Punggol Watertown project

Panerex77

read the ST article abt watertown prices ranging from 800psf to $1500psf!!! [shocked] hope it's a typo error coz if any goondu actualli paid $1500psf for a LH, heartland, mass-mkt project in a ulu location, confirm muz tattoo the word robert on the forehead liao. [laugh]

:D[laugh] Totally agree. > $1000 psf is not right for that location. It's overhyped!!!

↡ Advertisement

All ppl who buy GCB, detached or semi-d all stupid. Shld buy hdb. Better returns.

Last time my friend's mother buy 535. I said to him why bother, might as well get 523 since she drive so slowly. He answered ' becos she got money mah'.

All ppl who buy GCB, detached or semi-d all stupid. Shld buy hdb. Better returns.

Last time my friend's mother buy 535. I said to him why bother, might as well get 523 since she drive so slowly. He answered ' becos she got money mah'.

Good lor, let this be a form of "rich tax" and let them contribute to the economy.

:D[laugh] Totally agree. > $1000 psf is not right for that location. It's overhyped!!!

the early adopters oredi kena con one round by the 'punggol 21' hype.

now it looks like round two...........ting-ting. [:p]

The developers are pushing their luck and testing record highs. They are also first to cry foul when they themselves got burnt, I won't be least sympathetic when that happens.

Share my view. My experience.

For the past five years i had rented out my punggol hdb. rented to a few stewardess. until recently for the past 3 years rented to indians from india. for about $2200. 90% that comes to view is indian. and they are very calculative. Keep on press down my rent. And doesn't upkeep my place. If you think if you buy watertown and expect a decent rental return dream on. i tell you they would not even pay $3000. why pay $3000 to stay in punggol when you can have the same place for $3000 to stay in katong? where there are so much more eateries and shoping alternative to town.

Believe me when i said 90% that came to view my flat is indians and they are very dirty and calculative.

Best return for property is hdb. if i can buy 10 hdb i buy.

You are brave bro, very brave to rent to Indians. If you don't intend to stay back there again, then it's fine. Else it is difficult to get rid of the smell. I don't mean they smell bad, but it is the smell of the food that they prepare. It is like living in a prata shop forever.

read the ST article abt watertown prices ranging from 800psf to $1500psf!!! [shocked] hope it's a typo error coz if any goondu actualli paid $1500psf for a LH, heartland, mass-mkt project in a ulu location, confirm muz tattoo the word robert on the forehead liao. [laugh]

I went for the preview much earlier. Because they serve free beer on that night. To begin, the salesperson actually showed me examples of waterfront living from other cities such as Sydney and Melbourne. I was thinking how to compare that waterfront and this waterfront. This is a manmade longkang while Sydney and Melbourne are real waterfront. You can even smell the seawater. I got turned off even by then and after they told me the price is 1200 psf, I just asked them for the beer.

I went for the preview much earlier. Because they serve free beer on that night. To begin, the salesperson actually showed me examples of waterfront living from other cities such as Sydney and Melbourne. I was thinking how to compare that waterfront and this waterfront. This is a manmade longkang while Sydney and Melbourne are real waterfront. You can even smell the seawater. I got turned off even by then and after they told me the price is 1200 psf, I just asked them for the beer.

ahaaa...so they make the buyers drunk first so they blur-blur buy? [:p][laugh][laugh]

I wouldn't pay even $1k psf for that place, and the 800 psf is probably a strata unit at >3000 sq ft. And yes there are quite a few goondus [wave]

I wouldn't pay even $1k psf for that place, and the 800 psf is probably a strata unit at >3000 sq ft. And yes there are quite a few goondus [wave]

I think FEO has no choice because they bid very high for the land

Have you been to punggol or sengkang? I dont stay there nor marketing any units there but my in laws stay ard there....there are many coffeeshops springing up everywhere.....there are at least 3 coffeeshop just across each directions where my in law stay and they dont stay near central...all within 5mins walk...

Dunno leh. Everytime i visit Sengkang and Punggol seems more difficult to find a coffeeshop than those estate at Bedok and Tampines.

haha....u muz be an ah pek like me. seen the dark, dark days when property prices in sg tanked to silly levels and margin calls, bank sale auctions were taking place. wonder these 'watertown' buyers know they r on a very slippery slope by paying these kinda ridiculous prices for such a location when dark clouds oredi can be seen.

haha....those days were terrible...

massive retrenchment in 2001....

SARS in 2003....many business closed down, including the famous $2 shop in suntec....

2005....university graduates sells fish ball noodles....

haha...now everyone forget about all these and thinks that rainy days will never come...

What goes up will come down....when the tide goes out then we'll know who's been swimming naked....

then that's when the great singapore sales starts!!

Edited by Neoscan

my mum used to tell me dont stay punggol cos there very 'dirty'.

as for uni grad selling fishball noodle, i have a fren with UOL degree selling fishball noodle now and he is only 30yo

Nobody can predict the future but those buying now esp those testing new highs are buying at the spike of the property cycle (i wouldn't say peak since nobody can predict).

They will take a long time to recoup their investment esp if a correction happen. Pray nothing happen to them or their jobs for the next 20-30 yrs and there should be no problem (only heart pain if price drop).

In singapore, property investment....(or in general all investment) is about HOLDING POWER...

When the storm strikes....then you'll know which trees has deep roots...

Back then price in D9/D10 held firm...because these investors has HOLDING POWER...

Share my view. My experience.

For the past five years i had rented out my punggol hdb. rented to a few stewardess. until recently for the past 3 years rented to indians from india. for about $2200. 90% that comes to view is indian. and they are very calculative. Keep on press down my rent. And doesn't upkeep my place. If you think if you buy watertown and expect a decent rental return dream on. i tell you they would not even pay $3000. why pay $3000 to stay in punggol when you can have the same place for $3000 to stay in katong? where there are so much more eateries and shoping alternative to town.

Believe me when i said 90% that came to view my flat is indians and they are very dirty and calculative.

Best return for property is hdb. if i can buy 10 hdb i buy.

u didnt work with any FT india before?? if im renting out, i will never rent to indian. period.. [:p]

the early adopters oredi kena con one round by the 'punggol 21' hype.

now it looks like round two...........ting-ting. [:p]

yalor.. now is "punggol 21+" wor.... dont worry, we'll have punggol21++ in ~ year 2020... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement