Grand Vitara flipping on SG expressway..

Shull

Now, this is something which you don't get to see everyday.. Hope the driver is ok.. [sweatdrop]

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150335826257866

Sorry peeps, cannot embed as video is uploaded on facebook.. but it's shared with the public, so i suppose everyone can see it even without logging into facebook..

SUVs and MPVs are not designed for sudden maneuvers like this. Drivers who used to drive sedans are the ones in greatest danger of misappropriating the handling ability of the SUV.

Edited by Siewss
↡ Advertisement

SUVs have relatively higher CG than most cars. Sedans can flip if they mount kerb at sufficient speeds let alone SUVs with high ground clearance. Sudden changes in direction plus collision is a bad combo for SUVs.

Neutral Newbie

Serves him/her right... who the hell in the right frame of mind would execute a sharp turn like that... so what if miss the exit... just drive a bit longer.. 1 less idiotic driver on the road... and I hope he/she can help educate some pple

omg WRC driver?

exit at the nxt exit and u-turn save how much time nia.

hope the champion nv kana any vehicles at the exit

Really champion can go back to champion motors for trophy

is the driver woman who die die must exit from there thats why the mind went into fantasy mode thinking the car can cross over the barrier...

Edited by Babyt

Neutral Newbie

obvious lack of planning of trip..and tried to exit at the last second..in this instance..a GPS will serve its purpose well

Click on HD for even sharper video!

btw, moral of the story :

1. filter to left lane early if you want to exit, don't cut across few lanes out of sudden

2. if u are not sure of the route, keep left and go slow

may be LTA should draw more double white line near expressway exit, so that ppl cannot cut in last minute

This is the first time I see a SUV doing drifting.

The driver juz ebrake and turn left all the way juz not to miss the exit.

If you notice there's a motorbike juz before the SUV before it did the stunt.

There's also another motorbike behind the car turning out of the exit and after the SUV flip. Pray the biker manage to stop in time.

Hope the driver of the SUV is injured. He/She is doing a stunt risking the life of other road users.

If kana any bikers, it's surely cover in plastice bag for the poor fellow.

this actually happens to me once when i wanted to slow down around a bend and a tap too hard on the brakes causeing my car to spin rear out and bang into the side rail of the road. becareful not to brake too hard when about to lose traction as it will cause the car to go out of control and BANG....................................

↡ Advertisement