Credit card in compromising position.....!

KARTer

Not I said one but got a call from bank's xmm informing me bank disabled my card due to such a position they found My card displayed itself!!! Some attackers tried a one-dollar transaction thru Google short while ago. She will issue me a new card tonigh

is this a scam / trap?

↡ Advertisement

Not I said one but got a call from bank's xmm informing me bank disabled my card due to such a position they found My card displayed itself!!! Some attackers tried a one-dollar transaction thru Google short while ago. She will issue me a new card tonigh

is this a scam / trap?

u mean xmm deliver the card to your house TONIGHT? [inlove]

Edited by Jp66

is this a scam / trap?

your card definitely compromised. They must have got it online, etc.

the fraud dept is very on the ball now as many CCs have had their card data stolen and tried to be used

is this a scam / trap?

overheard few american sitting next to me talking about such incidents during lunch time, apparently the small amount was a testing transaction, if it went through they go for bigger transactions. The bank need to terminate the card immediately.

but the conversation was on their US credit card :huh:

is this a scam / trap?

Don't think scam. I kanna once too and someone from the bank called me almost near midnight to ask if I was in Israel. Obviously I was not so card was cancelled and new one issued.

PayPal also deduct $1 as a test right?

If some is able to deduct $1 from many CC account....wow....huat ah.

Good thing this time bank not napping. Heng!

overheard few american sitting next to me talking about such incidents during lunch time, apparently the small amount was a testing transaction, if it went through they go for bigger transactions. The bank need to terminate the card immediately.

but the conversation was on their US credit card :huh:

Oic. My fren dropped his card without knowing it when he was in the states. Less than an hour later, he got a call from bank asking him if he used his card to pump petrol in anothet town and they told him on their records his card was never used for petrol In last 10 years ie abnormal use suddenly! Upon verifying with my fren they terminated his card. This was 6 yrs ago. :o

your card definitely compromised. They must have got it online, etc.

the fraud dept is very on the ball now as many CCs have had their card data stolen and tried to be used

My last online buy was like eight mth ago..... These guys must be damn busy to use mine only now!! Or Bad guys also keng / jiak jua!!?

My last online buy was like eight mth ago..... These guys must be damn busy to use mine only now!! Or Bad guys also keng / jiak jua!!?

by delaying, they are thinking the bank and owners wont notice the "weird" transaction.

but now, its

bank 1: Fraudsters 0

any idea if the banks are so on is coz of the rule that dismisses liability on stolen cards?(bank lugi afterall if really proven card stolen. We pay $200, bank pay off the rest of transaction)

U must have millions for them to consider testing on you. [sweatdrop][laugh]

is this a scam / trap?

i just ordered something on alibaba with my posb mastercard.

however the final verification came via a sms password (OTP) sent to my phone so i can key in the code into the screen to authorize the payment. (just like you logging-on into your internet banking accounts ... SMS OTP.

so i believe this is safe.

You are in a compromising position if you pick up soap in a open public shower, or XMM (learn new abbrevation so must use it) open leg wide on MRT train, or wearing short skirt walking passing a reflective floor.

First time I heard credit card in compromising position. :p

On serious note, that is why it is dangerous to shop online or pass private information like passwords & credit card information. Always check credit card translations every month. Talk about it, I have not check for a long time as my credit card usage is very limited these days. Only time I used credit card ( & I used only once in the past 2 months) is buy air ticket online.

i just ordered something on alibaba with my posb mastercard.

however the final verification came via a sms password (OTP) sent to my phone so i can key in the code into the screen to authorize the payment. (just like you logging-on into your internet banking accounts ... SMS OTP.

so i believe this is safe.

only local purchases got that privilege.

overseas is anything goes

↡ Advertisement