Where to buy

Gnahp

Turbocharged

I have this (junk), given to me by a friend.

Hydraulic-Floor-Jack-JQW-4-JQW-4S-.jpg

I am looking for a good quality jack to lift a medium size saloon car.

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Homely at Ubi. Prepare to pay $300.

Forget it,only made in China......anyway now Masada jacks also made in China,only they have better Q.C.,try Lee Han Siong at 17. Jln Lembah Kallang,they are the biggest importer of Jacks....Find Ah Kai the grandson of the boss,he is a car crazy,driving an BMW Z4.

1st Gear
(edited)

I also gave away one of this type of jack,.

Not so suitable to lift large or heavy car.

Dont try to lift pick up with it.

A quality workshop floor jack, 3ton type, cost around $$300-400.

The MIC type is prone to oil seal leak

Check with bro yeobh, he may have something to recommend

Edited by 5936

Turbocharged

Forget it,only made in China......anyway now Masada jacks also made in China,only they have better Q.C.,try Lee Han Siong at 17. Jln Lembah Kallang,they are the biggest importer of Jacks....Find Ah Kai the grandson of the boss,he is a car crazy,driving an BMW Z4.

I just google-maps it. It is opposite to Ming Ghee where I usually bought my car parts and I always park my car at the lots in front of Lee Han Siong where their fork lifts buzzing around [laugh]

(edited)

Professional Yasui Jack - the #1 garage jack maker in Japan. Very popular during the 70 and 80's. Now I am not sure. The other brand is AC from Demark.

post-272-1335963200_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh

Turbocharged

Thanks for replying Yeobh, the AC Hydraulic looks promising. Any chance they have a dealer in Singapore?

I found one in google but would like to hear from veteran like youself.

dk20up.jpg

Most of the Spore auto equipment importer/distributors don't keep much stock due to low prices and heavy gross weigh of each jack. So much so the agency change hand very fast.

Currently I am out of touch with this market and therefore not able to adv you. Very sorry.

You can try to contact the companies below, they are leaders in local auto equipment market

Far East Motor

Newera Equipment Pte Ltd

Autoland Pte Ltd

I have 2 of these jacks that TS mentioned as junk. It worked as good. I got them from Makro Johor in the past around M$70. I even help some friends to buy them and all were very happy using them for years. Reliable and can lift any car including BMW 5 series for tyre change. Why say it is a junk?

If it is the height that the jack can lift is not enough then it is another story. This is a mini jack, so the height is not as high as the professional tyre shop unit but then think again, if tyre shop kind of size, how to keep it at home? How to carry it around with ease?

Turbocharged

It is just my personal opinion, I am glad you are happy with yours [:)]

Fattychubby: yes, DIY jobs.