Queries on commercial vehicle

Obscurest

Hi folks,

I have a few queries really need you guys to clear my doubts.

1) can commercial vehicles travel on the 1st lane if is a 2/3/4/5 lanes road?

2) if there is a traffic jam, can commercial vehicle travel on the 1st lane? Reason being someone told me that as long as within speed limit they can (heavy jam)

3) if commercial vehicle is making a right turn, they can stay on the 1st lane right ? But how far can they travel on the 1st lane before making a right turn?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Hi folks,

2) if there is a traffic jam, can commercial vehicle travel on the 1st lane? Reason being someone told me that as long as within speed limit they can (heavy jam)

3) if commercial vehicle is making a right turn, they can stay on the 1st lane right ? But how far can they travel on the 1st lane before making a right turn?

Thanks

For 1 and 3, I guess you will be on small or major urban roads, but not expressways, as there are very few situations in Singapore expressways where you have to keep right to go right. For those roads, it isn't an offence to be on the right lane, unless you're unreasonably slow or causing traffic to slow down. Ideally you won't want to filter right too early, to avoid disrupting the faster moving traffic (the keep left rule still applies to all roads, but with more flexibility). But on the other hand, you need to filter right in advance before turning, rather than keeping left all the way and only cutting to the right just before you turn, which is inconsiderate and dangerous. There probably isn't any right or wrong, you have to use your experience, common sense and judgment of the traffic conditions. As long as you signal your intention in advance, don't make any sudden lane changes and keep a reasonable speed for the road (not too fast or too slow), should be all right.

For 1 and 3, I guess you will be on small or major urban roads, but not expressways, as there are very few situations in Singapore expressways where you have to keep right to go right.

yes, 1of them is fr East by PIE to Upper Bt Timah Rd exit 27A.

u hv to filter earlier to the right lane (1) with yr right turning signal "ON" at tat period of time untill u turn into the small lane on the right passing under the fly-over,

or else TP may think tat u r driving on the right lane with "G" plate vehicles....

Hi folks,

NO... dun be a hogger be it on expressway or small roads...

NO... commercial vehicle shld be totally off lane 1... again to be a hogger...

can of cos some roads u muz stick to most rite lane aka lane 1 to right turn... but again dun stay lane 1 too long, dun be a hogger!!!

sorie, but i'm really pissed wif hoggers tinking they own the road or even own lane 1... to hoggers (TS, i dun mean u), i sincerely hope u unknowingly hogging an ambulance behind u which might be ferrying ur closed ones...

Thanks

Oh jus to clarify that I don't drive a commercial vehicle.

I ask this questions cos I'm super pissed off by commercial vehicles cos they are always on lane 1. I really am curious what's their cans n cants.

Thks

Oh jus to clarify that I don't drive a commercial vehicle.

I ask this questions cos I'm super pissed off by commercial vehicles cos they are always on lane 1. I really am curious what's their cans n cants.

Thks

They hogged the lane? Or travel too fast?

They hogged the lane? Or travel too fast?

Travel too fast???

Haha. Yah so fast tat I can't catch up..

Too slow lah. That's why I so du lan.

What to do? If only I stick to my childhood dream of becoming a TP.

Well who knows.

not all G plates hogger hor. certain minivans got big big turbo inside one. dun pray pray.

No if they are fast same speed as those cars in front think I can accept.

But I dun know why seems like everyday I can see commercial vehicle traveling on lane1 and they are not fast. Quote a few roads as examples:

1) from teck Whye to Jurong town hall road. Starting from the new ite or scdf onwards, they start to keep right. Initially I thought they are making u turn after the speed cam so tat they can turn into brickland rd. but no. Then I thought they will turn right to pie which is definitely quite a distance away but then again no... Ok final turn thinking they are turning right at Singtel junction....wah some do and some go all the way to the Chinese garden junction and worst some go all the way to the AYE!!! Think that's too much esp some busses.

2) from NTU entering pie. As pie is about to split to kje, there will b 2 lanes to kje and 2 lanes to pie (if I rem correctly). They will stay on the 2nd or 3rd lane of pie and go to the extreme right lane during splitting towards kje and still cont to stick to the right lane even after entering kje (note they are slow) even after passing the overhead bridge and when 2 lanes become 4 lanes kje then they try to move to the 2nd lane of kje or cont to move further. Note they have lots of chance to move out not that they can't.

(edited)

By right G plate to W plate are not allow on lane 1. TP will ask them to go to lane 3. But at times, traffic jam due to accident or what, they can go onto lane 1 provided they don't slow down the traffic too much. No right or wrong.

Edited by Passion

This is nothing new lah. If TS start thread just to say this can only means he just started driving. Sgp roads are so congested with every lane filled with cars, terms like "overtaking lane" becomes pointless. I'm fine so long as vehicles regardless whether commercial or not keep up with the flow of the traffic. TS can rant all he wants unless he volunteer become TP but also no point volunteer work is after normal working hours, most ppl go home and sleep or rest.

Do a search lah TS. You will see a lot of ppl in the past already ranting up down left right. Has the situation changed?

Best is to cycle. Ppl give you plenty of space and siam you. At least 1.5m. LOL...

↡ Advertisement