PAP & SMRT fat bonus&salaries, NO accountability

NightWind

The PAP and SMRT management has become complacent with fat bonuses and salaries, ZERO and NO accountability for failures.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/train-faults-on-n...y-stations.html

Trains came to a sudden halt and the electricity went out, leaving passengers stranded with no lights or air-conditioning on Thursday evening.

Some passengers resorted to breaking a train window to get air into the cabin; at least one woman was said to have fainted.

Riders who were evacuated walked through the underground tunnel to the next MRT train station.

These were some of the scenes reported by those among thousands of commuters hit by a massive outage along SMRT

↡ Advertisement

Kenzaki 21 minutes ago

Evacuation is always flawless during drills. When the real thing happen, panic everywhere, from top to bottom. Oh, sorry! Panic only from the bottom, the ground staff, the people who face the public. The top? Where are they? Where are those Million Dollars club members? Probably enjoying their dinner in some posh restaurants, entertaining their high profile friends or business associates. Leaving all the ground work to, who else, their ground staff!

If this happened in Japan, the top heads would come out to the public and apologise with a bow, and resign if the situation is very serious. In Singapore, the top heads rarely show their face, even when they screwed up big time. They care not if they should come out and apologise in front of national TV with a bow. They only care if they wake up the next morning, after all the good food and drinks, that they cannot clear their bowel.Replies (2)

Kelvim:

The 60% per cent stupid voter, now you see, they increase taxi, bus, smrt and rocket COE price. and they are giving us lousy service. please open your eyes.

Now you get lousy people like transport minister Lui, gerald of PTC, and CEO of SMRT, can someone please remove them. they are not the voice of people but the voice of money.

they have no ideas, only solution is always increase price.

Please remove them as they don't care about the low and average people.Reply

Miao chin Nui 37 minutes

lky says "WE PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR TOP TALENT", n thus begins the FAT CAT culture.

this statement is really karma defying as i try to show u some CEO flops.

MDM HOCHING - u tell me how many billions she has squandered.

BP TONY HAYWARD - while people in the gulf are reeling from the oil spill, our friend has the cheek to say "I WANT MY LIFE BACK".

SMRT SAW - we can see clearly now she's the current top of the flops

and now for the pretentious glamorous PM LEE - do sporeans know that the govt is now

heavily in debt to the tune of at least usd200 billions? they dont owe the world banks,

the owe CPF (the govt owes the people, get it?)

the lesson here is clear - if u want astronomical salaries, PLS MIND THE GAP

Neutral Newbie

I always see SMRT malaysian CEO Saw Phaik Hwa in her sleek Mercedes S500 driving around Bishan Junction 8, is there an SMRT HQ there?

Sigh, guess she will still get her million dollar year end bonus..

PAP

UnTOUCHABLE

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I always see SMRT malaysian CEO Saw Phaik Hwa in her sleek Mercedes S500 driving around Bishan Junction 8, is there an SMRT HQ there?

She's there to inspect the Bishan Depot and make sure nobody vandalise the station lah.

They don't give a s--t lah. They will ask you back 'got people die or not??'. If not, let's move on.

and they add:" No train crash or go down the valley, right? what's the big deal? our trains are safer than China's.... less crowded than those in India..."

Supercharged

the opportunity to hold them accountable was squandered by 60.1%,

now must wait 4yr++ to have the chance again,

but chance will be remote with all the new citizens...

and they add:" No train crash or go down the valley, right? what's the big deal? our trains are safer than China's.... less crowded than those in India..."

Yah, they are always comparing with those countries that have lousier facilities. Why don't they compare to countries like HK, Taiwan or Japan?

Very soon, you will see a 'survey' in the papers saying passengers are satisfied with the MRT, etc.

There's simply no accountability. No head need to roll and the head no need to apologize.

Yah, they are always comparing with those countries that have lousier facilities. Why don't they compare to countries like HK, Taiwan or Japan?

Very soon, you will see a 'survey' in the papers saying passengers are satisfied with the MRT, etc.

There's simply no accountability. No head need to roll and the head no need to apologize.

Hey but but the 60.1% chose this right? expensive cabfares, mrt , bus fares, expensive cars, expensive flats. Very expensive MINISTARS

For us, expected to be low salaries and somemore ask to be cheaper, faster and better..than FTs

Now we can only LLST but have to wait unti 2016 [:(]

Accountability not in their dictionary ...... to them only words like bonus, pension and obscene salary matter

They can start drawing their pension starting from age 55

We can only start to draw down our CPF from age 65 [:(]

Ask her go back Malaysia to manage KTM rail lah ... [:p]

even people die also they will still move on... [[laugh] [laugh]

our country is built on corpses. [furious]

where got swiss standard [:|]

by corpses i meant those abandoned in exchange for progress or further progress.

it does not mean you are educated or rich you are safe already. [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Csnewbie