Evo X SST vs C180K

Heavenspirit

Which car will you choose  

91 members have voted

1. 1. SST vs C180k

• Evo x sst 7 yrs old
    • New c180k

Neutral Newbie

It's being pragmatic, nothing to do with face lah.

At $150K or thereabouts:

- C180K (solid, German-made, RWD, NCAP 5-star) OMV $31K

- Altis 1.8L (tomyam-made, FWD, NCAP 4-star) OMV $17K

Even $160K:

- Camry 2L (tomyam-made, FWD), OMV $22K

The choice is obvious - a no brainer.

Look at the OMVs!!! Nauseating man ...

Still want a "Jap" car?

Korean car's also not any better off lah!

Hyundai i-45 2L at $151K.

OMV $18K nia. You want ah?

So for $150K, a Merc C180K actually makes a lot of sense, financially!

u r rite if price is the same - I didn't notice merc has cat A...

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

hot and sexy girl in the bedroom.

classy business sweet women on the streets.

:D

Don't forget to let us know what price

you got for the Evo.

29K- 39k above market value.(base on dealer makan)

Edited by Heavenspirit

29K- 39k above market value.(base on dealer makan)

Thats a very good price.

Enjoy your new MB C180.

Agree. "having face" is in their head. If you see a person with C180, 318i/320i etc, confirm people with limited budget for car or they do not want to spend too much on a car. More likely the former is true, otherwise buy jap or korean already.

I think you are the one who has this 'face mentality'. Some pple dont need 0-100km in 5 secs. And more are just frugal in their spending. Thats why they are driving a decent car while your here talking about it.

the c180 does still look quite fast moving off the lights. of course u cant compare it wif evo SST.

i think its still worth the penny. different class bro.

why must be jap or korean?? they so expensive now. Conti on the contradict is cheaper for what they offer in current market.

You are right. I cannot understand some people think. Maybe toi justify they are driving Japanese or Korean car instead of Conti.

The differences between the 316 & 320 is more or less just the engine, give & take a few others.

Not all people go for power. Some people just like the stability, comfort, refinement, looks, safety espect etc.

"Oh my god, I wanted to buy a 3 series,, but now its cost almost the same as a camry. In fact I think Camry cost maybe more.

Better get the camry instead, if not people say I buy only for the brand."

Its like a you are a guy & have 2 girls available in the office, you stand equal chances as both kinda fancy you. One is plain Jane, typical type, expect you to bring her to high end restuarants, buy her expensive gifts, cannot cook to save her life, & normally the type you go out, as you are Mr Average.

with. another is a chiobu, good temper & can cook nice meal, & not too fussy, prefer DIY gifts you make for her using your heart .

But you end upo with the Plain Jane, because you worry people say you go out with the chiobu only due to ther looks.

Not saying Camry is bad, but just to give some hypotetical example.

I want to help Europe out of its recession.

If the euro crashes, i will do my best to buy their cars

and my wife will do her best to buy their handbags.

She took my credit cards and has already started.

Going out with a girl just because of her looks is so shallow.

I am very deep person.

I go out with a girl based on the size of her boobs.

The deeper the longkang the better.

Going out with a girl just because of her looks is so shallow.

I am very deep person.

I go out with a girl based on the size of her boobs.

The deeper the longkang the better.

^5

Go to Mercedes Benz website and look at the specs for C180K. It stated Rated torque (Nm at rpm) 230/2800 - 4600. Which means max torque flat from 2800 - 4600rpm.

whatever lah...

if i buy, i sure buy evo, some1 give me a free merc, i also sell it for evo. does not matter 2nd hand or new..

i believe u will trade evo for merc. lol

whatever lah...

if i buy, i sure buy evo, some1 give me a free merc, i also sell it for evo. does not matter 2nd hand or new..

i believe u will trade evo for merc. lol

Why you so hao lian?

Somemore, your signature says 400Nm to you!

I can also say 450Nm to you hor!

Wanna try my conti RS3? quattro somemore OK.

You will only smell my smoke.

I sure buy Audi, some1 gip me a free Evo, I also sell it for Audi.

You are right. I cannot understand some people think. Maybe toi justify they are driving Japanese or Korean car instead of Conti.

The differences between the 316 & 320 is more or less just the engine, give & take a few others.

Not all people go for power. Some people just like the stability, comfort, refinement, looks, safety espect etc.

"Oh my god, I wanted to buy a 3 series,, but now its cost almost the same as a camry. In fact I think Camry cost maybe more.

Better get the camry instead, if not people say I buy only for the brand."

Its like a you are a guy & have 2 girls available in the office, you stand equal chances as both kinda fancy you. One is plain Jane, typical type, expect you to bring her to high end restuarants, buy her expensive gifts, cannot cook to save her life, & normally the type you go out, as you are Mr Average.

with. another is a chiobu, good temper & can cook nice meal, & not too fussy, prefer DIY gifts you make for her using your heart .

But you end upo with the Plain Jane, because you worry people say you go out with the chiobu only due to ther looks.

Not saying Camry is bad, but just to give some hypotetical example.

Yes, but suppose Ms Plain Jane is a firecracker in the sack, but Ms Chiobu is a cold fish?

That would be a more complete analogy in comparing an Evo with a C180.

Evo indeed is exclusive, not

Many on the road already, maybe wait for hybric evo in 2014, btw, coe will be sky rocket in aug onwards, as govt keeping 0.5% growth through to 2013. Confuse as i'm both seller n buyer, for those who no car n wants to own it, best is before june.

Evo indeed is exclusive, not

Many on the road already, maybe wait for hybric evo in 2014, btw, coe will be sky rocket in aug onwards, as govt keeping 0.5% growth through to 2013. Confuse as i'm both seller n buyer, for those who no car n wants to own it, best is before june.

Looks like you've already made up your mind. Why bother to try and see if a bunch of random faceless people on the Internet concur?

I'll say this and leave it at that - at $150-odd K, a Merc is a good deal, especially in this ridiculous COE market. If I was in the market for a car, I'd consider it (although I would much prefer a faster car). But remember that you're *not* paying $150-odd K - you're paying much more because of the loan conditions. Would you still consider the car worth it at that higher amount?

For that reason, I'd pass. As I said in another thread, I'm not looking for a loan, and definitely not a high loan of long tenure. If you feel you need to take such a loan to get this car, then maybe it makes more sense to you, but it doesn't to me. But my opinion shouldn't alter yours, because your circumstances are not the same as mine.

(edited)

Looks like you've already made up your mind. Why bother to try and see if a bunch of random faceless people on the Internet concur?

I'll say this and leave it at that - at $150-odd K, a Merc is a good deal, especially in this ridiculous COE market. If I was in the market for a car, I'd consider it (although I would much prefer a faster car). But remember that you're *not* paying $150-odd K - you're paying much more because of the loan conditions. Would you still consider the car worth it at that higher amount?

For that reason, I'd pass. As I said in another thread, I'm not looking for a loan, and definitely not a high loan of long tenure. If you feel you need to take such a loan to get this car, then maybe it makes more sense to you, but it doesn't to me. But my opinion shouldn't alter yours, because your circumstances are not the same as mine.

No hurry to sell, looking at coe now, my car value will not drop much, but am waiting a chance, cat A and cat b drift further apart , that's when i strike. Sell high buy low. This is the best forum in sg, so many helpful feedback.

Edited by Heavenspirit

Turbocharged

Not entirely true.. most cars that speed on NSH are conti.. esp BMW and Merc.. (no need to say about those exotic sports cars). And the reason they can do it is that at 180km/h.. the car still feel planted and safe.

you say conti i say volvo and merc.

maybe not so much of merc. but Volvo.

i dont heard ppl buying Volvo for speed [laugh]

you say conti i say volvo and merc.

maybe not so much of merc. but Volvo.

i dont heard ppl buying Volvo for speed [laugh]

how come i think of Soya? :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement