SKODA Octavia vRS Combi Mk II

The_Bear

My friend loves the Superb at heart but his mind says Accord, both priced at $160k range.

He worry about resale, maintenance, badge, looks etc. for the Superb, I bet he will be pulling his hair again when he read this thread. [laugh]

Just show him Ril3k post on the feature list. I doubt Accord comes with even half of it. Even my Audi doesn't have 1/2 the impressive list of features.

But having said that, a fully loaded Audi is very nice, but so is the price. [laugh]

Also, as some have said, the engine is a gem. Coming from the acclaim VAG TSI engine variant, its no surprise.

I would pick the Superb in a heartbeat. Damn it, if this thread is posted 2 weeks ago, I may even go for this car also.

Tell your friend, if he get a Accord, it will just be another Honda, but if he will get a Superb car if he get the Skoda (Pun intended).

If Mat said its good, its good.

Edited by Kiadaw
↡ Advertisement

Nice write up bear bear, so when MU so you can squeeze us all in to give us a taxi ride [laugh]

It would not be a squeeze at all if I've gotten the Superb but I just like the Octavia's look better. :D

Damn you! You make me wish I am so over the MPV period...

Skoda doesn't have any MPVs in their lineup by any chance?

Your ride comes with 6 speed DSG?

I don't think Skoda have any MPV in their line up currently. [:(]

The vRS comes with the 6 speed DSG with paddle shift.

My friend loves the Superb at heart but his mind says Accord, both priced at $160k range.

He worry about resale, maintenance, badge, looks etc. for the Superb, I bet he will be pulling his hair again when he read this thread. [laugh]

Most of my friends were asking me "What? Skoda?" when I told them of my intention. Except one who said "Go ahead, get it out of your system." And I did exactly just that. ^_^

is the odometer in miles or in km?

It is in Km/h. But the multi-display digital odometer might be able to change to MPH, I'll try later. :D

Actually I think the vRS uses the mark V GTi engine, not the mark VI one. Unless they updated it, of course. Good engine nonetheless. [drivingcar]

There is a factory production tag in the car boot. Engine Code: CCZA (Saw it when I inspected the car at HA and that sort of clinched the deal) ^_^

It is in Km/h. But the multi-display digital odometer might be able to change to MPH, I'll try later. :D

... odometer bro, not speedometer

5000 miles but 70km in a day is frankly confusing for a pea brain like myself.

but yah, skoda really so good ah. anybody drove one more than 5 years?

... odometer bro, not speedometer

5000 miles but 70km in a day is frankly confusing for a pea brain like myself.

but yah, skoda really so good ah. anybody drove one more than 5 years?

Oh. Odo and Speedo both in km/h. ^_^

It is 8000km on my odo now. I converted it miles because it sounded like the 500miles song.

So far so good but it is only 2 months plus so I am not in a position to make that call yet. Which is also why I waited 5,000 miles before posting my review.

Edited by Bavarian

Oh. Odo and Speedo both in km/h. ^_^

It is 8000km on my odo now. I converted it miles because it sounded like the 500miles song.

So far so good but it is only 2 months plus so I am not in a position to make that call yet. Which is also why I waited 5,000 miles before posting my review.

seriously, really worth considering?

There is a factory production tag in the car boot. Engine Code: CCZA (Saw it when I inspected the car at HA and that sort of clinched the deal) ^_^

Haha, the CCZ engine was the deal breaker for me too. There is a tag on the engine that states CCZ. The tech at HA also told me that CCZ engine is used in the Mk 6 GTI.

Edited by Newkid

better than many of the cockster so called Blog Writers who cut and paste other ppl's story in MCF.

Kudos to Bavarian!

Very nice review. Better than some car journalists in local car mag.

Now you need to post some pictures, before the NPNT police come knocking.

Most of my friends were asking me "What? Skoda?" when I told them of my intention. Except one who said "Go ahead, get it out of your system." And I did exactly just that. ^_^

I just email this thread link, hopes he gets the message. :D