Luxury cars nudging cheaper cars off road

Darthrevan

0-100 in 6s not too bad for a 2L NA car leh!

Faster than stock EG or EK what?

And got 100BHP/L like the Hondas too!

All from NA hor.

Sorry lah sis (right?), it ain't 6s, more like 7.3s. http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/23/2013-su...4-mile-in-15-3/

I know it handles, but a sportscar should also have *go*.

And this N/A vs FI debate doesn't wash with me. If you have a way to make more power reliably, why not? It's not like modern FIs even have noticeable lag.

↡ Advertisement

I wonder what happen to those ppl who said Honda cars are "overpriced" when COE was at 10-20k levels? I really wonder what they will say now?

100% agree

expressway lane1 always hog by those cmi econ box the likes of jap/kor b-------t cars, out of breath so easily & so scared of wet rain yet still hold up entire road

we dont pay such ex insur & car money to assoc with these peasants' ride

Bro, I disagree leh.. From my observation, lately Lane-1 is always hogged by those b & b conti car like baby Merc, Mini and BMW.

Neutral Newbie

Bro, I disagree leh.. From my observation, lately Lane-1 is always hogged by those b & b conti car like baby Merc, Mini and BMW.

how abt lane 1 only for >3L cars huh~? [:p]

I may cycle more often instead (train breaks down regularly)

i am going to take my foldable bike to take mrt, then ride it when i get off at the station.... if train stops earleir in the tunnel, wonder my bike can use the empty track? :o

For that kinda money, or thereabouts, can get the BMW 120i Coupe, or the Audi A4 1.8 TFSI!

Both also Cat B.

Yah, handling-wise, the BRZ may gave an edge, lowered c.g., boxer engine and all.

But not for $190,000 lah. Nuts!

sometimes, if he counts every dollars, very susah.... if the guy likes it, overpay a few k's is ok.... (when he can afford it, not me though)

say, if he so-called 'overpays' 12k, spreading it over say 4 yrs of ownership, its 3k per year, in return he feels satisfied enjoying the car everyday, he may think its ok [:)]

Or better, buy 1.8l Altis at current price. [laugh]

Just checked today, 157k for the Altis 1.8l. I think even the SE will either laugh secretly at one corner, or stretch his/her head after he handed the key to the new owner.

157k!!! ..... much much higher than what you paid for your ex-ride (e9)? .... definitely much2 higher than mine!! :o

Sure, those people can all read brochures. And you're just quoting multiple websites that cite the same brochure. [rolleyes].

Did any of those people actually test the car? My reference had pros testing the car in stock form at 7.3s. Whom should I believe? The manufacturer PR hype or an actual track test? Japanese manufacturers have been known to inflate claims, you know.

Anyway, even 6 dead is still not that fast, sorry.

Edited by Turboflat4

Sure, those people can all read brochures. And you're just quoting multiple websites that cite the same brochure. [rolleyes].

Did any of those people actually test the car? My reference had pros testing the car in stock form at 7.3s. Whom should I believe? The manufacturer PR hype or an actual track test? Japanese manufacturers have been known to inflate claims, you know.

I think 6+ sec is pretty quick, but not sports car standard these days. Even hot hatch & decent German marque (not talking about the sport models) can outrun it easily in normal driving condition (accelerate from stop, overtaking etc), worst, many of these are selling close to the price of the BRZ, or even cheaper, more practical, with better comfort & interior trim as well.

Being a NA car, its also not easy to tune, unless illegal. Nowadays, most conti cars is FI, just chip, & can easily gain 20-40% more power.

It will make sense if you like the fun factor for track use, or in other markets where the car is more reasonable price & people used it more for track use, or weekend trips.

Edited by Kiadaw

157k!!! ..... much much higher than what you paid for your ex-ride (e9)? .... definitely much2 higher than mine!! :o

Yap, much higher. LOL I think when COE was at its lowest, think 2009, you can get a e10 at close to 100k for the manual version. SST is about 110k. Those bros that get at this price huat leh.

i am going to take my foldable bike to take mrt, then ride it when i get off at the station.... if train stops earleir in the tunnel, wonder my bike can use the empty track? :o

Can try the ex-KTM railway track first?

All thanks to the 60.1%.............

Purpose of COE is to simply allow rich people to have a clear road to enjoy.....

Anything wrong with that?? [sleeping]

Can't ppl ever learn that cars are NOT a need in SGP??

Therefore it is fair that people are discouraged from driving unless they can really afford it.. [:p]

At least we need not go down to showroom to admire the luxury brands. It's more pleasant to the eyes with road flooded with luxury cars than geely or proton right .. Lol

Agreed. As a matter of fact the jams on roads are usually caused by a broken down conti car

I think 6+ sec is pretty quick, but not sports car standard these days. Even hot hatch & decent German marque (not talking about the sport models) can outrun it easily in normal driving condition (accelerate from stop, overtaking etc), worst, many of these are selling close to the price of the BRZ, or even cheaper, more practical, with better comfort & interior trim as well.

Being a NA car, its also not easy to tune, unless illegal. Nowadays, most conti cars is FI, just chip, & can easily gain 20-40% more power.

It will make sense if you like the fun factor for track use, or in other markets where the car is more reasonable price & people used it more for track use, or weekend trips.

Agreed.

Neutral Newbie

Don't yaya lar. 2 litre stock form 6 secs still not that fast?? Your car what? Bugatti Veyron ah? 2.8 secs. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement