I'm shocked!! Singapore...really?? Wow juz wow!!

Dinosaka

Just had big gathering with family and relatives last night.

Surprise to find all old uncles and aunties very strong support to ruling party.

The notion is they brought SG from third world to first.

They are all well to do and retired.

I total agree that our old guards are the best politicians in the universe, incorruptible men of integrity.

I will give my support and allegiance to such men.

Queston is are they replicated in the current team?

So sorry, you got hard time to explain to them the hard truth: the current ruling party is doing the reverse (bring us back to 3rd world soon [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

But are we being developed too fast for our own good? 1st World Infra-structures and buildings can be built easily, but correspondingly, 1st World Values (civic-mindedness, grace, honesty, diligence, family etc..) and CULTURE must also be raised hand-in-hand too...then it is a country, and not a company...we are people, citizens... NOT Employees nor hamsters in a wheel...

I believe otherwise. Example: scholars are the ones qualified for appointments where they can be involved, not others. If they can not manage whatever appintmtnet they hold, corruption comes to their mind.

I had worked with engineers who burrowed money from contractors. My boss closed one eye due to our red tape here. Replacement will be the same. [shakehead]

My big family gatherings with all old folks commented NOKIA is the best, but my daughter and her cousins said Sony Errison No Horse Runs [:p]

Don't believe Tiger is so easily "Brain Wash" :wacko:

Never buy nokia from my experience: almost every month breakdown. Bought replacement brand before 1 year warranty expired. Nokia will be closing down soon for using customers as its product outgoing QC.

Hey. Our Ministries are all WORLD CLASS ok.

Dun pray pray.

If not they would not even discover or acknowledge these lapses ok.

:D

world class no doubt ... only world class what?....

William Hung was a world class too....

So is Bozo the clown ....

yeah.... those red tapes and processes..some of them are quite crappy... e.g. you can only use companies that are in the LIST, and normally these companies' prices are higher and quality may not be as good too... whereas you can find other people to do it cheaper and better, but unable to do so.... thus as time goes by, people will just heck care and use those companies in the LIST lor... want to help save money and yet have better things also cannot... and the best of all is the PEOPLE on top will then say say "wahhh, how come budget so much? Can reduce or not?" .... so it is like "want good, want fresh, and still want cheap"... how to follow those red tapes and processes....hahaha...

I like the way you put it: the hard truth

Yes one of the points I argue SG grew to fast.

Example is the USA spend fortunes to lay copper cable to connect the states for a century. Korea connect wirelessly their country using wireless base stations.

Grow fast is greed feeding itself.

the first shall be last and the last shall be first.

I believe otherwise. Recruitment and promotions still based on academic examination similar to the Imperial Examination that repeatedly failed ancient China.

i suddenly have a thought... In our present situation, are we now like a little company expanding too fast (bubbling) for its own good, and unable to keep up due to various reasons (poor investments, external global economics etc), and resulting in instead of continuing to expand, but have to re-evaluate and go back a few steps?... And of course, are we STRONG, BRAVE, RESOLUTE and UNITED enough to go back that few steps? I dont know whether in the event of "company down-sizing or re-structuring", will those "Chairman and Managing Directors" bring us through the difficult times, or just leave the company with huge ludicrous compensation pay packages?... hahaha...

More like many bubbles waiting to burst

我又多了一位高级华文老师,谢谢您的指教。 [nod] 我的软件。。他妈的。。就是没有这个字囖 ! :angry:

It is always a tussle between centrally doing something, which leads to plentiful red tape and decision making in the hands of people who do not know what your company/business is all about, versus decentralised processes that improves reaction time, but having more possible points of failure in governance.

So the direction to centralised or decentralised really depends on where the pain points are being felt at the time. In the past, the grouse was that nothing seems to move. Why would the CSO bother about fast tracking any procurement since they are not the ones facing the music? So they'll take their own sweet time, continue to have their coffee breaks and 9 to 5, and essentially stick strictly to establish procedural timelines to cover their ass.

So decentralised procurement processes to add speed to market, now the pain is that multiple points of failure have led to people having doubts about the "cleanliness" of the civil service. So back to suggesting centralised procurement again.

This same cycle of arguments happen in both public and private enterprises. Just that public enterprises are subjected to more scrutiny because of tax-payer money, and they dun really have a profit-loss margin to justify the expanded risk of decentralised procurement.

I dun think its an educational level issue (read: scholar vs non-scholar). I mean how many scholars can there be? If we look at age cohort of around 40,000 'A' level/poly students graduating yearly, what percentage end up as scholars? Probably less than 0.5%. Walk into any gahment or even private company procurement departments and you'll probably see it mostly filled with aunties and a smattering of young grads. Let's face it, the glamour of any industry is not in its procurement department, and that's the least likely place that they'll be putting their scholars. Having a central procurement agency may allow them to put a handful of scholars in to see if governance can be tightened better. I just hope it don't end up in a situation where it takes donkey years to get anything approved.

During my younger days in a statutory board, one of my supervisor took a cab to the shop to make some purchases. After that he claimed petty cash for the purchases and the cab fare with the respective receipts. Somehow it was later delegated to me to make purchases. The purchases were delivered with D/O and invoices. No cab fare was claimed. The goods were bought with more than 20% discount. I was not trained in purchasing/procurement, just being observant helps.

The performance difference between qualified and not qualified employees [lipsrsealed]

我又多了一位高级华文老师,谢谢您的指教。 [nod] 我的软件。。他妈的。。就是没有这个字囖 ! :angry:

hahaha...i use QQ version of chinese writing software...change or upgrade lor...hehehe...like 他妈的not so nice, 他奶奶的sounds better?..hahaha...

hahaha...i use QQ version of chinese writing software...change or upgrade lor...hehehe...like 他妈的not so nice, 他奶奶的sounds better?..hahaha...

妈妈比奶奶近些,他妈的听的到,他奶奶以经上了天堂,离地球太远了,可能听不到啦 ! [:p]

祝您过个开心的周末。 [cool]

During my younger days in a statutory board, one of my supervisor took a cab to the shop to make some purchases. After that he claimed petty cash for the purchases and the cab fare with the respective receipts. Somehow it was later delegated to me to make purchases. The purchases were delivered with D/O and invoices. No cab fare was claimed. The goods were bought with more than 20% discount. I was not trained in purchasing/procurement, just being observant helps.

The performance difference between qualified and not qualified employees [lipsrsealed]

Where i used to work, they had established contracts for everything, from paper to printer laptop to ball point pens. There are times when the same item can be found cheaper else where, but the layers of justification required to justify why someone is buying outside the established contract puts people off doing so. What's the point? Try to save some money, but end up get bureaucratic crap, and in the worst case, bosses suspect that the people trying to save money are somehow connected to the cheaper vendor (which has happened before actually). So the arguments for whether an established contract for supplies and suppliers, or to allow decentralised local purchases are never ending.

It is really whether the person doing the job, be they scholars or A level/poly or O level or PSLE have the interest of the organisation at heart, or they just take it that its just a job and not worth any extra effort. And penny pinching is not always good, especially if all the extra efforts in the end save only a very small percentage of the cost.

Like i said, civil service just happen to come under more scrutiny because these are tax-payers money, and thankfully, our AGC is damn blardy stringent in their checks. But look at any annual report of private companies and you'll see the amount of wastages and risk for potential "mistakes" like those uncovered in the ministries that goes on in the "bad debt written off", "obsolete inventory", "goodwill written off" etc columns. It is simply scary.

I open company...my uncle or relatives holding high position in the company...

I ask him or her to refer me or help in my tender bidding...

Nex I will get the tender even I bid high high...

But my company no experience in the industry....

1st time do such work....

Nvm just invoice even no work is done....

No worry cos who will check or noe if job done...

I'm laughing all the way to the bank....

this is when QA is sleeping. [laugh]

and you will soon go la kopi :ph34r:

So sorry, you got hard time to explain to them the hard truth: the current ruling party is doing the reverse (bring us back to 3rd world soon [sweatdrop]

Oei, did they bring us to first world for a start?? They said 1st world only, was it really first world?? It's not back to square ONE, we have not even left sq ONE at all!!! :blink:

Oei, did they bring us to first world for a start?? They said 1st world only, was it really first world?? It's not back to square ONE, we have not even left sq ONE at all!!! :blink:

Old man is the first guy to con me for "Switzerland Standard" then his cronies smoked me for "First World Standard" What a shame to keep breaking their promises <_<

this is when QA is sleeping. [laugh]

and you will soon go la kopi :ph34r:

The problem is I have not invited for kopi yet...

That's how long it is...

Just had big gathering with family and relatives last night.

Surprise to find all old uncles and aunties very strong support to ruling party.

The notion is they brought SG from third world to first.

They are all well to do and retired.

I total agree that our old guards are the best politicians in the universe, incorruptible men of integrity.

I will give my support and allegiance to such men.

Queston is are they replicated in the current team?

Some ppl esp the older generation like to vote base on the past performance not the present... Those old guards majority already in graves or retired, what for vote for these ppl that no longer in the party... funny mindset that i dun understand.

↡ Advertisement