POSB/DBS interest rates dropped

Mllcg

coz u nvr go re-finance mah....

any bros tried to re-finance b4 ar?

i think my % was 1.88.

worth the effort + those admin charges?

wats the prevailing car loan rate now ar?

↡ Advertisement

i put maybank for my saving acc...interest % much higher than our local banks. dont talk about investment or what...comparing the interest given as gratiuity for using their saving acc.

My account with them is only for crediting of salary, nothing else. Moved my monies to another bank years ago [laugh]

aiyah then , why you grumble? interest so low wont make any difference even if your salary is $100k a month, right?

Hypersonic

Putting your money in bank is like letting it rot away. Inflation is higher than interest so slowly your 100k is not worth 100k anymore.

Investment still the best option.

cant be help

low interest rate around the world

so there are many ways to hedge against low interest rate

1. DCI

2. Buy high dividend yield stocks

3. Buy property with high rental yield

4. not advisable - be a loan shark (better the legal kind such as credit cards)

any bros tried to re-finance b4 ar?

i think my % was 1.88.

worth the effort + those admin charges?

wats the prevailing car loan rate now ar?

at the moment, re-finance will only be good for interest rate >3%.

it is good for those who over loan when purchasing a car.

anything <3% does not make much sense to re-finance.

if i am not wrong, the re-finance will be around 2% or so.

nonetheless, your 1.88% is already consider as dirt cheap for current situation.

hope it helps.

interest rate lower no diff for me, still living hand to mouth. ;(

saying it often dun make it any more true u know? if a private banker lives hand to mouth..then most sinkies already starve to death already [laugh]

i put maybank for my saving acc...interest % much higher than our local banks. dont talk about investment or what...comparing the interest given as gratiuity for using their saving acc.

What rate is maybanks? Think I want to trnasfer my half a million from dbs/posb to it if viable. [laugh]

Putting your money in bank is like letting it rot away. Inflation is higher than interest so slowly your 100k is not worth 100k anymore.

Investment still the best option.

investment also cannot keep up with inflation.

low risk give max 3% only.

inflation also more than that.

When I first saw the thread....my impression is TS is a pretty hopelessssss guy....

Banks have been paying close to 'zip' in interest for years and this bugger is 'still looking' at what the 'new' interest rate is for deposit.

But then again I realised....

Isn't that typical of Sinkie....

They look at something going from bad to worse and had been that way for years and he still keep looking at it...

It never occur to them to 'get out of such mindset and do or make something 'better' of out it...

They remain resigned to the fact....that some organisation much bigger than them having been 'farking them' all these years....

Same thing applies as their own gov is doing to them! :D

When I first saw the thread....my impression is TS is a pretty hopelessssss guy....

Banks have been paying close to 'zip' in interest for years and this bugger is 'still looking' at what the 'new' interest rate is for deposit.

But then again I realised....

Isn't that typical of Sinkie....

They look at something going from bad to worse and had been that way for years and he still keep looking at it...

It never occur to them to 'get out of such mindset and do or make something 'better' of out it...

They remain resigned to the fact....that some organisation much bigger than them having been 'farking them' all these years....

Same thing applies as their own gov is doing to them! :D

GOOD OBSERVATION

saying it often dun make it any more true u know? if a private banker lives hand to mouth..then most sinkies already starve to death already [laugh]

Tedlhw is the private banker, i'm the table wiper lah.....

:wacko:

aiyo, how many times must i tell you....

↡ Advertisement