120Hz monitor <$200

Mllcg

(edited)

Any particular models?

i know for 60Hz Monitors around 21 inch got many.

how about 120Hz?

any brands around 21-22 inch?

Edited by Mllcg
↡ Advertisement

Any particular models?

i know for 60Hz Monitors around 21 inch got many.

how about 120Hz?

any brands around 21-22 inch?

if you got money to burn, get an eizo.

just realised your budget is < 200. Neigh impossible with eizo monitors.

any particular brands to look out for with that budget?

first time hopping on to 120Hz

For 120Hz not many choices... It's either Samsung OR 1 model only in Acer.... and it's not cheap.... at least 400.... At 200? Wait for someone to sell at 2nd hand lor...

For 120Hz not many choices... It's either Samsung OR 1 model only in Acer.... and it's not cheap.... at least 400.... At 200? Wait for someone to sell at 2nd hand lor...

yalor, i feel the same. i say save the money with that budget. honestly you wanna go 120Hz cos your graphic card got the powaaah to crank out >60fps and you somehow disable vsync. chances are you would want the following features.

at least 21", widescreen, resolution of at least 1920*1080, hdmi or dvi connectors, ips panel. without looking at refresh rate, these will already cost you at least 400.

having 120hz without any of those specs is going to be pointless.

(edited)

First of all, are you looking for a TV or a computer monitor? I dont think computer monitors are marketed by their refresh rates, are they?

Second of all, are you sure 120Hz makes a difference?

A glance at Fuwell's pricelist shows quite a few models just over $200 and are IPS based... I like IPS for the image quality and wide viewing angles, but it is probably the slowest refreshing LCD technology and would suck for fast moving images.

So, third question is, what is for? Playing FPS shooters? If not, does 120Hz matter?

Edited by Jim

(edited)

yalor, i feel the same. i say save the money with that budget. honestly you wanna go 120Hz cos your graphic card got the powaaah to crank out >60fps and you somehow disable vsync. chances are you would want the following features.

at least 21", widescreen, resolution of at least 1920*1080, hdmi or dvi connectors, ips panel. without looking at refresh rate, these will already cost you at least 400.

having 120hz without any of those specs is going to be pointless.

im on GTX 580 SLI.

so yeah. about time to

i do know 60Hz with those specs can be gotten for sub 200. Brand doesnt matter to me.

but i do not know about 120Hz. like i said. first timer

Edited by Mllcg

First of all, are you looking for a TV or a computer monitor? I dont think computer monitors are marketed by their refresh rates, are they?

A glance at Fuwell's pricelist shows quite a few models just over $200 and are IPS based... I like IPS for the image quality and wide viewing angles, but it is probably the slowest refreshing LCD technology and would suck for fast moving images.

So, third question is, what is for? Playing FPS shooters? If not, does 120Hz matter?

120Hz=120FPS MAX in games

60Hz=60FPS

:blink:

(edited)

There is certified 120Hz monitors.... They are certified to be used with NVidia's 3DVision active shutter glass to watch 3D videos. It's the only 3D implementation currently available on PC platform.

IT's an expensive setup. Need high end display card, 120 Hz monitor and the NVidia glass.

In addition, you will need a more expensive dual link DVI cable.

Edited by Tjkbeluga

Another thing to take note is that low refresh rate of 60 for LCD is different compare to old CRT. For CRT, at 60 hz, you will see flickering, which is bad for your eyes. In LCD case, the dot stays there in between refresh. So, even if the refresh is only 1 hz, you will not see flickering. Advantage if high refresh rate now that you can just simply able to pump out video at faster rate to make animation more fluid....

Another thing to take note is that low refresh rate of 60 for LCD is different compare to old CRT. For CRT, at 60 hz, you will see flickering, which is bad for your eyes. In LCD case, the dot stays there in between refresh. So, even if the refresh is only 1 hz, you will not see flickering. Advantage if high refresh rate now that you can just simply able to pump out video at faster rate to make animation more fluid....

thats why im looking for a 120Hz now.

since my GFX can pump out quite high fps..

Then be prepared to pay for the price lor....

whats the cheapest in the market for 21-22 inch?

↡ Advertisement