Jobless 39-year-old NTU Engineer, nw pt librarian $4/hr

Relacklabrudder

Turbocharged
(edited)

how to contact this Louis?

I can ask my friend who is in IT to consider hire him.

Edited by Icedbs

This is an unbelievable story.

I cannot believe it.

Even if he work as a taxi driver, can earn much more.

He has simply given up on life and job, that might explain why he can even accept $4/hr job. To spite himself and self-blaming.

He claimed he always in failure analysis in Various companies. I wonder is he a job hopper,or is there a personnel attitude problem that he has.

The pun is he failed to analyse his own failure in jobs security and did not self inspect his own skills and capabilities.

seriously i don't know whether to believe or not to believe...everyday on the road..there's more and more BMW and Mercs!!! People are rushing to buy condo!!!

Engineering Sector so jiak lak ah?

Serious or not?

my friends some not even from NTU or NUS also hoping jobs like mad.. in IT and Engineering also..

(edited)

Trust what we see on the road and shopping centers.

That's is the real Singapore, 1-6 millionaire household.

Supermarket queues are LOOOOOng. With the trolleys full.

BMW,Mercs top car sales.

EC n condos per sq feet over $1200psf or more are common.

Taxi drivers chose passengers, no urge to maximize profit.

GSS lots of luxury goods, MiuMiu and Gucci on Every girls arms.

Even the Watches thread in MCF very popular, Rolex, Bells, u-boat,Panarai, etc...like buying Casio watch.

This is the truth.

The $4/hr grad story is unlikely to be true. Even so, he himself must have given up on life and is in self denial and self reprimanding mood.

self deprecating is the right word to use on this guy.

Edited by SimonTan

(edited)

since i worked PT in Pizza hut as waiter when i am sec 2..also not $4 a month leh....only Mc can fight this $4 15 years ago..quite impossible la

Edited by Freestylers09

(edited)

Either you have serious attitude problem which prevent employers from hiring you or you are simply bloody lazy to look for a proper job and hope that one day your phone will ring and some a-----e will hire you for 5k per month for doing nothing.

Please even while holding a lowly NTC-2 in precision machining during my apprentice days, i manage to hook a part time tool and die machinist job for $9/hr in 1999.

I did part time door to door PC repairing during my poly days, lugging 20- 30kg PCs while taking the bus and MRT, servicing customers from Jurong to Pasir Ris and managed to put myself through my 3yrs of poly education with zero support from my parents, earning 1.5- 1.8k per month in 02 through 04. I also did double job as a cabling technician as well as a broadband technician on weekends immediately after getting my diploma. I'm now in my mid 30s and is still slogging in the IT sales line though i do not need to worry so much about that month end pay packet unlike my teenager years. Till now i have not had an opportunity to get a degree due to my earlier financial difficulties and now family commitments.

There are a lot of opportunities in Spore if you are willing to work hard and keep on learning. Good education alone will not help you if you are lazy

So telling me that no one will hire you even you have an engineering degree from NTU is pure b-------t, unless you tell me you get retarted after getting your degree. Buck up and be realistic!!!

*edit.

Just managed to hook up via FB with my 20+yrs ago NTC -2 coursemate. Bugger now is now in the funeral industry, earning 5digit pay and drove a nice luxury car. Highest qualification after NTC2 is several professional certs and thats it. Same thing ,he put in long hours at work, with an open mind for new opportunities and that's where he is now.

Edited by RedEmber

This is an unbelievable story.

I cannot believe it.

Even if he work as a taxi driver, can earn much more.

He has simply given up on life and job, that might explain why he can even accept $4/hr job. To spite himself and self-blaming.

He claimed he always in failure analysis in Various companies. I wonder is he a job hopper,or is there a personnel attitude problem that he has.

The pun is he failed to analyse his own failure in jobs security and did not self inspect his own skills and capabilities.

not every 1 has a licence. and looking at him is failure analysis engineer so likely is semicondductor company, likely take company bus in and out

I believe there are such cases around. Maybe the story is a mock story, but definitely this is what is happening in Singapore right now. Despite whatever our goverment says or what most people believe, ENGINEERING IS A DEAD END HERE. The reason is simple. At age 40, an engineer is outdated and expensive. For the same price, we can get two fresh grad from china. Experience in engineering is a liability. Just look at pay scale for engineers in Singapore...The only engineers that can make a decent living are the professors in the NTU/NUS, but even some of the tenured ones are being "retired" as they are getting expensive...

The merc and bmw you see are probably owned by the guys that made the decision to replace the 40 years old engineer with the 2k/month indian national. The 1 in 6 millionaires are the ones that made the decision to employ the guy that is driving the merc or bmw. Hard truth.

$4/hr seems a bit too low, but I have heard of $4/hr part time job. Few years ago, I took up a temp job at $6/hr while waiting for uni. In my team of 7 temp workers all drawing $6/hr, 2 were local grad with working experience but could not find a job. Back then we didn't have so many FT, so it might not be suprising that current rate can go as low as $4/hr.

Turbocharged

smells fishy. i sometimes need to hire general workers. the last guy hired was getting $1200 (he was primary sch educated) .. for a 5day a week job, 9-6pm only. no OT, with medical benefits. i feel for the guy if its true, but i dont think ive heard of any place paying $4 an hour ...

smells fishy. i sometimes need to hire general workers. the last guy hired was getting $1200 (he was primary sch educated) .. for a 5day a week job, 9-6pm only. no OT, with medical benefits. i feel for the guy if its true, but i dont think ive heard of any place paying $4 an hour ...

only place i heard that pays that is mcdonalds.

↡ Advertisement