Punggol Watertown project

Panerex77

i stayed in Seng Kang, already have funny smell on certain nites. Punggol is nearer to Pasir Gundang will kenna too. The other is noise pollution from the jet fighter..

Thanks for the information! i have asked my colleagues living in yishun. they say dont have.. But there are newspaper reports which reported that some yishun residents complained about the smell :ph34r:

About 1 month ago, i was in sebawang park, at night, and i saw a big orange fire coming from MY side. now i realise it is pasir gudang. i could smell the burned smell in sembawang park. when i drove back to woodlands, no more bad smell

funny thing is this: from the map, pasir gudang appears to be equally near to sembawang, yishun and ponggol coastline. how come only ponggol fellows seem to get it real bad?

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for the information! i have asked my colleagues living in yishun. they say dont have.. But there are newspaper reports which reported that some yishun residents complained about the smell :ph34r:

About 1 month ago, i was in sebawang park, at night, and i saw a big orange fire coming from MY side. now i realise it is pasir gudang. i could smell the burned smell in sembawang park. when i drove back to woodlands, no more bad smell

funny thing is this: from the map, pasir gudang appears to be equally near to sembawang, yishun and ponggol coastline. how come only ponggol fellows seem to get it real bad?

This gotta do with the wind directions... You don't get the strange smells / dust all year round at punggol also.

Smell thingy has been around since day one. Think you'll probably get use to it. There's also strange dust particles that gets blown into your home at times. Dunno where's the source. Not sure if these will affect your health...

The noise from the planes is not that bearable especially on weekdays...

Thanks for the information too!

Do you mean "not that unbearable"?

I stay in Sengkang but have never had the burnt smell. Only time was the smell from the big pile of s--t compound left by Koh Bros at the site near Punggol park. Think they got fined

This gotta do with the wind directions... You don't get the strange smells / dust all year round at punggol also.

:ph34r: i hope air pollution from pasir gudang side is not going to be bad :ph34r:

:ph34r: i hope air pollution from pasir gudang side is not going to be bad :ph34r:

u kidding?? m'sia stds of pollution control depends on the kopi $$.

it's prob cheaper for the cronies to pay kopi $$ than put in environmental control measures.

I stay in Sengkang but have never had the burnt smell. Only time was the smell from the big pile of s--t compound left by Koh Bros at the site near Punggol park. Think they got fined

Looks like the the pollution from pasir gudang side may be overhyped [speechless]

Thanks for the information too!

Do you mean "not that unbearable"?

I mean it's really irritating & unbearable!!! Especially for those with young babies at home... Babies will be scared til lao green sai when you have the sudden high pitched jet engine screech from the fighter jets...

Then again, the only consolation is that they stand down at night & weekends...

u kidding?? m'sia stds of pollution control depends on the kopi $$.

it's prob cheaper for the cronies to pay kopi $$ than put in environmental control measures.

:ph34r: like that die siah :ph34r:

I mean it's really irritating & unbearable!!! Especially for those with young babies at home... Babies will be scared til lao green sai when you have the sudden high pitched jet engine screech from the fighter jets...

Then again, the only consolation is that they stand down at night & weekends...

looks like jet planes is causing more problems than pasir gudang :ph34r:

:ph34r: like that die siah :ph34r:

pasir gudang is like the throw-rubbish backyard of johor where pollutive industries like the powerplant, shipbuilding, petrolchemical are.

U bot the Canopy right?

That side ok lah. My wife's family lives there.

No smell.

U bot the Canopy right?

That side ok lah. My wife's family lives there.

No smell.

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop] whoa!!!! heng ah!!!!! [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

i wanted a nice, quiet, clean air, clean water, cheap place. when i read about pasir gudang yesterday, i freaked out :wacko::blink:

Edited by Mustank

I just have a diferent view on the project as at 1200 psf, there are just lots of options and there will be properties nearer to town that will compete with you for rental and you are likely to lose out unless you are willing to drop rent.

not sure how true this is,insider said the roadmap for next 50 years for housing in sinkieland is going to have more condos/apartment built in place of BTOs/EC hdbs.

maybe 100 years later,hdb is truly for the poorest.

Buying property can never go wrong in singapore, as long as you have holding power during bad times. Or unless political unrest in singapore, natural disaster etc. but no one can predict this..so if u have cash, ca u use the cash to earn cash and keep up with the inflation rate?

Buying prop is a personal choice really...grab it if u like it..walk away if u dont..thats simple..

If everybody think like that then a lot of property developers n agent will be laughing to the bank...I do not think Punggol pte property is a good bet if u r talking abt investment at current climate... but those who really like it alot... hv other various supporting reasons to purchase it...n most importantly, location is nt a concern..then it shldnt deter u...if u wan to buy a property...u shld hv taken budget into ur consideration....it shld nt be the last item on ur list... Remember this...property is nt like money..u cannt cash out anytime u feel like it...w the change in political climate...one cannot never say never... [cool]

As an investor, I won't consider Ponggol, unless they move CBD and Orchard road to ponggol.

dont be surprised there will be a mini cbd near the jln kayu aeropark.

just like the CBP and IBP.

↡ Advertisement