Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Hypersonic
On 3/17/2024 at 4:27 PM, zipping said:

Looking at e diagram, imho looks like a 200ml cup expand to 1000ml but still using e same old straw to drink fr it 🤔 and expect e same old  straw to transfer e "water" in bigger volume or faster 🧐?

On 3/17/2024 at 5:50 PM, Heartbreakid said:

That was what I think too. I was thinking if using the amount of reclamation, instead of expanding horizontally, why not vertically to widen the causeway and M'sia to do the same to make the crossing wider to accommodate more traffic?

If there are inward counter, wouldn’t that clear congestion on causeway faster?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
On 3/17/2024 at 3:53 PM, mersaylee said:

I wonder how the 60mins average time cum about...😁

R (9).jpg

It is to to 2 hours now.

1 hour to cross JB-SG at around 1-2 pm is pretty accurate. 

IMG_7318.jpeg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 3/17/2024 at 6:13 PM, inlinesix said:

If there are inward counter, wouldn’t that clear congestion on causeway faster?

That is true also.

Hypersonic
On 3/17/2024 at 6:40 PM, Voodooman said:

It is to to 2 hours now.

1 hour to cross JB-SG at around 1-2 pm is pretty accurate. 

IMG_7318.jpeg

weather so hot but cannot hydrate in car too much or else how to relieve in case jam is worse than expected

cham either way...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

This is a Reclamation on Sp side and with he ICA mobile apps starting soon, I do not see the benefits of both sides will gain much, Sp side may be saving 30sec a pop faster clearing custom, then the other side will be super long Q snaking resulting in Mayhem jams. Meantime only 2 lanes are usable, the outer right lanes belong to Bus / Lorry.

The automation only works well if 2 hands clap together . . . so I take it as Not a reclamation process that only benefit our side, as we are aware with one loud voice from BoLehland , things can come to a complete STOP. 😱 I support the expansion to be both Vertical and Horizontal 4/5 lanes vice versa, no point rushing into it. ( Cars are getting bigger :, Saloon, SUV, MPV etc ) the infrastructure of accessing the Custom must be seamless, with Many humps and bumps, do away with high kerbs and unnecessary barriers ) we have many CCTV, camera and Infrared technology equipment to catch potential targets 

Supersonic
On 3/17/2024 at 8:35 PM, Lala81 said:

weather so hot but cannot hydrate in car too much or else how to relieve in case jam is worse than expected

cham either way...

Yup, 2 hours is no joke and today's weather is crazily hot. 

Twincharged
(edited)

IMHO waste money to upgrade. I only care about motorbikes and good vehicles, which support our industries with labour and goods like produce to feed our population. 

and no to what no need passport. All the undesirables will flock here. We already have enough pesky Malaysian bikes who are allowed to work here. Passport free will allow more criminals from JB in. Unless there is a law that says Malaysian criminals get double the sentences. 🤣

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 3/18/2024 at 8:49 AM, Mkl22 said:

IMHO waste money to upgrade. I only care about motorbikes and good vehicles, which support our industries with labour and goods like produce to feed our population. 

and no to what no need passport. All the undesirables will flock here. We already have enough pesky Malaysian bikes who are allowed to work here. Passport free will allow more criminals from JB in. Unless there is a law that says Malaysian criminals get double the sentences. 🤣

Oversteer.

6th Gear
On 3/17/2024 at 9:14 PM, Meanmachine said:

The automation only works well if 2 hands clap together . . . so I take it as Not a reclamation process that only benefit our side, as we are aware with one loud voice from BoLehland , things can come to a complete STOP. 😱 I support the expansion to be both Vertical and Horizontal 4/5 lanes vice versa, no point rushing into it. ( Cars are getting bigger :, Saloon, SUV, MPV etc ) the infrastructure of accessing the Custom must be seamless, with Many humps and bumps, do away with high kerbs and unnecessary barriers ) we have many CCTV, camera and Infrared technology equipment to catch potential targets 

The bumps are super annoying, so many.

The other complaint I have is the additional gates put in to enter the immigration booth, opened after the previous car clears the exit gate. This is super slow also, taking too much time between one car departing and the next allowed in. Overall, though, yes, we need more space. The MY side has slightly better clearance and drivability - when they get their software working right, will be fine.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 3/18/2024 at 12:03 PM, bsswan said:

The other complaint I have is the additional gates put in to enter the immigration booth, opened after the previous car clears the exit gate. This is super slow also, taking too much time between one car departing and the next allowed in. Overall, though, yes, we need more space. The MY side has slightly better clearance and drivability - when they get their software working right, will be fine.

My guess is the expansion is more towards inbound rather than out.

Supercharged

There were some siao lang who crash thru before, I think a few incidents some singkies some JHK.

So now go many barriers and also spikes ready to extend

Turbocharged
On 3/17/2024 at 12:49 PM, Watwheels said:

Wooo, expand big big.

240317Woodlands-Checkpoint-expansionilwo

JTC to reclaim 44ha of land to expand Woodlands Checkpoint

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/jtc-to-reclaim-44ha-of-land-to-expand-woodlands-checkpoint

Looks like expansion of the causeway will likely come soon after the land reclamation.

It's about time, the congestion is a daily affair. Time to expand that bottleneck.

I see it as the cronies crying for projects to do la... Hahahaha

How often do you see the immigration counters fully open? And this is SG side only. What's the point of such expansion if the other side is not keeping up? :D 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 3/18/2024 at 8:49 AM, Mkl22 said:

We have enough big shot criminals from China, JB criminals are only kacang puteh petty little scum :D 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Artificial congestion created to deter SGD from flowing out :D 

6th Gear
On 3/19/2024 at 9:31 AM, Beehive3783 said:

Artificial congestion created to deter SGD from flowing out :D 

Sure, but this is why I don't fully understand all the "easy congestion" blah, blah, blah, on one side with millions of dollars spent because, on the other, they actively make it difficult. Of course, we know they don't want us spending so much time (money) across the causeway but don't pretend otherwise.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 3/19/2024 at 9:30 AM, Beehive3783 said:

We have enough big shot criminals from China, JB criminals are only kacang puteh petty little scum :D 

i rather big shot ones where we can get some returns... for the scum, my tax dollars need to feed them in prison.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 3/19/2024 at 10:24 AM, Mkl22 said:

i rather big shot ones where we can get some returns... for the scum, my tax dollars need to feed them in prison.

We spend a lot of money to catch drug mule rather than drug lord.

Turbocharged
On 3/19/2024 at 10:24 AM, Mkl22 said:

"We" can get some returns? Really meh? Did you get anything from the big shot criminals? I know I didn't get anything leh :D 

↡ Advertisement