Why Taxi like to drive between 2 lanes?

Virus

Hi driving a taxi is not at all easy as imagine 8-9 hours on the road it is very tiring.....

Now you might say that they can stop and rest but that means lower income and less food for the family....

If you think the way they drive is not safe just horn them and practice defensive driving so they wake up and carry on...no need to report to LTA or whatever authority

↡ Advertisement

even if the entire traffic is empty for 500m except taxi up front & u coming , tekxi 99% will still eat to ur lane borderline as u come nearer , i dont ask why & i duin understand their logic

somemore 3rd time i see red wish texi hogging lane 1 on PIE at below speed limit

last time i honked a taxi driver who did this, he jammed brake. [mad]

if bang into him, it his fault if the parking position occupy 2 lane.. reason is he change lane without checking.

want to see any potential passenger(s) at the side of the road - keep left.

and at the same time, want to be fast and don't want anyone to overtake him - keep right.

in conclusion - between two lanes. :D

usually i flash high beam@ them,so far they go back to their own lane after my high beam :D

i dont flash highbeam, i just on it fulltime (HID), plus my fog lights.... and note his reg number

lets begin a carplate blacklist of ill mannered taxi right here on mcf

keeping the list is not hard, but what to do with the list can be tricky if we want to stay on the safe side of the law..... but there must be ways to do it :D

i think the gahment should make it compulsory for all cab drivers to go for renewal driving test every year, to make sure they're well aware of the road regulations, traffic markings and road courtesy....else their license cannot be renewed...

TP/LTA should also accept video as evidence of bad/reckless driving and reject renewal of tasik license if anyone submits such videos to them against the application of license renewal made by tasik drivers. If the tasik drivers want to keep their lesson, easy, just drive properly and not endanger the lives of others.

To encourage the public to submit such video evidence, TP/LTA should give 'rewards' to whoever submit these video clips. The money will be taken from tasik license renewal fees. But to be fair, if any video is found to be doctored or faked, the person who submits it will be heavily fined.

Edited by KARTer

i dont flash highbeam, i just on it fulltime (HID), plus my fog lights.... and note his reg number

no 1 can tahan HID at nite , practically blind the driver of any mirror , but sometimes evil is a necessity [cool]

keeping the list is not hard, but what to do with the list can be tricky if we want to stay on the safe side of the law..... but there must be ways to do it :D

if u know the SHC xxx & u brush with it, at least we got more story to share just like texi kopi session :D