We sold our car because of Circle Line

Cerano

So do you think the travelling patterns of the Mr Tan (from punggol to harborfront using circle line) is representative of the travelling routes of the vast majority of the daily commuter population?

[:p]

The point is. you want to post a report make sure its done in full scale. anything extra that is not from the article be it personal view or photo, state clearly. -_-

↡ Advertisement

dont think so narrowly. think of the wide-spread implications of that school of thought

Jman thoughts is correct. both morally and factually. so what implications it had.

had TS mention, that the pics is not from the article. then no issue liao.

Jman thoughts is correct. both morally and factually. so what implications it had.

had TS mention, that the pics is not from the article. then no issue liao.

article no photo mah. and im TS la [laugh]

ok now i tell u pic is not from article but is from the circle line can bo? [:p]

article no photo mah. and im TS la [laugh]

i know. but i commenting in general what jman think lah

ok now i tell u pic is not from article but is from the circle line can bo? [:p]

Actually too late liao [laugh] cause arguement start liao. :ph34r:

think we have to be extra careful when we post news cutting. cause sometimes very misleading.

ever got one, post one lump chunk and then add in personal opinion and you dont even know which is his personal which is from news cutting. [laugh]

i know. but i commenting in general what jman think lah

Actually too late liao [laugh] cause arguement start liao. :ph34r:

think we have to be extra careful when we post news cutting. cause sometimes very misleading.

ever got one, post one lump chunk and then add in personal opinion and you dont even know which is his personal which is from news cutting. [laugh]

alamak i thought u all following my previous thread on sardines too [laugh] same photo

the circle line is ok... but the bus transfer before and after that sucks.. the long waiting times and journeys for buses to get to and from the circle line is unbearable.

It still takes about 1.5 hours to travel 20km by way of bus-mrt in Singapore, compared to 0.5 hour by car. This is not acceptable.

ya that is true but it will depend on the route

He is [hur]

Should have waited for at least 1 year later to access the situation first before selling his car ...... :blink:

Selling is easy but buying a car again would cost a bomb with the ever increasing COE $$$$$$ ....... [sweatdrop]

now its quite a good time to sell actually....anyway its their decision

maybe the mrt is really outside their home?

If FT/FW reduce by 50% as of current number, can take public transport liao...

I regret to inform you that it will not happen, and the number of FT/FW will increase by 50% more instead of reducing. [rolleyes]

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/...ry_722693.html

'We sold our car because we think we can get around by public transport conveniently now.'

MR JEFFREY TAN: 'My wife and I tried out the Circle Line on Monday. We started from Punggol station on the North-East Line and alighted at Serangoon station, where we switched to the Circle Line towards HarbourFront.

The ride was smooth and swift despite the many stops. At HarbourFront, we continued on the line reaching Dhoby Ghaut in an hour. It was convenient because the Botanic Gardens, Holland Village and Labrador Park, which were remote previously, are now within reach via public transport.

And yes, we sold our car because we think we can get around by public transport conveniently now.'

Wait till Ah Jeffrey Tan and his wife is in his 60s or even 70s and then he'll think..

fark ...why public transport so elderly and wheelchair unfriendly ?

why so bloody crowded one ?

And Ah Tan never understood ( even in his younger years...like now when he posted this statement) why all the MIWs and their cronies have ALOT of cars in their house! [laugh][laugh]

The point is. you want to post a report make sure its done in full scale. anything extra that is not from the article be it personal view or photo, state clearly. -_-

Good advice. [thumbsup]

I think ur thinking is shallow.Did the guy complain abt the crowding?

The guy is missing the entire problem on which our argument is based to start with.

Just because you bury your head in the sand doesnt mean the problem is any less [laugh]

now if he likes public transport then by all means good for him [thumbsup]

no one is disputing that. my thread is meant to be informative and thought-provoking. Not to take stands on any side.

I merely highlighted his viewpoint which is by all means valid, and then the situation on the ground juxtaposing the two

The guy is missing the entire problem on which our argument is based to start with.

Just because you bury your head in the sand doesnt mean the problem is any less [laugh]

now if he likes public transport then by all means good for him [thumbsup]

no one is disputing that. my thread is meant to be informative and thought-provoking. Not to take stands on any side.

I merely highlighted his viewpoint which is by all means valid, and then the situation on the ground juxtaposing the two

No. The guy was simply stating that he sold the car and he has switched to public transport.

MR JEFFREY TAN: 'My wife and I tried out the Circle Line on Monday. We started from Punggol station on the North-East Line and alighted at Serangoon station, where we switched to the Circle Line towards HarbourFront.

The ride was smooth and swift despite the many stops. At HarbourFront, we continued on the line reaching Dhoby Ghaut in an hour. It was convenient because the Botanic Gardens, Holland Village and Labrador Park, which were remote previously, are now within reach via public transport.

And yes, we sold our car because we think we can get around by public transport conveniently now.'

I do not get any sense out of his writing that he was out to prove or disprove anything other than that he sold his car and he is intent on going public transport. Even trying to suss out sublimal messages from this writing is far fetched.

On the other hand you, my friend have a clear agenda and i have no doubt that you have hijacked the fella's writeup by putting up the picture of Bishan Circle Line platform bursting at the seam.

2 cents.

↡ Advertisement