VW & Suzuki partnership

Mecontle

Suzuki sold 20% to VW for SGD2.8 Billion to gain access to VW R&D but VW refuse to share and sees Suzuki as an investment dump only.

Now VW wants to ban Suzuki from outsourcing diesel engine from Fiat.

Under their agreement, Suzuki cannot buy back their 20% but VW can buy over 80% if Suzuki drop partnership.

Smelly ang mo just like the americans, always trying to bully asians. Now who do u sar.pork ?

↡ Advertisement

Suzuki sold 20% to VW for SGD2.8 Billion to gain access to VW R&D but VW refuse to share and sees Suzuki as an investment dump only.

Under their agreement, Suzuki cannot buy back their 20% but VW can buy over 80% if Suzuki drop partnership.

Smelly ang mo just like the americans, always trying to bully asians. Now who do u sar.pork ?

Quite simple:

Tiu VW lo mo, hum ka chan................... :D

On a serious note: I am surprised the Jap agreed to such a deal in the first place........... something fishy?? ......... anyway, still tiu the chao angmoh, regardless :D

On a serious note: I am surprised the Jap agreed to such a deal in the first place........... something fishy?? ......... anyway, still tiu the chao angmoh, regardless :D

Much as this is an over-generalization, I believe there is a high likelihood that it arises from the Japanese culture and the way they negotiate. Having worked with some Japanese MNCs, I realize that the senior management (more old school) always believe in seeking compromise and approaching things from a fair and even handed approach. The legalese of the contract is often an insignificant consideration to them. Mind you, I am talking about the senior management in Japan; not the management in their Singapore subsidiaries.

Now imagine what happens when this negotiation style goes up against the ang moh caveat emptor style of negotiations and contracting.

Much as this is an over-generalization, I believe there is a high likelihood that it arises from the Japanese culture and the way they negotiate. Having worked with some Japanese MNCs, I realize that the senior management (more old school) always believe in seeking compromise and approaching things from a fair and even handed approach. The legalese of the contract is often an insignificant consideration to them. Mind you, I am talking about the senior management in Japan; not the management in their Singapore subsidiaries.

Now imagine what happens when this negotiation style goes up against the ang moh caveat emptor style of negotiations and contracting.

oh yes, i forgot the old-school 'gentlemanly' and 'trusting' approach could make the older senior decision making Jap can overlook the fact that their western counterparts are the opposite... :o

↡ Advertisement