Bid farewell to your hard earn money.....guess whom to thank

Pufferfish1

then why you let it at 2.5%? Transfer to special account lah.

u cant transfer back u know, so b very careful on this...

anyw w all these million dollar ppty, where got balance to transfer there haha...

↡ Advertisement

u cant transfer back u know, so b very careful on this...

anyw w all these million dollar ppty, where got balance to transfer there haha...

Then you dun haf the 2.5% lah [rolleyes] . How to complain you only have the 4% and 5%

Then you dun haf the 2.5% lah [rolleyes] . How to complain you only have the 4% and 5%

this part is what meaning ah? [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

I really pity the new generation have to work till 67 to take out half of their mimimum sum and OA max out by million dollar hdb

The cost of medical treatment is also going up quite quickly. And most of us do not notice unless we have paid some kind of big hospitalisation bill in recent years. A friend's wife went for 2 surgeries last year. I think total bill was more than 100k. No joke.

What happened to the $8 surgeries available?

I really pity the new generation have to work till 67 to take out half of their mimimum sum and OA max out by million dollar hdb

I am sure majority of singaporeans are happy

Neutral Newbie

I am sure majority of singaporeans are happy

are you sure? I read a certain article saying that singaporean millionaires are the least happy in the world

are you sure? I read a certain article saying that singaporean millionaires are the least happy in the world

with the exception of Hougang, Aljunied... confirm everyone else is happy

To put things in perspective , the minimum sum is also the max voluntary sum for the special account. The max for medisave is not much more than the min.

I am at current max for both. I will top up both to the limit.

Risk free 4% and 5%. Better than private retirement investment.

Can 1 time withdrawal some more !

I want to be PR !!!!

Everytime i see my cpf statement, i feel very rich. [laugh]

Lim (peh jouh kah) swee (swee luah uuh) seh [laugh] [laugh]

15 years to go.

Anyway once at max limit, the monthly medisave component goes to the ordinary account. So ordinary account is 29%, which can be used for housing.

The point is gahmen also limits how much you can put in, not just how little, cause CPF is not that bad.

I beg to differ. Once ur medisave amount is reached, all the contribution thereafter will be automatically be chanelled to ur special account

and it will really snowballed very fast and it will remain there. Not a cent will go to ur ordinary account where it will be very useful for the long run. I have reached

the MA ceiling for a few yrs oredy and my SA is snowballing so fast but my OA seems stagnant. Not sure if there is a ceiling for our SA though! :wacko:

see bei sian. Can i opt out of CPF? I would like to collect my full 100% gross salary.

tmr you go ICA, tear your ic, er shred, and renounce...i video u...then u can collect [laugh][laugh]

indon got 14000 islands, go choose n stay on one of them

15 years to go.

Anyway once at max limit, the monthly medisave component goes to the ordinary account. So ordinary account is 29%, which can be used for housing.

The point is gahmen also limits how much you can put in, not just how little, cause CPF is not that bad.

i think it goes to your SA.. not OA

The cost of medical treatment is also going up quite quickly. And most of us do not notice unless we have paid some kind of big hospitalisation bill in recent years. A friend's wife went for 2 surgeries last year. I think total bill was more than 100k. No joke.

You're right about this.

And it is precisely the reason why life insurance and an additional rider plan for taking care of hospitalisation bills is so important nowadays.

That was the case, right? The excess will be transferred to the Special a/c since a few years back, no?

No more minor loophole.

You're right about this.

And it is precisely the reason why life insurance and an additional rider plan for taking care of hospitalisation bills is so important nowadays.

question

why cant the rider be paid by medisave?

wont that lessen the worries of most citizen?

To put things in perspective , the minimum sum is also the max voluntary sum for the special account. The max for medisave is not much more than the min.

I am at current max for both. I will top up both to the limit.

Risk free 4% and 5%. Better than private retirement investment.

ermm... how do you define "risk free"?? [;)][;)]

↡ Advertisement