Unusual or Rare Cars

Theoldjaffa

Your photo sala lah, that are ES8 / ES5 Civic, which is 2 gen newer. The LSi Civic at BBDC should look closer to this, including the plastic wheel cap. [;)]

19693824.jpg19693833.jpg

yes, you are absolutely right, sorry bro, my mistake - 2 generations some more....hehe.

BBDC that time was silver in colour

Recalled the instructors were quite good. Teach perfect Parking a lot by "memory"

and u r right too abt the plastic wheel cap!

↡ Advertisement

Your photo sala lah, that are ES8 / ES5 Civic, which is 2 gen newer. The LSi Civic at BBDC should look closer to this, including the plastic wheel cap. [;)]

19693824.jpg19693833.jpg

Thought the above civic is the early 90s de? The civic BBDC using on the other picture should be the early 2000 civic?!

Supercharged

my son is so inspired with the EK i driving now that when he first saw the EG in CDC, he decided to learn his driving with the last L plate EG.

so we actually spent our weekend camping at CDC just to get the private instructor's contact.  [:p]  crazy father and son.

20161210_124012a_zpsjfhpc3rp.jpg

• Praise 4

Ya lor, should be Civic Del Sol isn't it?

Didn't know much about this model, and rmb that the CRX shld have been a 3 dr hatchback based on the previous civic (the one before the EG series)

Did some research and yeah this is the Del Sol HAHA you're right!! (Dunno why the ad didnt put del sol)

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/honda/crx_3gen/crx_3gen/1992.html

Full name is Honda CRX Del Sol. Guess Honda wanted to keep the CRX name since it generated quite a fanbase?

Anw, seeing that the engine cap is 1595cc, this shld be the VTi or SiR version with either 158bhp or 168bhp (based on info in the link above)

Anw, the automobile catalog site I chanced upon is quite good for finding specs of many cars both old and new, bros can go there when free if you wanna find out stuff about cars hahaha

Cheers:)

• Praise 1

my son is so inspired with the EK i driving now that when he first saw the EG in CDC, he decided to learn his driving with the last L plate EG.

so we actually spent our weekend camping at CDC just to get the private instructor's contact.  [:p]  crazy father and son.

20161210_124012a_zpsjfhpc3rp.jpg

I hope his earnings from teaching driving can help him renew COE many times.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

I hope his earnings from teaching driving can help him renew COE many times.  [thumbsup]

I dont know if the young learners will want to be trained in such an old car. I know when I was a learner at BBDC, I prefer those newer Honda Civic Lsi than those 2nd hand units. Didnt know how to appreciate car then.

• Praise 1

Is this car currently still using for L plate learners? I thinking how many people would want to learn their driving using such an old car? Lol. Even many people now learn driving using autocar liao.

Supercharged

Is this car currently still using for L plate learners? I thinking how many people would want to learn their driving using such an old car? Lol. Even many people now learn driving using autocar liao.

Yes, this photo was taken just 2 weeks ago and my son is still learning with this EG. His biz is not bad though.

Yes, this photo was taken just 2 weeks ago and my son is still learning with this EG. His biz is not bad though.

Am thinking if there is any difference in the car handling when using this EG as compared with a new car?

Supercharged

Am thinking if there is any difference in the car handling when using this EG as compared with a new car?

for someone who has NO prior experience driving any cars, there would be NO different.

for my son, its just a dream come true for being able to go behind the wheel of his favourite EG.

something he could blare about to his children or his forum mates when he gets to our age like what we are doing now.  [:p]

Just send him overseas to study. Lots of EG, EK for him to choose.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement