Newly-Commissioned 2LT Wears Shoulder Epaulette Upside Down

Vulcann

Poor guy did not even know his shoulder epaulettes were pinned upside down... :o:o:o

Just curious why his course mates or anyone passing by who had served did not point it out to him.

From STOMP:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...pside_down.html

Posted on 04 Feb 2012

Oops! Newly-commissioned SAF officer wears his shoulder ranks upside down

newlycommissioned_saf_officer_wears_shoulder_ranks_upside_down-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Xin sent in a photo of a newly-commissioned SAF officer -- only thing is, his shoulder ranks were upside down.

Said the STOMPer:

"I took this photo from facebook, there are lots of comments by netizens on it.

"It shows a newly-commissioned SAF officer wearing his ranks upside down on his shoulders.

"He and his family looks like they are from China."

Although some netizens on facebook felt this was disrespectful to Singapore and that the officer should have checked, others felt it was an honest mistake and should be forgiven; with his squad mates held responsible for not alerting him:

"I feel sorry for the guy. Whatever it is, local born or not, he's earned his rank. If his mum pinned the epaulettes on inverted by mistake, well it's an honest mistake. Whatever it is, she looks proud of her son so I say let them have their deserved moment without ridiculing them.

"All those who trolled here probably are not officers and are just quick to comment... The rank epaulette is affixed by family members and in most cases the officer stands at attention and looks forward and does not look down at his shoulder.. Lets face it, how many people look down at their own shoulders???

"If we should blame someone it should be his squad mates around him for not realising and telling him!!!"

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

to be fair, at least he made it thru and passed-out as an SAF officer.

how many here made it ??

"it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."

I thought it's the parents who will pin the rank on their shoulders? If they are from China what do you expect? :D

If I'm not wrong parents are invited to the parade square to do the honours of placing the rank on their son's shoulders.

Edited by Watwheels

I thought it's the parents who will pin the rank on their shoulders? If they are from China what do you expect? :D

If I'm not wrong parents are invited to the parade square to do the honours of placing the rank on their son's shoulders.

I would expect the occifer to ensure his loved ones know which way the eps go on ahead of time. At least, I made sure before my wife did it for me. Dry run never hurts. :D

Edited by Turboflat4

to be fair, at least he made it thru and passed-out as an SAF officer.

how many here made it ??

"it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."

err.. me?

SoM

Stupid stomper never make mistake in his life? STOMPER = F**ker

This is also true. There's no need to have made this poor occifer malu like this.

↡ Advertisement