ITE - My Talent - WorldSkills Singapore 2012

Yeobh

For those who have still the 1960's mindset of Vocational education & industrial training, please watch this video

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Transformation - ITE Graduation Ceremony 2012

Edited by Yeobh

Hi

I was from VITB- JVI, AVI and STI. I am still proud to receive education from these institutions. The best education I had received! It ignites my interest in Electronics Engineering.

Twincharged
(edited)

For those who have still the 1960's mindset of Vocational education & industrial training, please watch this video

Nevertheless, we have to remember that basic mechanical, electrical and machining skills are still important these days, not just operating advanced machines by selecting pushbuttons. So 1960s or not, we should not look down on this kind of training.

Nowadays students lack these basic skills, not because they are clumsy or have no talent, but more because of lack of patience and don't bother with the details.

With competitions such as these, we have to remember though, that the students are hand-picked and are the best of the ITE, so of course, very impressive... Hopefully, the rest of the student population can match up.

Edited by Sosaria

Anyone study at BMVI - H D diesel mechanic course ? I was there as a young training officer right up to 1976.

I know someone who graduated with nothing more than a VI (used to be literally synonymous with "pai kia") cert, went into business, and now lives in landed property fully paid up and comfortably retired.

I know someone who graduated with nothing more than a VI (used to be literally synonymous with "pai kia") cert, went into business, and now lives in landed property fully paid up and comfortably retired.

care to share for everyone who had made it, how many did not made it?

What do you take me for, a statistician? [rolleyes]

I'm sharing what I do know - there's enough success stories floating around to prove that a university education is not the be-all-end-all for a person.

(edited)

WorldSkills London 2011 - Automobile Technology Categories

Edited by Yeobh
↡ Advertisement