Punggol Watertown project

Panerex77

ahaaa...so they make the buyers drunk first so they blur-blur buy? [:p][laugh][laugh]

next, one of the sample bedroom will have [gorgeous] waiting for "test drive"..... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

yalor.. now is "punggol 21+" wor.... dont worry, we'll have punggol21++ in ~ year 2020... [laugh]

no more ++. The plan is more or less confirmed. Nothing much else expect upcoming stadium and SAFRA Club. Waiting for confirmation of integrated bus interchange

no more ++. The plan is more or less confirmed. Nothing much else expect upcoming stadium and SAFRA Club. Waiting for confirmation of integrated bus interchange

Seriously, what makes Punggol warrant >$1200 psf? Just because of a development and a bus interchange? Then Clementi/ Bedok should be 1500 psf being more developed... TPY should be 1800 and so-forth [cool]

yalor.. now is "punggol 21+" wor.... dont worry, we'll have punggol21++ in ~ year 2020... [laugh]

dun laff. ++ may juz come true.

the last time gahmen wanted to develop punggol 21, the economy tanked and had to KIV.

now wif P21+, economy looks like heading south again.

Hey, been living in Punggol for 8 years. Everytime, year in year out, when people heard that I am a resident of Punggol, they said the town is developing into very nice integrated town very soon. Strange thing is that they are not residents of Punggol. Well, I am still waiting man. Please think twice if you are thinking of sinking money into condominiums here!

Edited by Toothiewabbit

Seriously, what makes Punggol warrant >$1200 psf? Just because of a development and a bus interchange? Then Clementi/ Bedok should be 1500 psf being more developed... TPY should be 1800 and so-forth [cool]

It's no longer about the proximity to CBD that commands a higher premium.

It's now about lifestyle, where u can get from the MRT to the doorstep without being exposed to the weather.

In the past there were many traditional beliefs that have been proven wrong. City Sq Residences, right next to Little India is still commanding a premium.

A ulu place like Tanjong Rhu with poor public transport connection is also commanding a premium.

Geylang being so close to CBD, does not.

FEO has a reputation of changing the neighbourhood landscape.

Let's see how upmarket AMK town centre becomes once Centro is completed, and also their project at jct of YCK Rd and Jln Kayu.

I think we shd recognise FEO as a game changer.

It's now about lifestyle, where u can get from the MRT to the doorstep without being exposed to the weather.

In the past there were many traditional beliefs that have been proven wrong. City Sq Residences, right next to Little India is still commanding a premium.

A ulu place like Tanjong Rhu with poor public transport connection is also commanding a premium.

Let's see how upmarket AMK town centre becomes once Centro is completed, and also their project at jct of YCK Rd and Jln Kayu.

Good points. I remembered seeing an ad for Icon back in 2003 and it say "from 300k+". The economy wasn't doing well and I was thinking to myself, why would anyone want to stay in business district ? There's no life after 6pm when all the shops closed.

Fast forward to 2005 when City Square was launched. I remembered saying to myself that traffic will be damn bad and it is near to Mustafa. I thought being near to Singapore casket is a negative point for Citylights and it was going for 800+ psf for a LH.

All these properties that I listed, I am sure many people back then had exactly the same thinking as me but who's laughing now ?

You mentioned Tanjong Rhu which is a perfect example. Back in the old days, it was industrial/warehouse and the river stank because of waste being thrown into it. The government clean up the place and rezone it for residential and the rest is history.

but but people laughed at me when.i bought my.new 5room flat at $480psf...

my place is an.old.town tpy..

Are the apartments in Compass Heights, build right above the biggest mall in Sengkang and connected to the Sengkang MRT station selling at prices more than Quartz, which is one station away in the same estate, next to Buangkok MRT station. FYI, Quartz costs more even after adjusting for the age of the 2 condo. Quartz is not a game changing development.

While I agree prices of apartments connected to the train network will naturally command a premium due to the govt's zero COE growth policy, it is hard to believe FEO is a game changer, they are just good at marketing such projects, perhaps the best in town. Sorry, I will pay slightly more to buy prime than buy into a concept that has yet to be proven to be able to withstand the test of time and market turbulence.

Edited by Voodooman

The reason that city sq residence , icon, tanjong rhu commends a premimu is due to their proximity to Town/CBD....

Not everything that FEO touches turn to gold...

See SERENITY PARK ...price moves 600psf to 800psf from 2009 to end 2011...nothing spectular..

http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Web/inde...fo&prop=261

FREEHOLD condominium located at Tamarind Road, near Yio Chu Kang MRT Station. With the Ang Mo Kio Hub and Jalan Kayu located close by, residents will enjoy a host of dining options mere minutes away.

Surrounded by natural greenery, Serenity Park leads you away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It is ideal for those seeking a quiet and relaxed lifestyle. This lovely development is near the future Seletar Aerospace Park, which is poised to be a world-class aviation hub that is expected to generate 10,000 jobs in the area.

If it is located at tpy town centre its good price...if not you're screwed...

I live in Punggol and when you open your eyes and look carefully at Punggol and it's surroundings, you will laugh at people paying 1200psf for an apartment.

thats why i'm waiting for economic crash badly

with my home fully paid and secure job

i will start and pick and choose those repossess condo unit at waterfront

Punggol is definitely faster to raffles place using KPE, as compared to Hillview area and Clementi using PIE/AYE. And u dun have to worry about floods :)

once you have tried KPE, u will be amazed by the convenience. Punggol is farther in terms of absolute distance, this is the truth. But then we are not talking about walking right...

Wait until LTA turn the ERP gantries along KPE on.. And charges the rate of CTE..

Punggol will take a while to develop. How long I don't know. Eventually will be like Pasir Ris & Tampines.

However well developed, you can never compare these places to matured estate nearer to town like Clementi, AMK & TPY. Proximity to CBD / Orchard area does command a premium.

BTW, food in Punggol & SengKang is horrendous!! You can never find good hawker food at any of the foodcourts or kopi tiam. That is, if you can find any near your place. Nearest place for decent food is Hougang or Kovan...

Buying property can never go wrong in singapore, as long as you have holding power during bad times. Or unless political unrest in singapore, natural disaster etc. but no one can predict this..so if u have cash, ca u use the cash to earn cash and keep up with the inflation rate?

Buying prop is a personal choice really...grab it if u like it..walk away if u dont..thats simple..

↡ Advertisement