Iphone use it like walkie talkie? how?

Feeldown

hi guys!!! today go wedding dinner go take taxi, and i saw this taxi uncle put a iphone on the holder...

and very cool!!!! his iphone work like walkie talkie!!!! with time stamp and name...

and lot of taxi uncle chating in there!!!! can hear diff voice talking!!! and he can click the inv message to repeat the message!!! is all real time!!! on line!!! can hear other uncle reply him!!! and he just press the key on the screen to reply those uncle!!! cool!!! they talk about where got jam, and where where (all from diff place in singapore) got customer to pick... and even what time to meet up for a drink!!!

i do not want to ask him what app, but i will like to know if anyone here know?

cos i try to find walkie talkie from app store... is all bluetooth chat... whcih i dont think those taxi and using.. they can very far apart from each other...

and maybe i can setup one for all my friend to chat over there also...

↡ Advertisement

hi guys!!! today go wedding dinner go take taxi, and i saw this taxi uncle put a iphone on the holder...

and very cool!!!! his iphone work like walkie talkie!!!! with time stamp and name...

and lot of taxi uncle chating in there!!!! can hear diff voice talking!!! and he can click the inv message to repeat the message!!! is all real time!!! on line!!! can hear other uncle reply him!!! and he just press the key on the screen to reply those uncle!!! cool!!! they talk about where got jam, and where where (all from diff place in singapore) got customer to pick... and even what time to meet up for a drink!!!

i do not want to ask him what app, but i will like to know if anyone here know?

cos i try to find walkie talkie from app store... is all bluetooth chat... whcih i dont think those taxi and using.. they can very far apart from each other...

and maybe i can setup one for all my friend to chat over there also...

App called Talkbox?

not talkbox, i have try...

the interface is diffence, the app this taxi driver run, sound like a real walkie... with 'too too' sound then come message, should have put down my face and ask!

Edited by Feeldown

not viber also... only 1 to 1! the uncle use is way better...

one talk many receive and all can talk but it will play back 1 by 1 on iphone on the speaker, is like bring a group of friends to chat or help each other with u anywhere u go!

hmmm... why opt for half duplex communication when duplex communication is available ie viber etc?

Viber sucks !! Never seems to work when you need it to...it works well on wifi....but on 3G...try 10 times....fail 9 times.

not talkbox, i have try...

the interface is diffence, the app this taxi driver run, sound like a real walkie... with 'too too' sound then come message, should have put down my face and ask!

The way you describe it sound like talkbox...maybe he customised ringtone for it ?

one talk many receive and all can talk but it will play back 1 by 1 on iphone on the speaker, is like bring a group of friends to chat or help each other with u anywhere u go!

must be a hacked ah tiong iphone :D

did you see how it look like?

goto apps and search for walkie talkie, there are a few apps.

Edited by Fireball0088
↡ Advertisement