Citi Dividend Petrol Cashback -- no $50, no 5% ?

Timex1441

post-74845-1341419267_thumb.jpg

Just realised the other day tat if i buy <$50 of petrol on my citi dividend card, i only get 0.5% cashback and not the 5% as i expected.

Anybody can verify this? (see the attached citibank chart's fine print at the bottom)

↡ Advertisement

Just realised the other day tat if i buy <$50 of petrol on my citi dividend card, i only get 0.5% cashback and not the 5% as i expected.

Anybody can verify this? (see the attached citibank chart's fine print at the bottom)

think there is another thread for this liao

in response to your question, wouldn't it be much more logical to call Citibank n ask?

think there is another thread for this liao

in response to your question, wouldn't it be much more logical to call Citibank n ask?

i did call them....the customer svc with a super strong foreign accent told me someone will call me back within 2 days to explain about the credit card....i NEVER received any phone call...tulan [:(]

there's another thread on this, maybe you would like to refer to that thread

thanks, i din know there was already a thread on this topic.

i did call them....the customer svc with a super strong foreign accent told me someone will call me back within 2 days to explain about the credit card....i NEVER received any phone call...tulan [:(]

What I understand is you charged your card for less than 50$ and you got only 0.5% discount (and not 5%) right? Have you tried to charge more than 50$ and found the d/c was 5%?

If yes, then they have implemented the rule of 50$!

Anyway, the other thread was quite active last few days, you join there!

Supercharged

This Dividend card is no longer the same as last time. They changed the rules

my suggestion is to cancel this card and got cards like DBS Esso which gives u straight discount. no need to calculate here and there. save your brain cells for more impt things.

What I understand is you charged your card for less than 50$ and you got only 0.5% discount (and not 5%) right? Have you tried to charge more than 50$ and found the d/c was 5%?

If yes, then they have implemented the rule of 50$!

Anyway, the other thread was quite active last few days, you join there!

haven't tried yet....i need to let my fuel run til 1/8 tank perhaps to charge a net of $50 at the kiosk....and tat's not good for the fuel pump, i heard....(better to pump at about 1/2 tank, according to those "experts")

my suggestion is to cancel this card and got cards like DBS Esso which gives u straight discount. no need to calculate here and there. save your brain cells for more impt things.

agree....anyway the amount saved is also not tat big....

haven't tried yet....i need to let my fuel run til 1/8 tank perhaps to charge a net of $50 at the kiosk....and tat's not good for the fuel pump, i heard....(better to pump at about 1/2 tank, according to those "experts")

Oops, experts used to say 1/4 tank, now increased liao...

Wow... How come your tank so small? what car is that?

Wow... How come your tank so small? what car is that?

mazda2....fuel tank is abt 43L but there's a reserve of abt 8L....so at current petrol 95 prices, i estimated tat i need to pump 30+ L to enjoy the 5% cashback....

Is the rule executed already? Thought I read somewhere saying it will start from August or something?

i think already started....their website never mentioned anything abt August leh....

Totally agree...discount on the spot makes more sense....

this kind of cash back thing makes one lose hair easily... hahaha

dont be silly. even when warning light up, ur fuel will still be enough to cover e pump.

pump @ 1/4

↡ Advertisement