New Mazda 3 selling@$118,988..Anyone interested?

Camrytron

Ya. Hard to believe it's already 3 years since the Forte came out. But manufacturers are getting real aggressive in their designs now. Take Hyundai for example. Still remember test-riding the Accent 1.3L at Komoco with my dad and the squarish boxy shape. From there, we've had the Getz/Matriz --> Verna/Avante --> new Elantra

Just read a write-up on the new Elantra Coupe. Apparently, they're copying Kia's strategy (which worked with the Koup).

Also read another one where Kia may launch a flagship saloon with FR drivetrain. THAT, I'll keep an eye out for. [thumbsup]

i think they missed the point

koup isn't a 1 to 1 copy of the forte, it had different styling features and is very obvious when compared to the forte

the elentra coupe looks exactly the same as the sedan, very disappointing

↡ Advertisement

Oh I'm driving a 1.6l, but running on 16" rims and no soundproofing. Also, I like to use the steptronic manual mode so perhaps that helps too ^_^

Yup, 1.6L same. I use the steptronic often at low speeds, 'cos I don't like the gear ratios (optimised for economy drive). I didn't know that would help in FC. On the contrary, I find myself downshifting from '3' to '2' quite often for a faster pickup (e.g. coming out from a tight turn).

i think they missed the point

koup isn't a 1 to 1 copy of the forte, it had different styling features and is very obvious when compared to the forte

the elentra coupe looks exactly the same as the sedan, very disappointing

Well, I guess from the example of the Tuscani, they're probably still trying to figure out how to do a proper coupe.

I've always had this fantasy of ripping the doors off my Mz3 and being able to re-engineer a coupe from it. [laugh] Add the MPS 2.3L engine, new tranny, FR drivetrain; and I'll be a real happy guy [inlove]

But that's not going to happen, obviously [laugh]

True, agreed. But at least the FC will become an advantage.

And if I have a very fuel-efficient engine, I think I would be more tempted to "zhua" the accelerator and pretend to be racing driver [drivingcar]

For 1.6l, Elantra looks quite good at the moment. Am wondering whether they'll have a new version of the Forte/Koup soon?

Seems like Elantra same as Forte. When Forte launched at that time, it's also looks quite good at that moment, but now heard people comment Forte has lose its charm. [rolleyes]

Hybrid batteries don't last as long as 10yrs.

It can last 5 yrs without problems, but after that, no guarantee liao. They may claim it lasts 10yrs, but bleah.....

See the fuel consumption drop like crazy after mid way of the battery life, i.e. 5yrs.

Turbo won't cause problems if the driver don't push the car to the limit. As with other components of the car. If don't take care properly, of course will give problems after a few years right??

I am not sure about the Civic Hybrid's battery, but have heard stories from owners having to replace them prematurely. I would think that the Prius's battery is more durable.

Have a look at this article which describes the experiences of a New York City hybrid cab driver: Link

what car u driving now? [:p]

Still the same Mzd3 SP20 bro [wave]

It has served me well so going to use it until COE expires :wub:

Miss your 146 [nosebleed] [nosebleed] [nosebleed]

Ha, funny you mentioned. Car audio shops refused to try to repair. Went back to Mazda Servicing Centre last year (when they were still at MacPherson), spent about $160 to repair the unit. Customer service person told me it'll cost me about $800-$1k if I asked for the CD changer to be replaced (warranty long over liaoz) [knife]

Guess what. After 3 months of working perfectly, the thing got stuck again.

Now I just listen to radio lor [:p]

lol looks like I better don't repair it sekali it spoils again 3 months then $160 gone to drain :D

I listen to radio most of the time anyway [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

$11,000 annual depreciation for a 1600cc car?

This money can spoil you for choice in the resale market.

Can even get a used Mercedes E200 (model before latest model).

bro may i ask u..how do you count the depreciation..im a newbie..sorry to bother

Should have just brought in the MPS version...always saw one near my workplace at woodlands and even at stock setup (I guess) it's really nice...2.0 I think..but Malaysian plate...

bro Mz3 MPS is 2.3L turbo

bro may i ask u..how do you count the depreciation..im a newbie..sorry to bother

sale price minus parf after 10 years. divide by 10.

119k - 10k (parf?)= 109k

109k / 10 = 10.9 per annum

not bad in these crazy times.

Neutral Newbie

119k - 10k (parf?)= 109k

wat is parf? sorry ah..i really newbie..

119k - 10k (parf?)= 109k

That is provided keeping the car for 10 years and the prevailing COE amount remains unchanged. Depreciation is the highest in the 1st 2 years

Neutral Newbie

lol looks like I better don't repair it sekali it spoils again 3 months then $160 gone to drain :D

I listen to radio most of the time anyway [laugh]

Can try installing a small device to play mp3s, can plug in thumbdrive or SD cards. Cost me about $120 a few years ago if I remember correctly at JDM.

Can try installing a small device to play mp3s, can plug in thumbdrive or SD cards. Cost me about $120 a few years ago if I remember correctly at JDM.

i use the FM transmittor $25. plug into iphone and tune HU to same frequency on transmittor. walah.....iphone ready. ^_^

↡ Advertisement