PAP & SMRT fat bonus&salaries, NO accountability

NightWind

You know why the employ SMRT CEO this Msian?

Because it's cheaper not better nor faster.

But at least she got 1 criterion passed. That id the most important too

↡ Advertisement

even if the management only stand one corner give out bottled water

i see already also song.

they are damn TMD high and mighty

cheap?? I think her pay is S$1.7million last year. I guess cheap is a relative thing. [:p]

Ask her go back Malaysia to manage KTM rail lah ... [:p]

KTM rail now is more reliable than our MRT. It used to be late, break down often, not now. I missed once 'cos reached TP station on the dot. [bigcry] The train departed on the dot.

So, don't think she qualifies for KTM job also. [laugh]

Renson Seow Sir, I am going to say what your civil servants and advisors fear to say plainly to you.

Your political image is taking one heck of a beating sir. And it is going to get worse tommorrow as the remaining folks in Singapore who haven't yet heard the news realise what had just happened to our world-class transport system.

I know enough about a ministry to know that a minister isn't some all-knowing deity who can keep the trains running all the time. But I also know that public anger is at an all-time high, considering that the public has had no outlet to vent after the taxi price hikes. They are not likely to take kindly to the slow work of a 'health check'.

Luck has now provided a perfect outlet for the public to release their pent-up taxi-hike anger... While a single failure can be explained away as bad luck, two in a row is enough to convince even a skeptic to suspect that SMRT is cutting back on proper maintenance in preference of hitting record profits.

The common thread between taxis and trains is you and your portfolio sir. "Transport". That says it all. That is all that the average angered Singaporean cares about in seeking something to blame. And frankly, if you are not seen to be coming down with drastic, harsh action against SMRT, you will, fairly or unfairly, be taking the brunt of it.

I feel that you had been pretty sincere in personally riding the trains to find how things are on the ground. It personifies leadership 'from the front', and gave you some good vibes from a lot of ex-NSmen who value such things. But you are going to squander that sir, if you are perceived to be on the side of SMRT.

Fairly or unfairly sir, the public is out for blood. And I'm afraid that your portfolio is going to get run right over if it stands between them and SMRT.

7 hours ago

KTM rail now is more reliable than our MRT. It used to be late, break down often, not now. I missed once 'cos reached TP station on the dot. [bigcry] The train departed on the dot.

So, don't think she qualifies for KTM job also. [laugh]

Since she is deeply involved with tai chin Club/Assoc etc, maybe she can retire as emurites taichin master (or mistress).............. also moonlight as senior consultant for hair-dyes.. write a book on "How to be a Punky Lao Auntie"... :D

These things will prepare her to compile her expert thoughts for her agan datang best seller:-

"Making of A 3rd World MRT In Record Time"

Edited by KARTer

... plus, must do a check on her network/connection how she landed the CEO job?? :o

They can start drawing their pension starting from age 55

We can only start to draw down our CPF from age 65 [:(]

This is interesting!!?? ............ the gap is too big if not shouldnt exist at all

maybe they need the delay in CPF withdrawal (by peasants) to suppork/sponsor the early pension commencement? from our pockets to their? damn blady smart :angry:

Edited by KARTer

the opportunity to hold them accountable was squandered by 60.1% , now must wait 4yr++ to have the chance again,

but chance will be remote with all the new citizens...

A BIG THANK YOU TO THOSE IN THE 60.1% WHO KNOWINGLY VOTED

Knowing:- their 'track record' in recent years of making sgp go downhill in some key aspects of common men's life.

I always see SMRT malaysian CEO Saw Phaik Hwa in her sleek Mercedes S500 driving around Bishan Junction 8, is there an SMRT HQ there?

Sigh, guess she will still get her million dollar year end bonus..

I wonder if there are citizens are out know that she and Ho Ching are good friends? So how to remove a CEO ? So how Lui gonna talk to her ?

Looking at the thread topic, whatever happens to the minister salary review committee report?

Thought it is supposed to be out this month?

Why, announce it on X'mas day as a present to the people of Singapore?

<_<

Edited by Vulcann

A BIG THANK YOU TO THOSE IN THE 60.1% WHO KNOWINGLY VOTED

Knowing:- their 'track record' in recent years of making sgp go downhill in some key aspects of common men's life.

its repentance time............... [sweatdrop]

[:p]

Looking at the thread topic, whatever happens to the minister salary review committee report?

Thought it is supposed to be out this month?

Why, announce it on X'mas day as a present to the people of Singapore?

<_<

The review committee has to face 'hidden' forces...... (assuming in the first place its members are genuinely concerned about a truthful review)

No pt keep mention abt the 60.1... Even SMRT everyday break down they will still vote them as their threshold for miw nonsense got no limit. Now we muz educate those young future voters instead

↡ Advertisement