We sold our car because of Circle Line

Cerano

What makes you think they can't bear with the crowd? Not everyone is pampered.

not at all. i was merely answering his question about the picture

↡ Advertisement

Yes...

and after mid-night our underworld friends also can take the ride and visit some of their friends in Bidadari (Woodleigh Station) and Pek San Teng (Marymount Station). -_-

See, our gov is giving the best of both world .... [:p]

after midnight no more train la last train is 11.45 [laugh]

At least build bigger train station, not like the current station running on 2-3 carriage. Building more MRT/LRT/Circle line doesnt mean the public transport system have improved. The public system must be able to handle the number of people travelling on them. [rolleyes]

then i guess our circle line will not be able to be operation for at least 5 more years [laugh]

not troll thread hor. this is serious discussion.

Do you think our public transport is good enough to replace private transport for most people as of yet?

Please discuss

Yes.

Simple reasoning. Are there any homes or offices that our public transport system can't reach?

If the answer is no, then it is already much better than most other countries. Even "1st-world countries" cannot claim that.

(edited)

Yes.

Simple reasoning. Are there any homes or offices that our public transport system can't reach?

If the answer is no, then it is already much better than most other countries. Even "1st-world countries" cannot claim that.

I think accessibility is one factor yes, another is convenience, then there is cost and lastly the time factor.

Is our MRT fast enough as of now with current waiting times? If not what can be done?

And the analogy on 1st world countries doesnt hold because well basically everyone has cars of their own there or definitely can afford them as we all know

Also with the latest furor over alleged poor service with massive crowds combined with price hikes, what can be done to alleviate this ?

Edited by Cerano

Yes.

to answer this question we need to define how far away from nearest transport is consider can't reach.

I think accessibility is one factor yes, another is convenience, then there is cost and lastly the time factor.

Is our MRT fast enough as of now with current waiting times? If not what can be done?

And the analogy on 1st world countries doesnt hold because well basically everyone has cars of their own there or definitely can afford them as we all know

Also with the latest furor over alleged poor service with massive crowds combined with price hikes, what can be done to alleviate this ?

Feel that there are just too many variables when you want to say that other countries can afford cars but we can't. Petrol costs, distance, their salary vs cost of car, cost of living, etc.

If it already wasn't good enough in terms of time, convenience or accessibility, everyone who is not driving today would not be able to get to work/home. but the fact is that most are able to, at the most wait for 2nd or 3rd time.

For cost, who is really qualified to say if the cost is too low or too high? Is it judged by affordability or comparison with private transport? I for 1, believe that competition will lower costs, so in a way it doesn't help that we have only 1 or 2 public transport companies in SG.

wonder if i take from punggol mrt to joo koon mrt, how long will it take?... if less than 1hr, i also will sell my car...

I think it should be around 1 hour.. Punggol to Outram around 30+ mins, Outram to Joo Koon should be close to 30 mins..

If you can stand the people in the train during peak hours, by all means, you should sell ur car..

Travelling from Punggol to Benoi Rd (Near Joo Koon MRT) takes about 1 hr ++, probably 1 hr 15 mins.. If there are no traffic accidents, u might get there in 1 hr, if there are any accidents or on a rainy day, prepare for a longer journey.. I stay at Seng Kang, if I do work at Joo Koon, I think I will sell my car, or convert to off peak.. Tak boleh tahan the start stop traffic on ECP and AYE.. Not forgetting, the first expressway that you get into (the KPE) is already jammed up even before reaching the tunnel.. And KPE is averaging like 30-40km/h in morning peak hours.. AYE and ECP probably averaging around the same speed considering the start stop traffic..

Actually i wrote into SMRT a long time ago suggested that the extremely long North South Line be segregated into the North South Line and North West Line. Yishun will resume its old role as a former terminus by expanding into a 4 track platform. This will help speed up train turnover rates end to end. They replied that they would look into it but i am not sure what happened to it.

Turbocharged

i belong to the ranting group...

everyday my average waiting time is 3 trains (record so far is 7)

and everyday i remember what SMRT CEO has said... "We've yet to push people into the train

Yes.

I think there is some offices which located at "ulu" area not accessible. Like Loyang and Tuas. [:p]

wonder if i take from punggol mrt to joo koon mrt, how long will it take?... if less than 1hr, i also will sell my car...

lol.. think abt 2hrs..u will may have to stand all the way some more ..

Is very scarely to take MRT in the morning ..every station sure got huge crowd waiting at mrt platform door..

increase frequency of train aso no use... = =

Actually i wrote into SMRT a long time ago suggested that the extremely long North South Line be segregated into the North South Line and North West Line. Yishun will resume its old role as a former terminus by expanding into a 4 track platform. This will help speed up train turnover rates end to end. They replied that they would look into it but i am not sure what happened to it.

I am sure they are still looking ^_^

Jurong east now got 4 track platform.. aso no use.. huge crowd jaming at the door every morning & evening..

I think there is some offices which located at "ulu" area not accessible. Like Loyang and Tuas. [:p]

I think got bus, but 30 min once type, and only 1 or 2 numbers. [laugh]

But majority of this seems well covered by the company buses which depart from JP/Lakeside/Pasir Ris?

If gov cover this part, private bus company lagi eat grass liao.

got bus go to those ulu places lah. how i know?? i work in ulu tuas mah...

maybe you can cite jurong Island [laugh]

↡ Advertisement