Civic mindedness gone overboard? - Former MediaCorp actor fi

Dankoo

This is why STOMP was born. So people don't have to confront others. Cowardly, but it prevents incidents like this.

↡ Advertisement

is it allowed for a dog owner to dig a little hole in the ground, to let the doggie poop into the hole, and thereafter cover back? I mean, it there any offence in digging the holes...?

Not that I know of yet. But if the tree nearby died later, and the dog owner be accountable for the dead tree. How does the $10,000/- penalty looks to us? [sweatdrop]

R u joking? Like that very hard to like them, very inconsiderate. I tot they mostly r good ppl. Like when mr ong hit d dog, they all complaind to d media, but nw no one bother to say something abt tis auntie. :angry:

if i am very free.... follow them discreetly, find out where they live (bring dog for poo poo usually take only about 15mins)

help them to collect the poo... smear it nicely outside their door...

they will learn in time to come

(edited)

I think its the woman which kick the car and scare his kid that cos him to turn violent...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former MediaCorp actor Huang Yiliang has been fined $3,000 for hurting a woman during a confrontation over dog-poo.

According to Shin Min Daily News, the 50-year-old, who refers to himself as a "familiar neighbour" to his former viewers, pleaded guilty in court today (5 April) to voluntarily causing hurt to Zheng Mei Fang, 48.

Madam Zheng, a clinic assistant, had incurred Huang's ire when he spotted her not cleaning up after her dog at about 7.15pm on 20 May last year.

Mdm Zheng was walking her dog at Toa Payoh Lorong 2 at the same time when Huang was in his car waiting for his family at the driveway near a multi-storey carpark.

Her dog defecated on the ground, but Mdm Zheng, who was holding on to a plastic bag, did not pick up the mess.

Seeing this, Huang drove up to her and started to scold and taunt her.

The two quickly got into an argument and both whipped out their phones to take photos and videos of each other.

When Mdm Zheng eventually picked up the poo, Huang would not let it go.

He got out of his car and said to her, "You're only picking it up now?"

Huang then tried to drive off but the woman stopped him from leaving by standing in front of his car.

She even walked to his car door and knocked angrily on his window.

This frightened Huang's son, who started crying.

Provoked by this, Huang got out of the car, grabbed Mdm Zheng by her neck and pushed her aside, causing her to trip and fall over a kerb.

But Huang did not stop his attack. He held the fallen woman down by her neck and continued to scold her.

A passerby who saw what happened shouted at Huang, who let go of his grip but continued scolding Mdm Zheng. He then drove off.

The woman later sought treatment at a hospital for abrasions on her right arm, right kneecap and on the toes of her left foot. The scuffle also left a scar on her right arm.

During the court hearing, Huang's lawyer argued that he had been carrying out a civic duty and that the incident was a result of Mdm Zheng's actions, according to a report on Channel NewsAsia.

The prosecution, however, said that Huang had taunted and honked at Mdm Zheng during the altercation.

The judge agreed with Huang's lawyer that he did not deserve jail time, and noted that the incident "arose from the ungracious behaviour of an irresponsible dog owner".

The judge added that Huang had been right to confront Mdm Zheng but had gone overboard and behaved in an "ungentlemanly manner".

Huang could have been jailed up to two years and fined $5,000.

When leaving the court room, Huang laughed loudly three times and said that he was happy with the judge's words and was satisfied with the verdict.

Source: news.insing.com/tabloid/former-actor-fined-for-scuffle-over-dog-poo/id-3b3f3f00

Edited by Sirjimmy

I am a dog owner myself and I do bring along a bag (disposal in a small tube sold by pet shop) for unforeseen cases...urine cannot be help at times cos as the dog grow older, they sometimes cannot hold as well and will still let go....

Glad to hear that. Hope d government will do more to teach other dog owners oso.

if i am very free.... follow them discreetly, find out where they live (bring dog for poo poo usually take only about 15mins)

help them to collect the poo... smear it nicely outside their door...

they will learn in time to come

Sound like a good idea, then dog owners will kwai kwai clear the poo poo. Everyone is happy.

Think this lao hero also very agressive and having some... problem

The other day, I saw he and his current wife together stared at a mother and her kids turning a lucky draw wheel, looked as if he was about to charge at them and started telling them off. The manager manning the queue was standing infront of them and don't seemed to be displeased with the kids just turning the wheel for fun.

Talking about being graceful, ungracefully trying to be graceful? -_-

Frankly, I also dislike pet owners not clearing the poo, as it is unhealthy and unheigenic since it is parasitic, worst is those idiotic pet owners letting their stupid dogs poo on cement walkways.

But quarrel being quarrel, no one should end up fighting. Just need some mini stars to start talking about it.