What is the diff between premio & allion?

Dscheng

You need learn to control your auto gear and CVT.

For CVT you just step harder to around 3k rpm during pick up and it will stay there, release your foot slightly when reach cruising speed.

Yep, learn to control the right foot, for those that are really interested in getting better FC, can try installing scangauge II, lots of useful info to guide u to your best FC.

↡ Advertisement

Mine is a CVT.

Auto car can be driven like a manual, everytime you rev to a certain RPM let say 2200, release the accelerator and step back again, it will actually change up gear, provided your speed is up as well.

Actually CVT VS Auto have been discuss and argue till death. I find my CVT very responsive as compare to my previous auto especially at range of 30 kph to 80 kph. Will try higher speed this weekend.

As compare to my previous auto, I can actually change lane or overtake much easier, maybe this car has more torque due to the motor assist when I step hard.

I think you might have got me wrong, I didn't mean higher rev to sweet spot, I mean rev is high so that you can achieve a sweet spot speed which by then your RPM will already be low.

1 of the reason for high FC on luxury car is their air conditioning, the other is the weight. The new Camry will give the same FC in urban or jam as well. In fact even VW 7spd DSG also the same.

Haha I must be drunk!!

CVTof cos is auto

haha will experiment

I beg to differ CVT is very slower.

You need learn to control your auto gear and CVT.

For CVT you just step harder to around 3k rpm during pick up and it will stay there, release your foot slightly when reach cruising speed.

I will try and see if I have find the G spot I mean sweet spot

Neutral Newbie

anyone knows where to fix strut bar for toyota premio/allion?

Can buy in Malaysia Johor like TRC, TT Motorsport etc cheaper. Allion/Premio is using same Strut bar as Altis G9.5. So can try in Altis forum if anyone selling. :D

digging up old thread...

just got a allion 08. was actually having problems with the relatively slow pick up until I read this thread. so for CVT we need to step harder during pick up to save fuel? all along I thought the lighter my foot, the more fuel saving. but there anothrr problem, the ligjter my foot, on 2nd gear upon movlng off, rpm dropped to 1k super slow. even the car behind me thought I move off slow on purpose.

now on the speedometer, my fuel is 13.5km/lit, tried to connect the scan guage 2 but kept showing connecting, nothing display. how..

digging up old thread...

just got a allion 08. was actually having problems with the relatively slow pick up until I read this thread. so for CVT we need to step harder during pick up to save fuel? all along I thought the lighter my foot, the more fuel saving. but there anothrr problem, the ligjter my foot, on 2nd gear upon movlng off, rpm dropped to 1k super slow. even the car behind me thought I move off slow on purpose.

now on the speedometer, my fuel is 13.5km/lit, tried to connect the scan guage 2 but kept showing connecting, nothing display. how..

Keep your tomorrow around 3-3.5k during pick up.

ok. will try out tomorrow. I went light foot on full passenger, the response... totally cmi. hahah!

The slow response is not due to CVT. Is due the E-Throttle, the response for Allion E-Throttle is very slow. So you will have to step harder.

The slow response is not due to CVT. Is due the E-Throttle, the response for Allion E-Throttle is very slow. So you will have to step harder.

ok. but contradicting ah, step harder still can achieve good fuel consumption.

ok. but contradicting ah, step harder still can achieve good fuel consumption.

I previously own a Allion for about 3yr. I am getting FC of 14-15km/l with 50/50 highway, city traffic. I am medium to heavy foot.

Important is to accelerate fast, if you are too light it always stay at lower gear, and never reach cruising speed. Good FC only obtained when you are cruising.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Hello guys.. just bought a second hand Premio. I find the Wheel Fender Gap is very wide and the car looks very tall.

I am on Rim/tyres to 205/55/16. Is this profile too big?