M'sia reducing visa for ah tiongs

Vid

Hypersonic

Even our neighbour knows something got to be done. Do we??

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/A...ory_778984.html

Malaysia to tighten visa applications for visitors from China

KLUANG, Johor (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Malaysia will tighten visa applications for visitors from China to ensure they are not involved in any criminal activities, especially prostitution.

Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein said that other than using the biometric system, the Government was looking at other ways to differentiate criminals from real tourists.

'Due to cheap air fares, almost anyone including criminals such as drug mules, human traffickers and even terrorists can travel freely from one country to another.

'Prostitution does not only happen in Malaysia but is a global problem which needs to be addressed,' he told reporters after a meet-the-people session at Felda Ulu Belitong here on Saturday.

Mr Hishammuddin said he had recently met with his counterpart from China to discuss the issue as many Chinese nationals misused their visas to work as prostitutes.

'One of the ways to solve this problem is by tightening visa applications,' he said, adding that he would make an announcement on the matter soon.

In another development, Mr Hishammuddin said those who had proof that the Opposition received financial aid from Jewish groups should come forward instead of making wild allegations.

He said the ministry would investigate the matter.

Penang Umno deputy chairman Datuk Musa Sheikh Fadzir urged the Home Ministry to take action against the Opposition which he alleged received financial aid from NGOs that were supported by Jewish groups.

Meanwhile, Mr Hishammuddin said the people needed to change their perception that Malaysia was a crime haven.

He said Netizens and bloggers had questioned how Malaysia was ranked 19th out of 153 countries worldwide in terms of security and named one of the safest countries in the South-East Asian region.

'Crime cases such as murder and rape are isolated and many are solved by the police. After the introduction of the National Key Result Areas, the crime rate has dropped,' he said.

↡ Advertisement

Even our neighbour knows something got to be done. Do we??

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/A...ory_778984.html

Malaysia to tighten visa applications for visitors from China

KLUANG, Johor (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Malaysia will tighten visa applications for visitors from China to ensure they are not involved in any criminal activities, especially prostitution.

Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein said that other than using the biometric system, the Government was looking at other ways to differentiate criminals from real tourists.

'Due to cheap air fares, almost anyone including criminals such as drug mules, human traffickers and even terrorists can travel freely from one country to another.

'Prostitution does not only happen in Malaysia but is a global problem which needs to be addressed,' he told reporters after a meet-the-people session at Felda Ulu Belitong here on Saturday.

Mr Hishammuddin said he had recently met with his counterpart from China to discuss the issue as many Chinese nationals misused their visas to work as prostitutes.

'One of the ways to solve this problem is by tightening visa applications,' he said, adding that he would make an announcement on the matter soon.

In another development, Mr Hishammuddin said those who had proof that the Opposition received financial aid from Jewish groups should come forward instead of making wild allegations.

He said the ministry would investigate the matter.

Penang Umno deputy chairman Datuk Musa Sheikh Fadzir urged the Home Ministry to take action against the Opposition which he alleged received financial aid from NGOs that were supported by Jewish groups.

Meanwhile, Mr Hishammuddin said the people needed to change their perception that Malaysia was a crime haven.

He said Netizens and bloggers had questioned how Malaysia was ranked 19th out of 153 countries worldwide in terms of security and named one of the safest countries in the South-East Asian region.

'Crime cases such as murder and rape are isolated and many are solved by the police. After the introduction of the National Key Result Areas, the crime rate has dropped,' he said.

election coming...pple must be happy...

Hypersonic

election coming...pple must be happy...

Maybe we have to wait until 2016? [:(]

Turbocharged

The presence of Chinese national students in our two universities here is really very high.

Visit the canteens and you may think you are a foreigner in Beijing or Guangzhou university. Sadly, many of these FTs have poor command of English language and write like a primary 3 student. I don't think all of them deserve the scholarship, maybe only some.

Should free up more university place for our local poly students. Where do our poor local poly students go for further studies after they complete their diploma? Australia, UK or USA? That is a lot of money for many local families.

I dont think the gov its trying to reduce crime... its known that illegal indon imigrants causes more problem in Mal and many crime activities are committed by them, why target at Chinese?

Prositution?? there are many more criminal issue such as murder, robery, kidnap & etc that require more attention in Mal... why choose prostitution? ...

Nowada, many countries trying to pull chinese visitors cause they have $$$, but Malaysia did it another way round?? i think its racist case rather than anything else...

The presence of Chinese national students in our two universities here is really very high.

Visit the canteens and you may think you are a foreigner in Beijing or Guangzhou university. Sadly, many of these FTs have poor command of English language and write like a primary 3 student. I don't think all of them deserve the scholarship, maybe only some.

Should free up more university place for our local poly students. Where do our poor local poly students go for further studies after they complete their diploma? Australia, UK or USA? That is a lot of money for many local families.

No need to go to local university canteens also fully aware that the chinese national in sg is very very high! Basically the whole sg now has become china, my friend told me no need to go china for holidays liao, cause we are already in china! <_<

All the local poly students either go overseas to study degree or stay in sg to obtain their degree through distance learning lo.

Turbocharged

Chena babi balik kampong? :D

Here ppl call them ah tiong. Over there it's chena babi.

dun be stupid

why u so happy?

do u know their Malays always use this racist phase on their fellow Malaysian Chinese, and not the PRC

Hypersonic

Pls lar we already started after the GE... you should walk the ground more often

Who is the we?? MIW? All I know is that WE are still sponsoring 2000 of them every year to come here for free education <_<

Hypersonic

as sillyporean...all we need is just a little bit of patient.... [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Would our patience be rewarded?? Very hard to imagine.

I once read a report about those ah tiongs going overseas to give birth. It said this trend may reduce in the future as the environment in china gets better. I wonder how true that is... As I know it, ah tiongs are always looking for greener pasture. They regard going overseas to study, to stay, to breed as something that they are very proud of. If they return to their hometown, they will be looked up upon. I would say the trend will only become more serious and not the other way round.

Hypersonic

I dont think the gov its trying to reduce crime... its known that illegal indon imigrants causes more problem in Mal and many crime activities are committed by them, why target at Chinese?

Prositution?? there are many more criminal issue such as murder, robery, kidnap & etc that require more attention in Mal... why choose prostitution? ...

Nowada, many countries trying to pull chinese visitors cause they have $$$, but Malaysia did it another way round?? i think its racist case rather than anything else...

跟钱做对?They don't want money from ah tiongs??

not only ah tiong....ah neh also...now i go park run...no more like last time...last time only see ang mo and sillyporean... [laugh] [laugh] ...i think maybe we can just call it ""internationalisation""" !!!!

MY is muslim country and I'll not allow so many Chinese in their country, you won't find a single PRC in their f&b outlets, restaurants, etc. they restrict the visa to reduce the chance of PRC jump areoplane into MY like other nationality, they are more black than Chinese in MY.

Hypersonic

not only ah tiong....ah neh also...now i go park run...no more like last time...last time only see ang mo and sillyporean... [laugh] [laugh] ...i think maybe we can just call it ""internationalisation""" !!!!

You are right! Nowadays the playground near my place overrun by ah neh. Even the ah tiongs dun dare show up there :blink:

Who is the we?? MIW? All I know is that WE are still sponsoring 2000 of them every year to come here for free education <_<

It's now about reducing visas right? Or you talking about something else?

We= Singapore govt

Up to you to deemed it if it's miw

↡ Advertisement