South Korea: Seoul - Free and easy 2 nights stay in Seoul

Yaloryalor

i use Expedia that allow me to cancel and refund when i make a wrong booking, even if it was a non refundable type. 

Since you have the hotel detail for Ibis Style, you can write to them and let them do the transfer for you instead of going through Hotel.com.

Thanks.

Have just written to Ibis Hotel and asked them for transfer. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hotels.com is totally useless. Even the manager also unwilling to help. Keep reading out the non-refundable policy to me. The manager just said she will try and ask the hotel again. And then read to me the non-refundable policy again.

Wow, Ibis Styles Ambassador very fast reply me. Looks like Hotels.com is the one lying to me about non-refundable policy. It is a policy set by them and not the hotel. Also how come I booked thru Hotels.com, it is instead being booked as Expedia.com? Both from same company???

See screenshot of reply from hotel.

post-2654-0-47463800-1502168743_thumb.jpg

Wow, Ibis Styles Ambassador very fast reply me. Looks like Hotels.com is the one lying to me about non-refundable policy. It is a policy set by them and not the hotel. Also how come I booked thru Hotels.com, it is instead being booked as Expedia.com? Both from same company???

Screenshot Ibis Styles Ambassador Hotel reply 001.jpg

Yes hotels is subsidiary of Expedia I think

But not near to subway

Metro i mean

Agreed. But the main part of myeongdong is as highlighted. @adrianli.

Frankly I don't think ibis style has a better location.

post-4207-0-17168100-1502169093_thumb.jpg

I don't really think it's a huge deal breaker if you can't get it canceled. Just that it's a bit far from the myeongdong metro. In fact if u eat mostly at myeongdong area, it's more convenient!

• Praise 1

Screenshot Ibis Styles Ambassador Hotel reply 001.jpg

you can now call hotel.com to do a refund and book the other hotel.

actually the brand is only a franchise, property owner can be different between the two.

you can now call hotel.com to do a refund and book the other hotel.

actually the brand is only a franchise, property owner can be different between the two.

Now seeing @Lala81 reply, I am more confused and in a dilemma. Cos wifey wana spend all the time at Myeongdong and be near the MRT.

So now dont know to cancel or not. [laugh]

Ibis Styles Ambassador Hotel reservation manager wrote to me and told me that they allow cancellation. Until now no call or email reply from Hotel.com even though the manager I spoke to at Hotel.com say will write to me.

Hotel.com is dragging their feet while the hotel had sent me two replies and told me they allow me to cancel.

post-2654-0-67772700-1502346488_thumb.jpg

Ibis Styles Ambassador Hotel reservation manager wrote to me and told me that they allow cancellation. Until now no call or email reply from Hotel.com even though the manager I spoke to at Hotel.com say will write to me.

Hotel.com is dragging their feet while the hotel had sent me two replies and told me they allow me to cancel.

attachicon.gifScreenshot Ibis Styles Ambassador Hotel reply 002.jpg

if they finally cancel and refund you, think you better not use them for your next booking   [laugh]

if they finally cancel and refund you, think you better not use them for your next booking   [laugh]

Uh, what would you expect though?

You book a hotel on the non-refundable price then want a refund....

i booked all my taipei trip hotels via agoda. They allow cancellation until like 1-2 weeks before the trip.

True. If it's me, i will just suck up my mistake if my request to cancel is denied.

i did that on 2 occasions with Expedia, some time was bad planning and some time was errors. They refund in full and i made another booking.

Just like what we did in Amazon, their customer service is quite good, of course i dun abuse it on purpose. and i only use Expedia  :D

I will end my relationship with Hotel.com after this Korean trip.

For my next year 9 nights trip to Taiwan, I will look for another vendor not under Expedia.com or Hotel.com group.

Unless they make up to me. [:p]  I have been a valuable customer to them all these years, all my MY road trips I booked with them. If they dont know how to treasure me as a regular repeat customer, I will look elsewhere.  :a-no:

on a side note. 

Agoda seems to have the best search filters to me. 

Agoda is owned by Priceline. Booking.com also.

Hotels.com, Trivago is under expedia group.

• Praise 1

on a side note. 

Thanks for the info. Will take note.

I will book my hotels in Taiwan in Dec 2017 after your trip to Taiwan. I wana read abt your Taiwan FR cos I will be going similar places as u in Taiwan. I will be going in Mar 2018.

on a side note. 

i try to book ticket to HK, use Expedia and they still offer the promotion price from Cathay Pacific through Expedia (even Cathay own website not selling at that price which ended 31 July).  Agoda also not offering at the low price $495 for 2 return ticket.

↡ Advertisement