Driver making an illegal left turn at the traffic junction

Owen_fan

(edited)

This morning traffic was slow at PIE toward Jurong at the exit to Toa Payoh. Saw this red vios making an illegal left turn at the traffic junction after Kim Keat link. I noticed that some drivers would choose to make an illegal left turn at this junction whenever there was a jam at the slip road leading to Toa Payoh Lor 6. Their move are endanger to other road users, as there are pedestrians crossing the road at that time & they may not expected cars making an left turn.

Edited by Owen_fan
↡ Advertisement

He saw the red shirt girl too swee la

So hand auto turn left

Hahaha

Last min realized wrong way la

Very common

He can't signal

Cos will be too obvious

Hahaha

(edited)

Yes, it is very common, especially when there are jam along the slip road. I travel by that road everyday & know that some driver will do that, pay more attention to the front car whenever there are jam.

Edited by Owen_fan

Yes, it is very common, especially when there are jam along the slip road. I travel by that road everyday & know that some driver will do that, pay more attention to the front car whenever there are jam.

Pls do everyone a favour and report him to TP

This morning traffic was slow at PIE toward Jurong at the exit to Toa Payoh. Saw this red vios making an illegal left turn at the traffic junction after Kim Keat link. I noticed that some drivers would choose to make an illegal left turn at this junction whenever there was a jam at the slip road leading to Toa Payoh Lor 6. Their move are endanger to other road users, as there are pedestrians crossing the road at that time & they may not expected cars making an left turn.

This is not the correct way to make a left turn due to traffic jam at the filter lane... [shakehead]

Can someone also recommend TP to start a youtube channel. this will help them

Left turn filter lanes have zebra crossings where pedestrians will also cross the road and the driver is also expected to look out for them.

There are also some junctions in Singapore where there isn't a dedicated filter lane for left turns and cars need to yield to pedestrians crossing the junction before turning.

When u do a right turn, there is definitely no filter lane and you have to look out for pedestrians(even if the pedestrian crossing light is red) + oncoming cars too

LTA should consider implementing at some very crowded junctions with long left turn queues, to allow the leftmost lane to turn at the junction (like what the vios did).

i.e. the leftmost lane should be a turn left / go straight lane SIMILAR to those turn right / go straight lanes.

Yes please do it as a favour to all of us...

send this to the TP and make sure he kanna jialat...

if he had signal, we can still think he maybe was blur about the roads...

but the way he drove, he certainly intended this...

(edited)

I admit making such similiar illegal left turn into Old woodland road before - T-junction of Mandai Road and Old Woodland Road.

Imagine very slow and heavy traffic on 3 lane, everybody guai gaui Q-ing, and then you have these Q cutters on lane 2 making the traffic worst, yet, extreme right lane was left empty all the way to the T-junction, the jam was est 1km or more, if you were me, will you choose to q for 20mins to reach the t-junction or 2 mins. Sorry about that, I used to queue in lane 3, but after all these years, I really think it is not necessary.

Reported to LTA and TP to improve the lanes for years but nothing done so far. So, let be it, therefore, whenever there is a traffic congestion along this road, I will make the illegal turn and will notice some cars followed behind me.

Edited by Kia0042

got video got talk .. can see the plate clearly

Mai tu liao... send to LTA/TP [:p]

↡ Advertisement