Our children: work harder but.....

KARTer

Singaporeans feel (rightly so) that each succeeding generation should enjoy a better lifestyle as the economy grows. Instead, young couples are getting smaller flats in further-flung areas with fewer amenities, even as the quality of flats has risen.

Small and limited land size could be part of the reasons for this.

If for spg's limited land size, we need 6m pple to support the economy which in turn supports the survival and living standard of the same 6m, how many more pple we need to maintain both? If we increase the populaiton to 8m, we need an economy to feed the additional 2m added to the original 6m.... is it a case of the dog chasing its own tail?

or the add'l 2m is needed to increase the wealth of the 1%? while the size of the 99% increases but the standard of living of them decrease..... the 1% gains and increases the size of their wealth at the expense of the decline of the well being of the 99% (work harder but getting less in return)

I am no econmomist and therefore have no answer.

Is the vital link in changing the 99:1 to say 75:25 (ie reducing the GAP) a formula / policies which distribute wealth in a more equitable way? Do we want to see MRT trains and buses filled to the roof and the roads are used by only a few S500, 750, Ferraris etc?

There are some dramatisations here, but what we will see in the near future may not be too far from it.

Or is it a case of "It cant be helped".... maybe.

http://imcmsimages.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileser.../1811PPP064.pdf

Edited by KARTer
↡ Advertisement

No one I asked can confidently tell me that they think their children will have better quality of life then themselves when they moved to the society to work in a couple of decades time in Sunny Singapore.

No one I asked can confidently tell me that they think their children will have better quality of life then themselves when they moved to the society to work in a couple of decades time in Sunny Singapore.

but we always hear promises from someone they will make sgp a better place...... [:(]

but we always hear promises from someone they will make sgp a better place...... [:(]

Swiss standard of living. Maybe he mean we can enjoy eating chocolate,

Singaporeans feel (rightly so) that each succeeding generation should enjoy a better lifestyle as the economy grows. Instead, young couples are getting smaller flats in further-flung areas with fewer amenities, even as the quality of flats has risen.

If for spg's limited land size, we need 6m pple to support the economy which in turn supports the survival and living standard of the same 6m, how many more pple we need to maintain both? If we increase the populaiton to 8m, we need an economy to feed the additional 2m added to the original 6m.... is it a case of the dog chasing its own tail?

or the add'l 2m is needed to increase the wealth of the 1%? while the size of the 99% increases but the standard of living of them decrease..... the 1% gains and increases the size of their wealth at the expense of the decline of the well being of the 99% (work harder but getting less in return)

Is the vital link in changing the 99:1 to say 75:25 (ie reducing the GAP) a formula / policies which distribute wealth in a more equitable way? Do we want to see MRT trains and buses filled to the roof and the roads are used by only a few S500, 750, Ferraris etc?

There are some dramatisations here, but what we will see in the near future may not be too far from it.

I believe the children already being robbed by the GRC=Gangsters-Rob-Children. Only the Elites' chldren are spared from such modern slavery.

A lot of ppl tend to overlook something, external factor that is occurring ourside our country.

external factors affect everyone, but not every country has its is children tied to downhill slopes.... harder work, lower standard of living :o

Edited by KARTer

No one I knew with young kids are not worrying about their kids future in Singapore.

Most regretted not buying more properties when it was cheap for their kids.

How can the future generation support the expensive cars and housing?

A certain someone still say we need 900k more FT, sigh, my future in SG is :ph34r: that is why i wan migrate

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

If you want to quote figures pls support it with facts and not your assumption. Even based on your assumption you had left out issues like aging population. 6million ppl consists of old folks, men, women and children, old folks and children contribute less to the economy, the actual number of ppl contributing to the economy are far less dan the 6 million you had assumed. The aged population also need a place to stay, if everyone wants big floor space for their flats sgp do not have enough land mass to sustain the demand.

It's not dramatisation, it's just that your assumption do not make logical sense.

No one I knew with young kids are not worrying about their kids future in Singapore.

Most regretted not buying more properties when it was cheap for their kids.

How can the future generation support the expensive cars and housing?

The solution is to migrate..heard NZ still taking in SGreans [cool]

If you want to quote figures pls support it with facts and not your assumption. Even based on your assumption you had left out issues like aging population. 6million ppl consists of old folks, men, women and children, old folks and children contribute less to the economy, the actual number of ppl contributing to the economy are far less dan the 6 million you had assumed. The aged population also need a place to stay, if everyone wants big floor space for their flats sgp do not have enough land mass to sustain the demand.

It's not dramatisation, it's just that your assumption do not make logical sense.

my posts hardly make sense to some........................ 6m or 8m or whatever ar figure of speech, if you need to drill down to the closest headcount, that's the politicians' job, here just raise awareness

my posts hardly make sense to some........................ 6m or 8m or whatever ar figure of speech, if you need to drill down to the closest headcount, that's the politicians' job, here just raise awareness

If your post don't make sense, you are misleading ppl lor?

Oh, 6million is just a figure of speech? So you do not take it at heart when our minister's salary gradually reach that figure too?

Do you know what you are saying or not?

What am I doing anyway....waste time sia. [rolleyes]

[wave]

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement