Countdown timers for motorists

inlinesix

(edited)

...i am also class 2B rider got class 2 also, but the wires on the ground sensors don't work on traffic junctions on small/ big bikes, also no box or lines, imagine so much money to be poured in just to detect..riders.then malaysian riders also very anyhow...

Edited by Arixlim

Turbocharged

countdown timer already in-use before at bugis jucntion area.

i think not feasible. thats why they took it down.

if left 2-3 seconds, many driver will also chiong thru. Just like Amber.

(edited)

countdown timer already in-use before at bugis jucntion area.

i think not feasible. thats why they took it down.

if left 2-3 seconds, many driver will also chiong thru. Just like Amber.

Does it mean that we have more chiongster than Malaysia and Bangkok?

Edited by Davidtch

Never work.

Don't add more information.

Cause confusing n brain freeze from informational overload!

Does it mean that we are less competent driver than Malaysian or Thai?

The feedback is based on writer observation in Malaysia & Bangkok.

Twincharged

IMO then more people will try to beat the red light. They see 2 or 3 seconds left some will probably floor their accelerator to get through knowing still got a few seconds.

Yes, LTA or TP got say before, people will chiong knowing the window of time they have.

Also, if no timer, the only way to stop in time is to keep within the speed limit.

Hypersonic

I thought countdown timers are commonly and widely used for decades in other countries?! How come now then they suggested implemented such feature here? -_-

For other countries it's ok to use such timers, for sgp gundo drivers you will see more accidents at these junctions. Their judgement very poor, ai mai ai mai dan suddenly jam brake. No, not a good idea.

For other countries it's ok to use such timers, for sgp gundo drivers you will see more accidents at these junctions. Their judgement very poor, ai mai ai mai dan suddenly jam brake. No, not a good idea.

That's for pointing this out.

Looks like most ppl forget what was thaught in Basic Theory.

Yes, LTA or TP got say before, people will chiong knowing the window of time they have.

Also, if no timer, the only way to stop in time is to keep within the speed limit.

Does it mean padestrian don't chiong traffic light?

LTA or TP got logic boh.

Hypersonic

So our traffics junction here nothing wrong, it is our drivers who have serious problems. [rolleyes]

LTA or TP got logic boh.

Pedestrian got shorter braking distance what. [laugh] Somemore later see no car still can jaywalk.

As a driver, I'll consider chionging knowing that if I stop, it'll cost me precious time, fuel and brake pads.

Pedestrian got shorter braking distance what. [laugh] Somemore later see no car still can jaywalk.

As a driver, I'll consider chionging knowing that if I stop, it'll cost me precious time, fuel and brake pads.

No wonder we need speed camera rather than countdown clock. Only with Pay and Pay, ppl will understand what is the meaning of stop on red.

Mustank, i sappork u!!

Neutral Newbie

LTA or TP got logic boh.

but pedestrians won't kill you.

on the other hand, your 90km/hr ferrari is much deadlier.

that's why.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

i agree that countdown timers will be useless and in fact more dangerous.

just because other countries use it doesn't mean we have to.

plus it is not exactly a popular feature in most first-world countries.

certainly people will attempt to chiong the lights. it is very tempting i tell you. you walk green man 3 second left you also want to chiong. what more a motorised vehicle?

and as a point of interest,

i remember several years back some one proposed in ST forum to model with some country again (forgot which one).

they have an extra stop line before the junction.

if you cross this line when amber, means you can possibly make it in time through before red light. (based on speed limit for that road)

if you are still behind this line when amber, then you have to stop cos chances are you will end up beating red light.

obviously this plan was canned cos it didn't make sense.

NO NEED ALL THESE EXTRA FEATURES IF ALL OF US DRIVERS REMEMBER (AND ACTUALLY DO) WHAT WE HAVE LEARNT DURING OUR L PLATE TIME:

SLOW DOWN BEFORE A JUNCTION, WHETHER IT'S GREEN OR AMBER OR RED!

cos you never know what will happen.

E.g. even if green some gangster from the opposite direction might just decide to chiong a right turn.

drive safe peeps! and save our tax money from all these extra extra features. [laugh]

Edited by Jeroming

i think speed camera will be more useful.

if they need to put timer, they sld put red light cam so ppl wont try to rush at the timing.

↡ Advertisement