Most clueless car salesman?

Nostalgia

Light weekend topic: Stories of the most clueless car salesman you've ever come across.

Feel free to put yours down. Here's mine:

I was visiting the AD for a low-volume Japanese brand. Young guy comes up to me and talks about all the luxury features at a budget. Well and good.

Then it comes: 'the seats have built-in massagers'

'Really? I can't believe it'

'Sit down sir, and I'll show you'.

I get into the driver's seat and he leans over, one hand on the lower right part of the seat, 'Ready sir? Turning it on now'

He presses the lumbar support control back and forth. The lower seat back moves in...out... agonizingly slowly.....

'Feel that? Massage!'

I said 'that's the lumbar support!'

He looks at me and gives me a goofy grin. With a sinking feeling, I realized he thought I was making a crude Hokkien joke.

True story.

Edited by Nostalgia
↡ Advertisement

Light weekend topic: Stories of the most clueless car salesman you've ever come across.

I was visiting the AD for a low-volume Japanese brand. Young guy comes up to me and talks about all the luxury features at a budget. Well and good.

I get into the driver's seat and he leans over, one hand on the lower right part of the seat, 'Ready sir? Turning it on now'

He presses the lumbar support control back and forth. The lower seat back moves in...out... agonizingly slowly.....

'Feel that? Massage!'

He looks at me and gives me a goofy grin. With a sinking feeling, I realized he thought I was making a crude Hokkien joke.

True story.

[thumbsup] great writing man... [thumbsup] you're the latest in a line of great storytellers who have graced MCF with their wit and prose..

[thumbsup] great writing man... [thumbsup] you're the latest in a line of great storytellers who have graced MCF with their wit and prose..

Wow, thanks for the compliment! [blush]

the next thing he would introduce would be the additional headlights illumintion system to the back of the car.....when you step on the brakes.

This SE should be commended for innovative sales pitch.

Technically he is not wrong if you manually up/down the lumbar support button, it's indeed massage.

'Feel that? Massage!'

True story.

your ending made my day. darn funny.

Thanks bro.

This SE should be commended for innovative sales pitch.

Technically he is not wrong if you manually up/down the lumbar support button, it's indeed massage.

And you probably remember him for the wrong reason... A "good" SE indeed! [laugh]

Nice original story TS. I have one too. But mine not so clueless ....

I went to take a look at twincab turbo diesel pickup. It did not come with any airbag - Ssangyong. When I asked about it, the SE said, 'why you need airbag for? It only adds to the weight!'

duh.

I guess we can't blame most of them, not a lot of drivers or SE are into technical details. I have similar encounters before, I will just laugh within and tell them I just wanna look at the car alone.

My encounter was several years back when the Mazda 6 was just launched. If you are familiar with the car, you will know that the sunglasses holder is on the lower part of the dashboard below the right side aircon vent, instead of above the rear view mirror like many cars. The salesman proudly told me, "this is specially designed to be here, so to keep the centre of gravity low". I nearly choked...

My encounter was several years back when the Mazda 6 was just launched. If you are familiar with the car, you will know that the sunglasses holder is on the lower part of the dashboard below the right side aircon vent, instead of above the rear view mirror like many cars. The salesman proudly told me, "this is specially designed to be here, so to keep the centre of gravity low". I nearly choked...

Ji shao chen duo sibo, or maybe those shades weight 100kg [laugh]

Let's not name names... :D

Technically, he was not wrong. He did not say AUTO massage like OSIM mah.

So, you need to manually push the button front and back to massage your Lum Par, oops I mean your lumbar. :D

maybe some people keep coins and gold bars there. :D

↡ Advertisement