• posb everyday
    • platinum
  2. 2. citibank

• rewards
    • clear plat
  3. 3. uob

• world preferred

(edited)

which cards offers the best cash rebates? with no conversion fees/admin fees...

Edited by Trusty
↡ Advertisement

I hate to consolidate points unless for kris flyer.

&

Exchange rate is not determine by bank.

It is masters or visa or diners or Amex that determines the fx rate.

I hate to consolidate points unless for kris flyer.

&

Exchange rate is not determine by bank.

It is masters or visa or diners or Amex that determines the fx rate.

Yes but admin charge is determined by bank. Maybank & CIMB is 2.5% which is the lowest.

The rest is all about 3.5%.

Yes but admin charge is determined by bank. Maybank & CIMB is 2.5% which is the lowest.

dbs, uob, citibank when added together with the admin/conversion fee is approx 2.5%. ocbc conversion, not sure about admin - 1.8%

so there is really no cards with 0%?

So far Maybank seems to be hitting all the notes right. My preferred card for malaysia and local purchase. Good job!

(edited)

I used Maybank Horizon for 5x points in Europe. It is widely accepted by all the shops I went to, regardless of store size/brand.

But note that the transaction must be in foreign currency. Some stores have option to charge the transaction in SGD, but this will not earn you 5x points.

You can also receive SMS alerts from Maybank once there is a transaction charged to the card so no fear of unauthorised transactions.

Just to add, Maybank also has low conversion rate of tr'eats points Krisflyer miles at $10.

Edited by Sg2303

Supersonic

which cards offers the best cash rebates? with no conversion fees/admin fees...

all cards will kena admin fee. but certain banks allow u to use overseas atm to withdraw cash without any admin charge.

so in this case, is citibank rewards or clear plat better choice for cash rebates?

I used Maybank Horizon for 5x points in Europe. It is widely accepted by all the shops I went to, regardless of store size/brand.

But note that the transaction must be in foreign currency. Some stores have option to charge the transaction in SGD, but this will not earn you 5x points.

You can also receive SMS alerts from Maybank once there is a transaction charged to the card so no fear of unauthorised transactions.

Just to add, Maybank also has low conversion rate of tr'eats points Krisflyer miles at $10.

unless there is really no other options available, then probably opt for the points reward. now my priority is to use the card offering best cash rebates cause, imo points is kinda pointless with the high/unrealistic redemption requirement

Supersonic

so in this case, is citibank rewards or clear plat better choice for cash rebates?

little or no diff coz cash rebates are marginal. my preference is cash or atm. u shld check wif ur bank on what ur acct allows u to do.

little or no diff coz cash rebates are marginal. my preference is cash or atm. u shld check wif ur bank on what ur acct allows u to do.

which banks should i be looking at? cause i understand the fees for atm is quite high too and there is a limite for each withdrawal.

For oversea spending, i suggest you use maybank / citibank/amex

They have better card protection, if i am not wrong, there is a limited liablities in the event of fraud.

So if your card is tap during the trip and used later , i.e. after your travel insurance expired, you do not have to pay for misuse.

OCBC, DBS and UOB, you need to pay regardless the outcome. the liablities is on the owner of the card. Unless you going to replace the card after the trip. Maybank/citibank/amex is the safest.

For oversea spending, i suggest you use maybank / citibank/amex

They have better card protection, if i am not wrong, there is a limited liablities in the event of fraud.

So if your card is tap during the trip and used later , i.e. after your travel insurance expired, you do not have to pay for misuse.

OCBC, DBS and UOB, you need to pay regardless the outcome. the liablities is on the owner of the card. Unless you going to replace the card after the trip. Maybank/citibank/amex is the safest.

point noted. especially true for ocbc

wil i b flamed if i say use cash? hehe...but seriously tis is wat i always do. prepare cash for all known expenses, cc only for the unexpected like wife keep holding on to that chanel and refusing to leave the shop. ^_^

wil i b flamed if i say use cash? hehe...but seriously tis is wat i always do. prepare cash for all known expenses, cc only for the unexpected like wife keep holding on to that chanel and refusing to leave the shop. ^_^

i am too preparing this for the last resort :D

Supersonic

which banks should i be looking at? cause i understand the fees for atm is quite high too and there is a limite for each withdrawal.

diff banks got diff incentives. but i heard some priority banking accts offer waiver of fees for overseas atm withdrawals.

diff banks got diff incentives. but i heard some priority banking accts offer waiver of fees for overseas atm withdrawals.

u mean those with privilege accounts?