Limpeh is Foreign Talent

Civic2000

Nothing wrong with anything he said. He tells it like it is, so why blame him? Blame the gahmen, which does little or nothing to protect us.

These parts are just dripping with the oh-so-ironic truth:

However, if I had a Singaporean passport, yeah I can work in Singapore (and be saddled with CPF and reservist burdens for that privilege) but would need a work permit for every other country and many of these countries have protectionist policies in their job market to safe guard their locals against foreign workers (something strangely absent in Singapore).

Now what does confounds me is this: instead of directing all their angst at foreigners, why don't Singaporeans direct this anger towards their government?After all, if the Singapore government didn't welcome these foreign workers into Singapore in the first place by giving them such preferential treatment in the job market, would they have arrived in Singapore in such numbers? My company could have been forced to hire a local Singaporean rather than use me (I hold a British passport today) - but no, and that's why the financial services sector in Singapore is full of foreigners (namely Brits, Swiss, Americans and Malaysians amongst others).

So there it is. Blame the gahmen for betraying us and essentially nullifying the sacrifice that we males and our male children have made, will make and/or continue making to this soulless regime. Other countries put the protection of their own people as their first priority, but what does Singapore do? It relegates us to 2nd class status in the land of our own birth.

No point blaming the FT who are merely opportunists - I'll bet that 99% of the complainers would jump at the chance of leaving this country for a far better paying job with better prospects, and without all the attendant burdens of CPF and NS. Lay the blame squarely where it's due - at the doorstep of the P@P.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Turbocharged

Would like to share a link with all.

Limpeh is Foreign Talent. Kenapa-Singapura? (Why-Singapore?)

Rantings of an ex-Singaporean now working in Singapore.

http://limpehft.blogspot.com/2011/11/kenap...-singapore.html

This guy is in senior management.. he belongs to the category of "foreigners who come to Singapore to open company and hire Singaporeans".. very much like a Singaporean sent over by Singapore company to run an office in Thailand/Indonesia/Vietnam etc...

ok nice read....he should stay in UK with his british passport

Given the opportunities that he had, I would have done the same thing too. The issues like CPF, govt not going anything to protect sinagporeans, he mentioned are real. It doesn't really take an ex-SG to see that. Everyone here does... just that raising the issue to the govt is like "talking to a bull". It just gets flushed down the toilet.

This guy is in senior management.. he belongs to the category of "foreigners who come to Singapore to open company and hire Singaporeans".. very much like a Singaporean sent over by Singapore company to run an office in Thailand/Indonesia/Vietnam etc...

maybe

The PAP always rely on the argument of having to be an open economy to be competitive. This seems fair enough. However what the MIW did not realise is that companies are using the locals to train the FTs so the FTs can be groomed to take over the jobs from the locals. The FTs will then be redeployed back to their home countries and the headquarters etc will be moved to the cheaper countries since the FTs already gain the knowledge on how to run the place from the locals.

It has happened to my ex company and is now happening to my current company.

PAP pls open your eyes big big and detract from that utopian 'open economy' argument. When one day the SG economy collapses and jobs move out to the neighbouring countries I guarantee we will do more than occupy istana. [furious]

Very myopic strategy from the PAPPIES WHO JUST WANT SHORT TERM gdp GROWTH for their salaries. [thumbsdown][shakehead]

Edited by Kyrios

What he say is hard truth, at least he is speaking for the Singaporean the unfair treatment by our own masters . Wish that he can join WP the next GE2016 , cheer ! [cool]

opps forgotten he given up PP liao , too bad for Singapore

Edited by Jasonjst

Neutral Newbie

But then wat should we do? like the unions in the Qantas case? Demand minimum wages so we can pay out housing loan, utilities etc.. but if u r a boss u come out with $ to hire people to wipe table. U pay each worker $2 a day in order to be profitable. Workers say no. u must pay $4 a days each if not we cannot survive. And u cannot hire cheaper help.

Don't think there will be a lot of foreign investment in this case right? and we cannot go back to mining or fishing or farming either. so how? i am a working class also. i also don't have the answer.

↡ Advertisement