Tennis Elbow

FastFastCar

1 hour ago, RadX said:

On the contrary, a stiffer rkt with a low setup works

im on msv twist mains, msv hex cross 48/45

also technique is impt. And esp the elbow flex. Minimise that. That said, SBH works well w this racket

6B7428C1-D0F4-4CC3-86EC-A22408B78EBA.jpeg

Radx is very strong and has good technique to be able to use this for serves, volleys and SBH. Can use 85 sq low power frame in a set is 👍

Even at my fittest, I could not use the more forgiving PS6.1 (the colourful frame) after the first set. 

↡ Advertisement

7 minutes ago, serenade said:

I keep two sets of rackets for different balls.

For Wilson US Open balls, I use Yonex Vcore 100SV strung with Tecnifibre HDMX at 48/44. Lower tension in the cooler months. USO balls are light and very hard out of the can. As I struggle for accuracy while generating pace with my usual rackets, I need a separate set just for these balls. 

For all other balls, I use Wilson Blade 104 v1, v3, v7 and v8. Strung with Volkl Cyclone Tour 17G mains with Yonex PTP on crosses.  Main string tension ranges from 46 to 41. Depending on ball condition and weather. The rackets have been weighted up to 330g gross. Big sweet spot and easy power/spin when needed. At my 60+ age, I need all the help I can muster from my rackets as I no longer can generate the racket head speeds I was able to when young.  

Wilson US Open ball, very hard.  But quite durable.

my fave is still Dunlop ATP for general play.  I also like AO balls, a bit heavier and thicker felt, can impart lots of spin

2 hours ago, RadX said:

On the contrary, a stiffer rkt with a low setup works

im on msv twist mains, msv hex cross 48/45

also technique is impt. And esp the elbow flex. Minimise that. That said, SBH works well w this racket

6B7428C1-D0F4-4CC3-86EC-A22408B78EBA.jpeg

Wah lau, laojiao racket.   Want to chiet people big big….

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, serenade said:

Radx is very strong and has good technique to be able to use this for serves, volleys and SBH. Can use 85 sq low power frame in a set is 👍

Even at my fittest, I could not use the more forgiving PS6.1 (the colourful frame) after the first set. 

He must be john Mac style lah, serve and volley

• Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

He must be john Mac style lah, serve and volley

The 1-2 also works with the oft FH

7 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Wilson US Open ball, very hard.  But quite durable.

my fave is still Dunlop ATP for general play.  I also like AO balls, a bit heavier and thicker felt, can impart lots of spin

Slaz still the best but the Wilson AO also v gd

dunlop ATP abt same

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Yonex rkts are my preferred now. Great for balance full range of shots. Ezone98 rocks 

moving away from Wilson

this is limpeh collection at hm

1D22AC7A-3566-4697-86B4-E5A90BB5D681.jpeg

Ezone gives easy access to spin and pace.  Too stiff for my wrist at volleys, which I do a lot in a set. I took the middle ground. Went for the Vcore which is in-between Ezone and Vcore Pro. 

Yonex is now a strong No 3 racket brand together with Head. Behind leaders Wilson and Babolat. 

• Praise 1

50 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

My single backhand is quite ok, its my double back hand.  Probably i too fat and inflexible, so cannot wind up much and cannot swing a big arc.

where is your homeground, Radxy

Travel around no fixed place

nus, SIa. Today found this fella died doing yoga on SIA courts😂😂

56A2E8F9-53F6-4721-A12B-EA59445CF85E.jpeg

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, serenade said:

Ezone gives easy access to spin and pace.  Too stiff for my wrist at volleys, which I do a lot in a set. I took the middle ground. Went for the Vcore which is in-between Ezone and Vcore Pro. 

Yonex is now a strong No 3 racket brand together with Head. Behind leaders Wilson and Babolat. 

Love it for the volleys and deft touch angle volleys 

1 minute ago, RadX said:

Slaz still the best but the Wilson AO also v gd

dunlop ATP abt same

I hate Slazenger.  
Dunlop AO, you mean.  Anyway now, using Dunlop ATP 100%.  Fresh can every session

3 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

I hate Slazenger.  
Dunlop AO, you mean.  Anyway now, using Dunlop ATP 100%.  Fresh can every session

Yah dunlop

AO

btw dbh, keep arms straight all the way even w follow

thru… but make sure contact is in front

unless you are giving topspin, then brush up vertically

My usual balls in decreasing preference:

1. Wilson Premier Tour (the former Wilson AO) - very durable in bounce and fur. Easily last 2 hrs even with big hitting 

2. Dunlop ATP - slightly lighter than the Premier Tour and lasts a tad shorter

3. Dunlop AO - keeps its bounce but goes botak fast. Lasts 1.5hr in my session

4. Tecnifibre Club - Close to Dunlop ATP in feel and durability

5. Teloon - Hard at first, but softens and stays constant. Goes botak same as AO. Advantage is cost

6. Slazenger - Best feel out of the can. Goes soft fast and turns fuzzy but lasts and lasts. Expensive

7. Wilson USO - Very hard out of can, but turns soft and bald fast. Lasts less than an hour. Cheapest ball, $5 per can when bought in bulk. Due to its low cost, we use a can every hour when the players are fussy.

10 minutes ago, RadX said:

Yah dunlop

AO

btw dbh, keep arms straight all the way even w follow

thru… but make sure contact is in front

unless you are giving topspin, then brush up vertically

I never trained in DBH before, so am just tryng to find my optimal striking spot and timing. 
Yeah my groundstrokes are mostly topspin.  
Contact always ideally in front whether forehand or backhand.