Bid farewell to your hard earn money.....guess whom to thank

Pufferfish1

question

why cant the rider be paid by medisave?

wont that lessen the worries of most citizen?

For my plan with Prudential, the medical rider PruShield is deducted through MediSave annually.

Additionally, i bought an additional PruShield Extra to take care of the miscellaneous charges when one is admitted to a hospital. But this one cannot be paid through Medisave.

↡ Advertisement

CPF, Medisave minimum sum to be increased

Published on May 30, 2012

CPF members, who turn 55 between July 1 and June 30 next year will have to set aside a minimum sum of $139,000, up from $131,000 last year. -- ST PHOTO: CAROLINE CHIA

CPF members, who turn 55 between July 1 and June 30 next year will have to set aside a minimum sum of $139,000, up from $131,000 last year.

The amount was adjusted over the years to account for inflation, longer life expectancies and Singaporeans' rising expectations of their quality of life post-retirement.

From July 1, the Medisave minimum sum (MMS) will also be raised to $38,500 from $36,000, a 7 per cent increase.

Members will be able to withdraw their Medisave savings in excess of the amount at, or after, the age of 55. The maximum balance a member may have in his Medisave Account, known as the Medisave contribution ceiling (MCC), is set at $5,000 above the minimum sum, which means it would be increased correspondingly to $43,500, from $41,000 previously.

why need to blame someone?

I really pity the new generation have to work till 67 to take out half of their mimimum sum and OA max out by million dollar hdb

Have a long way to go.... [bigcry]

But at least it means I am not oldies [:p]

Can 1 time withdrawal some more !

I want to be PR !!!!

U quit being a Singaporean also can one time withdraw what? Why envy PRs?

For my plan with Prudential, the medical rider PruShield is deducted through MediSave annually.

Additionally, i bought an additional PruShield Extra to take care of the miscellaneous charges when one is admitted to a hospital. But this one cannot be paid through Medisave.

hey thanks

as mine also cover by prudential

need to call up my agent to find out more

(edited)

anyway, i think minimum sum does not affect majority

1. low income earner (400,000 people) ... what min sum?

2. mid-to-high income earner who had booked their $0.5M BTO/DBSS/EC or 1/2 way serciving their existing hdb (cpf OA is almost kosong most of the time)

3. upgrader from hdb to $1M+- private condo

the above 3 groups probably couldn't care less about minimum sum [laugh]

CPF members, who turn 55 between July 1 and June 30 next year will have to set aside a minimum sum of $139,000, up from $131,000 last year.
Edited by Wt_know

Why do we have to accept this s--t

Did anyone come out to explain clearly and transparently the rationale

What is the elected President thoughts and opinion about this

Has the Oppo MPs opposed to this or make it a talking point in parliament ?

CPF, Medisave minimum sum to be increased

Published on May 30, 2012

CPF members, who turn 55 between July 1 and June 30 next year will have to set aside a minimum sum of $139,000, up from $131,000 last year. -- ST PHOTO: CAROLINE CHIA

The amount was adjusted over the years to account for inflation, longer life expectancies and Singaporeans' rising expectations of their quality of life post-retirement.

From July 1, the Medisave minimum sum (MMS) will also be raised to $38,500 from $36,000, a 7 per cent increase.

Members will be able to withdraw their Medisave savings in excess of the amount at, or after, the age of 55. The maximum balance a member may have in his Medisave Account, known as the Medisave contribution ceiling (MCC), is set at $5,000 above the minimum sum, which means it would be increased correspondingly to $43,500, from $41,000 previously.

Another bailout for CPF = Confirmed Proven Failure? [sweatdrop]

Why do we have to accept this s--t

most sinkies voted in the PAP..so the rest have to accept it..its a democratic process and we have to accept it

Has the Oppo MPs opposed to this or make it a talking point in parliament ?

the opposition cannot opposed all these because their number in parliament is too few..the minimum they need is 33%..but 40% would be a safer bet

Let's praise the garment also

If they don't saved for us, you think every working Singaporeans can afford a house?

+1

its because they "saved" for us, thats why HDB prices shoot up...

you must be joking

medisave up for?

i just remembered.

cannot use 100% to pay off major hospital stay

Let's praise the garment also

If they don't saved for us, you think every working Singaporeans can afford a house?

+1

Thats the use of OA...and Medisave is a neccesity but what about SA? DO we need SA afterall?

↡ Advertisement