C180K now at $153,088 - C&C showroom packed!

Astrid

Wah I don't believe the crowd man, when I was at the C&C showroom today.

Packed like crazy! Everybody also want to test drive ... long queue.

All tables and huddle rooms fully occupied!

At $153K for an entry level C-Class sedan, it's actually a very attractive proposition.

At that price, Audi has only got the A3 1.4 and A1. But hatchbacks nia.

BMW only the 116i - hatch back also. Now got no 316i sedan liao.

VW got Golf 1.4 and Scirocco - again, both hatchbacks.

Nothing wrong with hatchbacks, but I suppose the general car-buying public in Singapore still prefer sedans hor.

So, will we continue to see Merc at pole position in the sales figures for March and 2Q 2012?

↡ Advertisement

At this price, can get a Alfa 159 2.2L sedan and still have some change left. Continental brand and more powderful. How come Alfa showroom not packed and Alfa not top 3 seller ? haha

subarashi, even this was 2009 i suspect the price is at 100-130k , its no brainer not to get c180k at 150k now for the new car buyers

At this price, can get a Alfa 159 2.2L sedan and still have some change left. Continental brand and more powderful. How come Alfa showroom not packed and Alfa not top 3 seller ? haha

Singaporeans now go for 3-pointed Star, Blue Roundel, or 4-Rings only what! You don't know meh?

Where got Singapore family buy the Serpent one? [laugh] Not many lah!

Agree it's very attractive at that price point.

A prestige marque, good looks, solidly built, made in Germany, 4 door sedan, RWD.

Actually, Merc had used superchargers for their Silver Arrows racing car's as far back as the 1930's - so it is a proven technology. Won't go far wrong there. And the engine runs cooler than a TC engine.

Even Audi has gone to SC engines for some of their high-end RS models!

at this price at such times, C&C needs to meet some quotas and it should be for limited number of units only.

Test drive what. Just buy la

Wow. Super cheap. Cheaper than Honda ody. Coe will be on way up.

(edited)

Must take 90% high loan at 2.68% over a long period with cash back $12k component to offset + $8k overtrade base on contract price of $175k. Not so good deal compare to Jan/Feb at $150k nett with no gimmick

Edited by Amazon777

Why anyone want to buy a less reliable half-baked Italian, with a GM-sourced JTS engine?

I used to own Alfa Romeos, but never considered the models after the last Twin-Spark and Alfa V6 blocks to be true-blue Alfa Romeos. Ba$tardized in it's truest form - by GM somemore!

Even the discontinued Alfa Boxer engine was a beaut, in it's time.

(edited)

understood la

rule 1. sheep fur grows on sheep

rule 2. where got such a big frog hopping on the street

rule 3. went in with your eyes wide open

last time, bmw also advertise monthly pay $300+ to drive a 3-series away, $500+ to drive a 5-series away

merc + bmw + audi ... all 3 conti best sellers in spore sure check out each other pricing la ...

no where one party will undercut another party with "too low" pricing ...

Must take high loan at 2.68% over a long period with cash back component to offset. List price still same at $178k

Edited by Wt_know

Supersonic

Must take high loan at 2.68% over a long period with cash back component to offset. List price still same at $178k

Haha....sure got catch one lah. Like the saying goes; if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

at this price at such times, C&C needs to meet some quotas and it should be for limited number of units only.

Test drive what. Just buy la

Meet quota?

They were top brand seller in Jan/Feb 2012 what.

No need lah.

I think they just want to remain on top of BMW this year ... or at least before a similarly-priced 316i is launched - if at all.

Not so good deal compare to Jan/Feb at $150k nett with no gimmick

True, true.

I got the C180K for my wife at $150K net, with no high-loan gimmick.

Straight-off discount and super high overtrade.

S&P deal done at $51K COE, but actual COE obtained was for $57K.

So C&C "lost" a further $6K!

Must take 90% high loan at 2.68% over a long period with cash back $12k component to offset + $8k overtrade base on contract price of $175k. Not so good deal compare to Jan/Feb at $150k nett with no gimmick

My guess is that people who want to pay for the car in full can't enjoy such a discount?

If you look at the selling price of $165,900 for a Honda Civic 1.8 VTi-S (New Model) as advertised in Honda website, I am sure all serious car buyers will go for C180 even if it is priced @175K.

My guess is that people who want to pay for the car in full can't enjoy such a discount?

Not only that ... got no trade-in car cannot get full discount also.

(edited)

If you look at the selling price of $165,900 for a Honda Civic 1.8 VTi-S (New Model) as advertised in Honda website, I am sure all serious car buyers will go for C180 even if it is priced @175K.

Yah lor - it's this thingy about badge/prestige/image call it whatever.

A Thai-made Toyota Altis 1.8L now lists for $148K! $5K more can get a Merc sedan - why not? many may think!

Edited by Astrid
↡ Advertisement