Jialat, are we throwing good money down the drain?

Scb11980

They see it as a form of investment. If you really want an answer to your question it will take some time to see one. In investments you dun get 100% gains. Maybe they see locals as an asset, whether good or bad things come out of it they can't sell it anyway and have to keep them.

So in this case ask yourself would you throw money on an asset you already own or would you risk throwing money down the drain & invest it?

as usual,do the right thing in next GE.the citizens had enough.this good for nothing gahment who fed themselves millions should be removed.

why are the citizens paying MILLIONS to each of them to make our lives difficult?

Hopefully in the next GE, these people will do the right thing and not just say say only.

Can resurrect this thread in 2016? else pple forgetfull....?

Turbocharged

They see it as a form of investment. If you really want an answer to your question it will take some time to see one. In investments you dun get 100% gains. Maybe they see locals as an asset, whether good or bad things come out of it they can't sell it anyway and have to keep them.

So in this case ask yourself would you throw money on an asset you already own or would you risk throwing money down the drain & invest it?

You're right. I mean, it sure seems like a lot of money is spent to draw foreign students to our shores. Yes, some are ungrateful parasites using this opportunity as a stepping stone. But not all 100% are like that.

Some (don't know what %?) do hang around, marry locals, settle here and build a life and career here just like any one of us. It's like having instant, shake-and-bake citizen/resident... qualified, educated, skilled to contribute to the economy here. This is considered the positive "return of investment", as you say.

Some of us have only themselves to blame for the falling birth rate leading to this situation. Even if you have 2 kids (even this is quite rare now among young couples), it's just not enough to build the numbers. But how serious is the situation, and how many foreigners are really needed to plug the gap... we don't know if we are getting the true picture.

Edited by Sosaria

Hypersonic

Fantastic! Come back here as FT loh -_- , ironic huh.

Actually I did thought of that. Migrate then let my kids come back here as FT. Free education. No NS. Good deal. :mellow:

frankly in the past i thk the foreigners wil stil consider making sg their long term home so the investment stil make some sense. but now, even the foreigners ard r getting sick of the place here. jus yest one PR was jus telling me he is rejecting citizenship.

some numbers on how many of these beneficiaries stayed n contributed would def help, else we r jus a stepping stone n pure self prostitution!

Turbocharged

_The National University of Singapore had fallen from 18th in the world in 2004 to 34th in 2010, according to Times Higher Education-QS World University Rankings.

And Nanyang Technological University dropped from 50th to 174th position.

to those up there... sg as education hub? song boh [shakehead]

hope that our children will not need to travel to jb's educity education hub that is currently building up in iskandar

EduCity

If Gov wants it, what can we do?..... [:(]

Already, local architect companies not invited to participate in designing T4, so you say ley ... -_-

it is this type of mindset that we are still living under the same umbrella

i'll give you a direct hint, you have a choice once every 5 years

Turbocharged

frankly in the past i thk the foreigners wil stil consider making sg their long term home so the investment stil make some sense. but now, even the foreigners ard r getting sick of the place here. jus yest one PR was jus telling me he is rejecting citizenship.

some numbers on how many of these beneficiaries stayed n contributed would def help, else we r jus a stepping stone n pure self prostitution!

i tend to believe the number of those now taking up the citizenship offer is low.

almost all of them i spoke to will NOT, citing costs and stress..

one of those already took up citizen long time back, has regretted it. he is going to be retiring in india when the time comes. he has already accumulated 2 houses back there.

singaporean's backside kenna screwed gau gau <_<

it is this type of mindset that we are still living under the same umbrella

i'll give you a direct hint, you have a choice once every 5 years

most singaporeans have lost the idea that they have a choice

largely due to brainwashing and spoon feeding

to top it all

our educational system make us all parrot smart without much lateral thinking

now government tells us that we need foreign talents

indirectly, they are saying that our education system is NOT good and require Foreign talents with foriegn degrees or diploma

i am very upset

because our government may be short-sighted

to have short term gain at the expense of singaporeans in the long term (our children)

this short term gain benefits who most in the end (which group of people)

in terms of salary and business

Can resurrect this thread in 2016? else pple forgetfull....?

Trust me, by 2016 majority people would have forgive and forget. :D

↡ Advertisement