Help!! EVO SST TRADE C180K

Heavenspirit

(edited)

Help, am considering to trade in my 09' Evo X Sst to new merc C180K.

Not sure if is a downgrade for me or an upgrade.

My wife n kids feels uncomfortable on my current rides, due to stiff suspension, n abit torquey.

Evo vs c180

2L vs 1.6L

350bhp vs 150bhp

9km/L vs 12km/L

$1300++ installment vs $1500 /mth

Servicing n maintenance more expensive than C180K

Omv 39k vs 31k

Intrest 1.88 vs 2.2%

Please share your view, if is wise to change this new C180K.

Edited by Heavenspirit
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

the more important question is will you be happy if you change for the sake of wife n kids and leave to regret later if the c180 does not leave to your expectation of performance and etc. i think it is not so much of cost and maintenance but whether it will twist your spirited driving style and mod ability of the new car given it is a family car which you may not get use to it. this is something personal which u need to give serious consideration. just my 2 cents

u give up a #1 performance car for a richman camry ? u can always step softer with ur foot & steer slower rite? if really want comfort & perform = gti , c180 isnt even close

1. Consider if there is a faster version of the Mercedes Benz so as not to lose the need for speed..

2. Consider if you had "enough" of your fair share of racing/sport-esque kind of cars for good and ready to move on to another stage in life.

Confirm downgrade. Performance-wise, no need to talk. Status-wise, "conteeeee" is not what it used to be. In fact, propeller and 3-pt star are the new B&B cars. Some more yours is entry-level. Your Evo SST will at least be appreciated by enthusiasts.

So it's up to you whether comfort, keeping wifey happy etc. justify getting an inferior car (IMO) while rolling over debt.

1. Consider if there is a faster version of the Mercedes Benz so as not to lose the need for speed..

2. Consider if you had "enough" of your fair share of racing/sport-esque kind of cars for good and ready to move on to another stage in life.

Part of the reason is to save cost on petrol n not losing too much $ in future, but i really luv my ride, and had spend alot on mods, and is well maintain car. Don't think i'm ready for power downgrade, but juz the fear of hard to sell and lost alot $ in future for performance car.since merc open this overtrade dinggy, which helps ease the lost.

Neutral Newbie

I had a "similar" situation too...

My current ride is MPS6 (263bhp & 380Nm, 6speed manual, Active torque split-AWD) 100% stock

Thought of changing to Lexus IS250 (more value for $$$ vs C180, 320i, A4)

Then recently after I change to 4 brand new Goodyear Asymmetric 2 (18inch tyre)....

My mind change immediately, the driving fun factor, power, torque and balance with executive features-cruise control, electric seat, Bose sound, HID, etc (MPS6 setup is less stiff & hardcore) is just too fun!

I know conti brand equates "better" status in face conscious Asia society even its just a barely equipped entry model...

But i will give it a miss

For now, I will continue to enjoy my reliable MPS6 for quite sometime...

(edited)

Hi Bro.

I wish I had a SST when I had the chance in 2009.

I personally wouldnt trade in a twin-clutch Evo (with four usable car seats) for C-class.

Edited by I_RIDE_DEEP

It depends on what you looking for leh.

I used to drive Evo IX, now I drive a A3 (not even an S3).

160bhp only compare to my 425hp evo. If not pushed too hard, under normal road driving, it doesn't feel much slower. It return also very good FC & much more comfortable than my IX.

The interior quality differences no need to say leh. Typical Japanese econ-box interior on my IX. I know X was better, but not much I think.

I do craved for my evo at times, but not often. You cannot always drive fast, but you can always ride comfortable (unless you have your mother in law in the front passenger seat).

Now I prefer a more refine ride, looks good with some power, & can ferry a small family & with good cargo space, like the S models & 535i BMWs wagons. Hopefully in a couple of years time, when I am in the market for a new ride.

But I cannot say for others, just test drive first lah.

My wife n kids feels uncomfortable on my current rides, due to stiff suspension, n abit torquey.

Evo vs c180

2L vs 1.6L

350bhp vs 150bhp

9km/L vs 12km/L

$1300++ installment vs $1500 /mth

Servicing n maintenance more expensive than C180K

Omv 39k vs 31k

Intrest 1.88 vs 2.2%

Please share your view, if is wise to change this new C180K.

change sst to manual box.

than tell ur wife n kids to shut up.

Bro i said change if u really think for the sake of ur family.. Next time ur kids older u can change back.. It's never too late.. If not u have to see ur current budget maybe find another car that can match the performance to ur current evo.. Just my 2 cents.. :)

To satisfy your family's need for comfort and quality of life ... and your need for speed, you should get the Mercedes Benz. Then all will be happy!

C350

306 BHP / 370 Nm

0-100 in < 6 secs

OMV $63k

You compromise some power and get German luxury!

u give up a #1 performance car for a richman camry ? u can always step softer with ur foot & steer slower rite? if really want comfort & perform = gti , c180 isnt even close

No lah, GTI where got comfort one? Rickety like a horse-drawn wagon. [rolleyes]

For comfort & performance = C350 ... C63 AMG even, GTI isn't even close!

Evo vs c180

I was facing the same problems as you... minus the wife and kids.

4 years back i took the plunge and change from my STi to a SLK.

Did i regret? Hell yeah!! Only when i need the power n freaking loud exhaust and DV.

Other days, the SLK beats the STi hands down.

Solutions.... Get a track car. I did that n nvr looked back.

Camry? More like Altis.

For Camry/Accord in Conti term should be Merc E Class, BMW 5 & Audi A6.

To TS, different breed of cars you are comparing.

↡ Advertisement