Mother of ALL JAMs in at Checkpoint

PaiKia-Lee

Supersonic
On 3/13/2024 at 6:02 PM, Voodooman said:

Agree. My thoughts as well although I applaud their bravery and such exposes are good for us in the long run. 

Don't think the 2 ladies will want to step into a Johor police station to assist with the investigation. It is polis investigating polis and you could end up doing naked squats in Pekan Nanas Detention Depot.  

I am with the ladies. We can't eradicate such crime but the least we can do is to make it hardest (lesser opportunity) for them to commit such hideous crime. More social media revelation by younger generation would make them think twice in times to come. I hope. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Supersonic
(edited)

Agree. My thoughts as well although I applaud their bravery and such exposes are good for us in the long run. 

Don't think the 2 ladies will want to step into a Johor police station to assist with the investigation. It is polis investigating polis and you could end up doing naked squats in Pekan Nanas Detention Depot.  

The only recourse, if there is any, it to use the social media to exert pressure on the Malaysia officer. 

If this news with video evidence can make it to world wide attention. Probably we will see something positive eventually. 

Ok going to link the news in my WhatsApp groups/Facebook. 😁

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 6

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 8:20 PM, Dafansu said:

Depends largely on the situation especially the location. This is an isolated place, just give and go. Your own safety is more important. 

I mean if you are the cam car and you only drive in maybe few times a year, would you do the same when the officer use his flashlight asking you to move to that lane?

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 3/13/2024 at 8:59 PM, Fcw75 said:

I mean if you are the cam car and you only drive in maybe few times a year, would you do the same when the officer use his flashlight asking you to move to that lane?

I think they are quite new to the place. For me I'm a regular visitor, so already know the area quite well. The 2nd lane from right is the official lane into the custom, even if u use the lane the cam car was in and cut in at the front they will stopped u on certain days. They only allow such Q (double lanes) during massive jam where the Q along EDL is very long. If they wave u out at this point you should feel strange because if they are opening the lorry side, they should have started directing those further in front out first. So far I've not seen them opening lorry side. The wave can look like asking to move forward, not to come out and go to the lorry side, very subjective. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 8:42 PM, Kopites said:

The only recourse, if there is any, it to use the social media to exert pressure on the Malaysia officer. 

If this news with video evidence can make it to world wide attention. Probably we will see something positive eventually. 

Ok going to link the news in my WhatsApp groups/Facebook. 😁

Exerting pressure is good but this has been going on for decades and I believe it will never change in the near term. Always start from the top-down if u understand how things work there. This batch is gone another batch will come in and do the same thing. It has become an acceptable social phenomena to give money, somehow a norm there and alike in many other Asian counties. Maybe will die down for a short while after that will be back again. Easy for us to spread such news, but not easy for them to go all the way out to fight for their rights mainly they don't even know it's a prevalent things inside. 

Edited by Dafansu
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
On 3/13/2024 at 9:34 PM, Dafansu said:

Exerting pressure is good but this has been going on for decades and I believe it will never change in the near term. Always start from the top-down if u understand how things work there. This batch is gone another batch will come in and do the same thing. It has become an acceptable social phenomena to give money, somehow a norm there and alike in many other Asian counties. Maybe will die down for a short while after that will be back again. Easy for us to spread such news, but not easy for them to go all the way out to fight for their rights mainly they don't even know it's a prevalent things inside. 

The rot also starts from the top for them. “Deep seated issues” also…. 😂

Supersonic

https://thesun.my/style-life/going-viral/sg-m-sian-women-alleged-police-at-johor-bahru-checkpoint-demanded-rm600-fine-JA12210955

Malaysia paper picking up on this piece of news now. 

I am sure for the immediate next week or so there won't be such "unwanted opening up of lorry lane". 

Like I have said. such incidents we can't wipe out but the least we can do is to make it more difficult for those corrupted custom officer(s).  

We should not right a wrong. Finding excuses so as to be oblivious of such hideous crime is as good as endorsing such corrupted behaviour. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 3/14/2024 at 9:10 AM, Kopites said:

https://thesun.my/style-life/going-viral/sg-m-sian-women-alleged-police-at-johor-bahru-checkpoint-demanded-rm600-fine-JA12210955

Malaysia paper picking up on this piece of news now. 

I am sure for the immediate next week or so there won't be such "unwanted opening up of lorry lane". 

Like I have said. such incidents we can't wipe out but the least we can do is to make it more difficult for those corrupted custom officer(s).  

We should not right a wrong. Finding excuses so as to be oblivious of such hideous crime is as good as endorsing such corrupted behaviour. 

Don’t Go

No point endangering your life

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 3/13/2024 at 3:18 PM, Voodooman said:

You are seasoned traveler and it is hard to scam your money. Even if directed, you probably won't pay a single cent unless they offer express service at a reasonable price. 😂 Most people will just suck it up and move on.

The angmo van couple who posted the Ipoh bribery incident, leading to a few white ants being prosecuted, released the video only upon leaving Malaysia. These 2 ladies are really brave.   Kudos to them. In 官官相护 Malaysia, they could just turn around and accuse you of paying a bribe. We need more of such people.  Keeping quiet and sucking up on the tuition fee will just encourage more of such private "enterprises".  

Anyway, got video now and with 2 separate reports collaborating the event, there will be an investigation. Way too much publicity to cover up.

58aa8771-fdca-4a77-8301-249d6a095bb8.thumb.jpeg.7fd54274bf5b335d741630cd368b0f05.jpeg

If the victims contact the polis, they confirm kena marked. So better to just let the videos flood social media since time and date stamps are clear. If they really want to investigate, it is easy to identify the rogue polis.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 3/14/2024 at 11:20 AM, Beehive3783 said:

If the victims contact the polis, they confirm kena marked. So better to just let the videos flood social media since time and date stamps are clear. If they really want to investigate, it is easy to identify the rogue polis.

Think Polis will need someone to declare and sign off on a nothing-but-the-truths statement with the usual perjury warning. You can't charge someone with corruption, extortion or robbery (that is the word being used now) based on 2 social media postings. Or maybe you can, I don't know.   The angmo van case was more clear cut, a crime recorded in full view with $$$ changing hands, I have not seen the same here.

While most people will want the 2 women to step forth, there are risk involved and they can be hard to quantity, especially when one don't have much trust in MY authority.  

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 3/14/2024 at 9:12 AM, inlinesix said:

Don’t Go

No point endangering your life

Yessi...scared don't go...go don't scared...my dg often have supper late into the night in JB...half the times all gals night out...her laopeh boh hiu kun early as usual...only the laobu watch tv and wait...siao one...sometimes until 3am...tvb shows so nice meh...😁

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 3/14/2024 at 3:57 PM, Voodooman said:

Think Polis will need someone to declare and sign off on a nothing-but-the-truths statement with the usual perjury warning. You can't charge someone with corruption, extortion or robbery (that is the word being used now) based on 2 social media postings. Or maybe you can, I don't know.   The angmo van case was more clear cut, a crime recorded in full view with $$$ changing hands, I have not seen the same here.

While most people will want the 2 women to step forth, there are risk involved and they can be hard to quantity, especially when one don't have much trust in MY authority.  

you are right, need a proper statement for proper charge, can't be just based on such information online. So far it seems like the 2 women have yet to contact the authority there, only responding to general comments but when people posted about the Johor Police looking for them, they kept quiet. Social media can make it big easily, but when it comes to investigation and follow up, one will think twice again. 

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 3/14/2024 at 4:15 PM, mersaylee said:

Yessi...scared don't go...go don't scared...my dg often have supper late into the night in JB...half the times all gals night out...her laopeh boh hiu kun early as usual...only the laobu watch tv and wait...siao one...sometimes until 3am...tvb shows so nice meh...😁

I stopped watching TVB drama for some months.

Cannot compare to K-drama.

Hypersonic
On 3/14/2024 at 5:19 PM, inlinesix said:

Can not lah...how big their budget...tvb style is chop chop curry pork style...sometimes actors have to run from studio to studio in a day...😅

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
On 3/14/2024 at 5:19 PM, inlinesix said:

tvb-drama aunties no fight with k-drama mei mei la

even c-drama now is following k-drama making style liao 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

The embassy bo federal mata attaché meh? Why must go in?

Bo zoom meh?

Supersonic
On 3/14/2024 at 7:00 PM, Datsun366 said:

The embassy bo federal mata attaché meh? Why must go in?

Bo zoom meh?

Not sure of procedure in MY but I am sure if there is a will, there is a way. Just saying if I am the 2 ladies, there will be concerns.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1