn on.

he jokingly commented that, how come the hazard lights are on?

... ... the salesgirl paused awhile and reply, "don't worry. this car got defect when you buy a new one, this will not happen." [laugh]

winner~ :D

JOKE OF THE DAY!

is the sales girl chio? [laugh]

Yes, I totatly cannot understand why people like to call car by the name of the chasis code.

DC5-R? buay tahan, just say Integra Tpye R lah. Apparantly only the Honda fans boy do that.

agree, u might like Honda but others may , even if u mention Integra some might not understand and some will heck care whether its R type or not...

whenever SE ask me what car i'm driving, i just mention the brand and which model name, example Toyota Camry or Lexus RX hybrid

if they want to give rought estimate for my car, i just give the mileage and year made, maybe color as well but not specific model like DC5-R, etc

If someone were to ask a BMW 3-er owner - which model do you drive?

Your answer can be: Oh, its a 325i.

Yah, but which 325i? Very vague leh.

He can add ... Oh the IL6 NA just before Valvetronic was introduced.

Or use that engine code: M52B25

Still very vague.

Or he could use the year.

Oh, it's the 2003 325i

Yah, but which one is that really?

The best answer would be the E46 325i.

Immediately, for those who know, the shape, front/tail lights, rear view of the car all immediately comes into mind.

Same if I mentioned the E90, or F30.

For this, I fully agree with what you said! [thumbsup]

If someone were to ask a BMW 3-er owner - which model do you drive?

Your answer can be: Oh, its a 325i.

Yah, but which 325i? Very vague leh.

He can add ... Oh the IL6 NA just before Valvetronic was introduced.

Or use that engine code: M52B25

Still very vague.

Or he could use the year.

Oh, it's the 2003 325i

Yah, but which one is that really?

The best answer would be the E46 325i.

Immediately, for those who know, the shape, front/tail lights, rear view of the car all immediately comes into mind.

Same if I mentioned the E90, or F30.

sometimes stupid is good, ask for discount, 'dont know' ...hint for extra 'dont know'...everything 'dont know'..so buyer paid FULL price with NO discount.

I have NEVER known anyone just browsing for fun, was convinced by salesman to actually buy a car!!!!!

In fact the best buyers are the blur ones...... i often marvel at how salesladies with no knowledge of anything can bluff their way to sell a product. I also no heart to tell her, especially those old aunties at department stores and if the item is not so expensive...after all they are trying to make a living

but i agree for a car purchase, better put a pretty gal with some knowledge. A guy will be more willing to spend $$ if the girl is 1) pretty 2) flirting 3) have decent knowledge of the car and 4) throw in "freebies". At least they have a good time buying the car and some more the girl's name and phone number is pasted on the IU cover for memory...

.... 4) throw in "freebies". At least they have a good time buying the car and some more the girl's name and phone number is pasted on the IU cover for memory...

That's a good one! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement