How to People Managed to Drive With Bald Tyres?

Escksu

LOL, no I didn't, but I know who did for his wife....the husband of the black QQ driver.

:D

unless you just bought a 10mil policy for her [lipsrsealed]  [lipsrsealed]

:grin:

↡ Advertisement

LOL, no I didn't, but I know who did for his wife....the husband of the black QQ driver.

:D

haaaaaaaaaaa

Some people don't put as much thought / effort / consideration in the entire driving experience lah.. But this one is safety related. Then again the QQ cannot go very fast. But with such tires, it cannot stop  ^_^

Talk about tires, yesterday alone I saw 1 car and 1 truck with swollen rear tire. Didn't look like under inflated, more like the tire inner part got torn. Super dangerous! Wanted to inform them but didn't know how cos they were driving quite fast n ran off. Driving behind them also quite scary.... 

Tyres bald until like this still can drive? Maybe dry weather nothing might happen but wet weather very dangerous lo.

Even driving on dry road can be challenging with such "bare" tyres. And confirm will ski when turning corner on concrete surface, as the tyres have no grip at all.

Driving car with such bald tyres are akin to murder, where lives may be lost in an accident!

If you ask me to bet my last dollar on the profile of the owner/driver of this Cherry QQ, it must have been a lady.

Most of them are only good for refuelling when the "empty fuel tank" light lights up. Rest of the maintenance are strictly not their dai ji.

I seldom drive my CO's car, but I make it a point to drive it at least once a month to do a check on the physical condition and top up the tyre pressure, top up washer fluid. I think getting things done myself is easier than to nag at her to do it. They simply do not put priority in these stuff over their daily "concerns".

Just recently swapped out a set of brand new fresh tyres to replace the 3yr old ones although the threads are still more than 60% (she does low mileage for her car). After the change, the handling felt much better, more grip, ride is more pliant, feels safer in the rain.

So for you guys with CO/GF driving their own cars, for the sake of their safety and the rest of the road users, please help them with regular simple tyre checks and top-ups of the tyre pressure. [laugh]

Tyres will harden after sometime (typically 2 years), so braking performance will be compromised. Good for you to swap the 3 years old tyres with new one. [thumbsup]

• Praise 4

If you ask me to bet my last dollar on the profile of the owner/driver of this Cherry QQ, it must have been a lady.

Most of them are only good for refuelling when the "empty fuel tank" light lights up. Rest of the maintenance are strictly not their dai ji.

I seldom drive my CO's car, but I make it a point to drive it at least once a month to do a check on the physical condition and top up the tyre pressure, top up washer fluid. I think getting things done myself is easier than to nag at her to do it. They simply do not put priority in these stuff over their daily "concerns".

Just recently swapped out a set of brand new fresh tyres to replace the 3yr old ones although the threads are still more than 60% (she does low mileage for her car). After the change, the handling felt much better, more grip, ride is more pliant, feels safer in the rain.

So for you guys with CO/GF driving their own cars, for the sake of their safety and the rest of the road users, please help them with regular simple tyre checks and top-ups of the tyre pressure. [laugh]

good on you bro

Bro, this pix of the black Chery QQ with botak tyres was taken at Blk 66 Kallang Bahru, in front of the audio shop.

I already back in my office at Loyang. Too lazy to drive back now to get regd plate. [:p]

Not stereotyping but the owner might be watching his/her cost and limiting spending on the car at the expense of others safety.  [thumbsdown]

• Praise 4

Twincharged

There is no strict legal limit for bald tyres....but this definitely fail the common sense limit along with testing the limits of natural selection.

I thought it is 1.6mm? Or else can get fined by LTA or cannot pass inspection. But 2-3mm tread depth already quite scary imo.

I thought it is 1.6mm? Or else can get fined by LTA or cannot pass inspection. But 2-3mm tread depth already quite scary imo.

wa lau...1.6mm? I 3mm change aldy

• Praise 1

Twincharged

wa lau...1.6mm? I 3mm change aldy

Yeah. I think below that then fail inspection. That is why second hand tire shop got so good business. Those company van always use old tires.

Yeah. I think below that then fail inspection. That is why second hand tire shop got so good business. Those company van always use old tires.

that why accident lor, esp in rain

This takes the cake, with all 4 tyres worn well beyond the legal limit

go poke with some nails and flatten all 4, can save everyone else on the road

1.6mm? On a hot day or cold day?

you get what I am insinuating....

• Praise 1

Twincharged

1.6mm? On a hot day or cold day?

you get what I am insinuating....

Ya la. But if anywhere close to that figure already quite scary. LTA should get them off the roads.

Good job, that way you know your CO/GF won't go and bang other people.

Maybe swap the bald tyres to your own car instead?  [rolleyes]

Twincharged

This takes the cake, with all 4 tyres worn well beyond the legal limit

I think this car should be from M'sia,S'pore "GoodYear" no more selling NCT 5..for a long time.

↡ Advertisement